• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The World Ends With You: Neku clean-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the forum move seems to be (mostly, anyway) complete, it's about time I start working on TWEWY. First off though, we need to fix our protagonist's page. Quite a few problems that weren't dealt with. Let's see what needs Erasure, and what might need to be added (I'll be getting back into playing TWEWY to confirm anything).

Soul Manipulation, Summoning: I notice this isn't on his profile. Neku can summon Rhyme's Noise form to attack opponents. Summoning of Noise is done through binding Soul to a pin, which should give some form of Soul Manipulation.

Imprinting: "(Can imprint orders and ideas into other people's minds to force them to take a decision he wants them to)." That is completely false. All Imprinting (page is a stub sadly) does is influence people struggling to make a decision; something like a burst of inspiration. For example, Shiki Day 5 presents a secret Meme (option for imprinting) of Slam-Off Tickets, which is the secret Mina's keeping that starts the whole situation (seen here). Even if you use this to Imprint, Mina will refuse to show the tickets. Showing it to Ai does no good either.

My suggested change is to, for one, put Imprinting under Mind Manipulation. Sending ideas into someone's head should fall under that. Second, the justification should be "Can send Memes, or ideas relating to his mission, into someone's head to influence a decision".

Status Effects: Somehow still not in his Powers and Abilities. Status effects include Attack Down, Defense Down, Immobilization, and HP Drain (which is actually just poison damage). Certain pins can inflict this at the start of battle. He should also have a resistance to some of these effects through wearing threads.

Hanekoma/Panthera Cantus: "Traded blows and even bested Hanekoma the Fallen Angel, a being from the Higher Plane who is even stronger than the Composer, though he didn't seem to be going all out in his battle against Neku" A few things wrong with this...

1) Panthera Cantus is probably not stronger than the Composer. The justification from this probably comes from his description of "Hanekoma's Noise form. This ultimate existence, both lion and tiger, demands your full force!", which could just allude to the fact that it's the superboss of TWEWY. Even then, if Hanekoma is holding back his power, then that shouldn't be usable to justify stats. That would mean this "suppressed power" is "somewhere" less than Neku's and Hanekoma's own power, but we don't exactly have numbers giving anything real to go by.

2) The events of Another Day aren't canon. Yeah, Joshua does hide away in a parallel world and Hanekoma does follow him there (both mentioned in secret reports), but that's about it. The description says "On a certain day, at a certain time, in a different world...this, like totally really happened.", which seems to imply the day in fact did not happen. There are also problems concerning Reapers shouldn't have visible wings (outside of the UG anyhow, and it's not clear which plane they're on), Shiki looks like Eri (her real appearance was her entry fee in the main story), and arguably everyone's personalities are sillier (helping to suggest we shouldn't take much of Another Day seriously).

In short; delete the part talking about Hanekoma in Neku's profile. The battle is probably not canon, and even if it was, we can't get anything out of it if he's not using his full force.

Durability: "Fought Megumi who can freeze time, so he was doubtlessly forced to tank the latter's strongest attacks several times. Can tank blows from other foes around his level of power or even higher, such as the Producer Hanekoma". I already explained why Hanekoma shouldn't be mentioned in the profile. Megumi's attacks poses a separate issue, though. Megumi can stop time, but this also means he can't unleash attacks during that freeze. Instead, he sets up attacks to go off once he unpauses, which gives Neku enough time to avoid once he's able to move [see here]. The idea of "tanking blows" is a little questionable as well since Neku probably dodges more than take every hit dished out. I'll grant that he can take hits, as well as scaling with characters capable of fighting against him (if the enemy can take my hits and return something that can hurt me, they're comparable to me) as well as arguably Newton's 3rd Law justifying Durability scaling with AP.

Neku's Phone: There's one feature that needs to be added, although minor. Neku's (and Joshua's) phone can take up to 3 pictures per day of the past.

I may add more in the future, but I think this is fine enough for now. Should we go ahead and make these changes? I don't think there are many knowledgeable members to contact, but hopefully some staff can see this.

This seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

You're the main admin, but not who I should ask to edit the page. Then who? Or can someone give me editing rights to make the changes to Neku myself? Like I said earlier, basically no one I know about is knowledgeable on TWEWY, so I don't expect many thoughts about the verse aside from my own.

I do not remember how experienced you are with editing properly.

If you are uncertain, maybe Blahblah or Bobsican are willing to handle it?

In any case, please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Sorry for the long delay for responding. I think I can handle changing the profile myself. Since there doesn't seem to be any disagreement on what I said, I'll go ahead and make all the changes.

Edit: Something else about Probability Manipulation I forgot... Neku can lower his HP to increase the chances of enemies dropping pins. Will it be alright if I put this in?
Edit 2: Neku's Lifting Strength is still listed as Unknown. Since he doesn't have difficulty holding his cell phone or a gun, he should have Regular Human LS. Psychokinesis, lifting and throwing cars, would be Class 5.
Third: Fixing his equipment to be "His cell phone, various pins, two Player Pins" (Neku has a spare Player Pin that ended up saving him from Megumi).

I'll go ahead and make these changes too if that's alright. If not, the changes can be undone.

Last edited:
That is probably fine. Tell me here when you are done, and I should close this thread.

I suppose that'll be fine for now. If I start playing TWEWY again, I may see about adding more justifications and fixing additional errors. But, since we're here... How should I go about adding new pages for TWEWY's cast?

Okay. Should I close this thread in the meantime?

Yeah. I've finally gotten back into playing Final Remix (after half a year!), so I may make a sequel thread after I've gotten God rank in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back