• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wiki's Strongest: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damnit stop ninja'ing me.

Your armour is noted to only make the effect weaker by varying degrees depending on the original magic's severity. You being split apart infinitely and casted across an infinite plane of existence is still infinite. 10% of infinity is still infinity. Also HOW exactly does armour prevent a sword from being teleported into your head? Like... it's not fused into your very body or anything right? you still have vital organs and crap? plus Her teleportation also isn't magic IIRC; that WON'T be blocked. If she goes for Hell's Key rather than Hell's Bane, a single prick will petrify and seal you into a crystal at the hilt (Which is technically a lie since it's Hell), THEN you'd have to deal with Lucifer, who within hell, has Law and Order Manipulation.

Edit: HOW would the Armour prevent explosions from happening? It's not magic-based. The only magic she's explicitly shown is Necromancy and curses. Also that's not how Regenerationn works. Just because your regen operates quickly does not somehow grant it a higher level of Regenerationn than shown. If the explosions starts in your head and your regen starts immediately after contact with a cell, it wouldn't matter since the actual damage itself is beyond what your regen has displayed.

Armour is anti-magic and does not allow exterior magic to enter. It doesn't just block fireballs or vector based attacks, it simply stops magic from affecting the wearer.

Considering the armour is made of a replica of the God Sword's material, which also nullifies Authorities, I.e. at least 8D special abilities explicitly not magic, the teleportation would still probably be blocked.

He's countered petrifaction before, From the Authority of Dust. And sealing didn't work on the Authority of Conquest, seeing as the Authority of Judgement couldn't just lol seal him, so Erebus would likely just instinctively draw on his past nature to resist it.

I have no counter for infinite pieces, other than "holds himself together with at least 8D TK". Take from that what you will.

Edit: never mind, take this from it: A) 8D is several infinities greater than 3/4D powers. B) while saying he can control infinite pieces of himself might be NLF, he's quite capable of controlling the finite pieces of himself and never allowing them to become infinite.

Monarch Laciel said:
The Sword of Life has only ever shown Mid, as in if his brain was destroyed he would die.
..... Mid regen is regening from your brain being destroyed, or at least damaged, tho.

Severe brain damage.

Actually fully destroying his brain would kill him. Just stabbing him through the eye with a knife would not.

Quote (The Eternal Rise) for Low 7-B on both Speed Equalized and Unequalized. He speed Blitz' Mecha Sonic with speed unequal and I think he takes it for Speed Equalized as well. More versatility, higher AP, strong hax like Absolute Zero, firing Black Holes and Matter Manipulation that atomizes enemies.

Akreious said:
Edit: HOW would the Armour prevent explosions from happening? It's not magic-based. The only magic she's explicitly shown is Necromancy and curses. Also that's not how Regenerationn works. Just because your regen operates quickly does not somehow grant it a higher level of Regenerationn than shown. If the explosions starts in your head and your regen starts immediately after contact with a cell, it wouldn't matter since the actual damage itself is beyond what your regen has displayed.
See above. Explicitly non-magical higher dimensional fuckery was also negated.

What do you mean that's not how Regenerationn works? It's true that if he was blown into pieces he wouldn't regenerate from it. But he'd never be in pieces, because he would regenerate faster than the explosion actually explodes and burns him / pushes his body outwards.

To continue on your example, if the explosion started in his head, and his Regenerationn began the moment the explosion contacted a cell, the damaged cell would regenerate before the explosion touches the next cell. There'd never be any "damage beyond what the regen has displayed", because he would heal so fast that a level of damage like that could never occur.

Made some of the tiering changes. Tell me if I need to add anything else.

I was going to hold back on nominating him, as I made his profile recently, but I think The Grand Oculoid should be able to take 5-C. I'd nominate Sethos, but when I get around to working on my pages again he'll probably lose his 5-C key.

Unequalized, his speed advantage is simply too much for either one of them to handle. Even with speed equalized, though, I don't think either of them have an answer to mind manipulation on his scale (about 4.5 x 10^27 people by feats or 4.5 x 10^36 people by his statements). Granted, he'd have to BFR them to his realm before he could use direct mind control on them, but even then he could just portal himself over to Hell and attack them with his other forms of mind manipulation and send other attacks through portals. If he isn't allowed to do that, then he can still maintain his range advantage through teleportation or telekinetically holding them and throwing them around. He also has a form of existence erasure through Hellfire in order to bypass Naruto's atomic Regenerationn.

I admit I probably missed something when looking over the other characters, so I apologize if I did.

SiamesetheKitty said:
Jayduss (Original Concept) not for 8-C (I believe Lithia has some High 1-A stuff in this key. Correct me if I'm wrong though.), 7-A, 5-A, 4-B, 3-C, 2-B, and 2-A. Simply put, in my original story, Jayduss is basically an avatar of a 1-A being who used a book that manipulates Plot on that same scale as they are to make sure they would get by any challenge in due time. No matter how long it took... (Yeah, the original version of my story was...e r g to say the least)
I might even say 1-A because their true essence potentially could have the hierarchy to match Mattias, considering what's listed on the Notes/Trivia section, though I'll, of course, let Monarch decide on that. I doubt they are, though
Against my better judgement, I've decided to address this.

I just looked at Jaydus's hierarchy, and from what I can see there's even more of a chain of "immeasuraby transcends this guy who immeasurably transcends this guy, who immeasurably transcends this guy etc etc etc" than there is on my heirarchy.

But here's the thing. That doesn't matter. You will not reach the Ultimate Ones simply by stacking "immeasuraby transcends this guy who immeasurably transcends this guy, who immeasurably transcends this guy etc etc etc" on your character's justification.

That's not how the Ultimate One's position works. You can't reach them by climbing from below. Doesn't matter how many times you achieve another infinity^infinity layers of transcendence.

The heirarchy I have shown exists to prove that when I say "the Grain can contain whatever cosmology you want, no matter how large", I am being very literal, not hyperbolic.

All of that layers of immeasurable transcendence, as much as you want, as much as you are willing to write down - all of it can fit in a single Grain. And the Ultimate Ones will always be beyond the Grain, in the first, and highest world Kadmon, and are the first and highest beings. That is their position in the cosmology. One step down from the Zeroth itself.

The moment you surpass the Ultimate Ones, you are no longer "1-A", or even "at least 1-A". If you write a character that surpasses the Ultimate Ones, they are High 1-A. There's simply nowhere left in the 1-A spot for them to fit.

Huh, so it's kinda like how Deities and how Willpower Defense work in Gyrohem, except on a much grander scale. The Deities are so high up the 1-B scale that if you surpass them, you're automatically High 1-B. They're at the peak of 1-B, and it's literal. As for Willpower Defense, it encompasses everything on that dimensional level, so even if you stack infinity upon infinity upon infinity in, say, a 4-D plane, that still wouldn't matter as 4-D Willpower Defense would still resist it, since it's at the very peak of that dimensional level. Surpassing 4-D Willpower Defense would mean you'd have to have 5-D power.

I dunno, little talk. I just found it interesting.

Xmark12 said:
Huh, so it's kinda like how Deities and how Willpower Defense work in Gyrohem, except on a much grander scale. The Deities are so high up the 1-B scale that if you surpass them, you're automatically High 1-B. They're at the peak of 1-B, and it's literal. As for Willpower Defense, it encompasses everything on that dimensional level, so even if you stack infinity upon infinity upon infinity in, say, a 4-D plane, that still wouldn't matter as 4-D Willpower Defense would still resist it, since it's at the very peak of that dimensional level. Surpassing 4-D Willpower Defense would mean you'd have to have 5-D power.

I dunno, little talk. I just found it interesting.
I have a problem with things like that. Maybe because no finite number can round to infinity (ever), no matter how big. Because 50% of infinite (the rounding point) is still infinity. Sorry about that.

In verse, you can still get things like that, but out of verse is a whole different story.

Actually, the (three) High 1-A rule here is a thing, so technically 1-As can still surpass that.

Uhh what?

Explain a bit more what you mean and how you came to that conclusion?

Actually, the (three) High 1-A rule here is a thing, so technically 1-As can still surpass that.

Uhh what?

Explain a bit more what you mean and how you came to that conclusion?

The high 1-A rule dictates you only get 3 on this site, so the logical thing to do is rate anything that would be that tier as 1-A if there are too many.

There's a logical reason for that, which borderlines the same reason there can't be two Tier 0s in one setting.

A High 1-A is essentially a Tier 0 with some form of minor limitation, one of which could just simply be having an entity over it or equal/comparable to it.

However, if there were 10 High 1-As, they don't have a minor limitation, they have ten freaking naunces comparable and/or equal to them. They can't be anywhere near Tier 0.

It's so simple it's kindergarten. The more High 1-As you add, the further away from potential 0 status they have, therefore disqualifying them from High 1-A after having 2-3 naunces (actually 1-2 but that's for a future revision).

The only reason Cthulhu Mythos gets away with having 3 High 1-As is because the Nameless Mist is just Yog's most primordial state, it's not really a separate being).

But if all the beings are (for lack of a better term) nigh-omnipotent, but they are all equally nigh-omnipotent, how does that stop any of them from being nigh-omnipotent?

Not really.

If omnipotent is 100, and these characters are all 99, it's not like all of them being 99 somehow stops them from being 99

Nigh omnipotence is pretty much being "above most". If there a lot of 99s, that isn't nigh omnipotent anymore, as it is not "above most" at this point. You'd have to be something like 99.5 to be nigh omnipotent at that point.

Nigh Omnipotent means you have like one or two equals max. Having more than 3 equals means you're not massively above everyone else; hence why they're not High 1-A. In short, "If everyone is Nigh Omnipotent then no one is"

Pretty sure this is just a disagreement over what the term "nigh-omnipotence" means, because if these are characters who are at the very top of the verse, just below the omnipotent, and can completely control everything in the verse excluding the omnipotent as much as they want, as well as control the High 1-A substance that makes everything exist, I'd say that's enough to qualify for "nigh-omnipotent" / a High 1-A

That being said, I'm already ranking said characters as 1-A simply because of the rule about having more than 3 High 1-As so I don't know why we're arguing.

I just take that "minor limitations" means that you can't have more than 3 equals, because then your weakness wouldn't be "minor".

Not really? Derail implies we're talking about something completely unrelated to the thread; discussing if a character's legitimately at a tier in a "Strongest for Tiers" thread seems pretty on-point

By that logic, having two 100s doesn't stop either one from being 100, but a verse can only have one "omnipotent"/boundless character. Meh, whatever. Not too fond of these tiers anyway, just was reinforcing Sera's point a bit.

There are only 3 High 1-A's per verse. Simple as that. We have a reason for this and we gave a reason to why when we made the rule. Drop the subject permanently. Thank you.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
There are only 3 High 1-A's per verse. Simple as that. We have a reason for this and we gave a reason to why when we made the rule. Drop the subject permanently. Thank you.
I don't even have any High 1-As in my verse yet.

Also, channeling your inner Antvasima I see. *thumbs up*

@Drag done.

@Everyone alright, sooo. Anything else that needs to be added?

@Xmark12 I mentioned earlier in the thread that my character, The Grand Oculoid, could take 5-C, considering the fact he's MFTL+ with a lot of mindhax, a severe range advantage, and access to a form of existence erasure, among other things. Not sure how Naruto could deal with it. Should I make a VS thread for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back