• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This wiki is too small for the two of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protagonist of Red Dead Redemption 2 takes on Composite Human, who has only hearsay knowledge of Morgan's capacities and can build a set of equipment based off the following rules:

1. Only weapons he can use himself;

2. Nothing that came after the time and period in which Red Dead Redemption 2 takes place;

3. No vehicles whatsoever, even if Arthur Morgan decides to bring in a horse, CH can't bring sh*t;

4. The fight takes place on a random town from the game, which CH will be invading;

5. It is high noon when the fight begins.

If Composite Human knows of Arthur Morgan's capabilities at all, Composite Human will certainly favor stealth. He won't try to engage in one-on-one melee if he can avoid it, either. Chances are Composite Human uses far superior gun skills and stealth to outmaneuver and whittle him down. Arthur can take a shotgun blast, but what about two? Three? From a perfectly optimized weapon right to the ceiling of what he is allowed to make?

With traps and contraptions, higher intelligence, better stealth, and better gunmanship, I believe Composite Human wins the stealth game.

Hmm, what kind of traps can CH use that will work on a 9-B? Most bladed weapons from real life are 9-C, and if we look at real life 9-B animals like lions and bears, there are many of them who take multiple shots from firearms and fail to go down, so the same can be said of Arthur. Also, while a large animal has their durability partly because of their size, one could say that the same durability is "compressed" in Arthur's smaller body, which is one reason why many guns and blades might fail to penetrate his body correctly.

He was able to survive a shotgun blast, but if hit multiple times, he will die. As well, Composite Human could set many gun traps or distractions in buildings, because that's likely where he's going to want to be.

Invader doesn't mean he bull rushes into the middle of the streets.

Sure, and how would he go about setting these traps and luring Arthur into them? It's not an easy job to fight defensively while attacking.

You are implying that his only strategy is to full-on attack and not just play defensively. If given prep time, he'll certainly bring plenty of powerful guns, and use superior stealth/gunmanship to blast him down.

This battle comes down to a strong, durable man who can temporarily slow down time, vs a weaker man with an absolutely tremendous experience and skill advantage, alongside prep time and incredibly better senses and intelligence.

I'll give this to Composite Human, mid-diff.

CH: The character who still needs like 4 threads added!

CH FRA.

But I need to say one thing: Arthur can take multiple shotgun wounds to the body before dying, as he was still capable of engaging in combat with that injury to his shoulder, and said shotgun is effortlessly 9-B for being able to blow up both human and animal heads. Real-life shotguns can't do that, as this link shows.

It feels like Arthur is being heavily underestimated

Firstly, no weapons from after RDR2 can be used, meaning Arthur will have estensive knowledge on the weapons used as well.

In the game, he's shown multiple times to be aware of traps and obvious distractions, baiting him, especially if we use him around chapter 3 won't be easy, that, and he is great at forming plans on the spot, planting his own traps and thinking ahead. And I'm pretty sure he would be cautious if his opponent is someone as calculated as CH. He's not an idiot that would be baited into things.

IMO the battle goes like this: CH does traps and shit, Arthur feels something is wrong, he takes his time and as soon as he starts getting shot at, he uses dead eye (Which can pinpoint vitals and weak spots and lock onto them, for a perfect shot) and win.

6/10 in favor of Arthur for me. At worst it's inconclusive, as it would depend on what Chapter Arthur is in.

If it's late into the game he won't be as calculated as he usually is, because he has conflicted emotions, earlier into the game and he should take the W

Zenkaibattery1 said:
It feels like Arthur is being heavily underestimated
Firstly, no weapons from after RDR2 can be used, meaning Arthur will have estensive knowledge on the weapons used as well.

In the game, he's shown multiple times to be aware of traps and obvious distractions, baiting him, especially if we use him around chapter 3 won't be easy, that, and he is great at forming plans on the spot, planting his own traps and thinking ahead. And I'm pretty sure he would be cautious if his opponent is someone as calculated as CH. He's not an idiot that would be baited into things.

IMO the battle goes like this: CH does traps and shit, Arthur feels something is wrong, he takes his time and as soon as he starts getting shot at, he uses dead eye (Which can pinpoint vitals and weak spots and lock onto them, for a perfect shot) and win.

6/10 in favor of Arthur for me. At worst it's inconclusive, as it would depend on what Chapter Arthur is in.

If it's late into the game he won't be as calculated as he usually is, because he has conflicted emotions, earlier into the game and he should take the W
Were those traps made by the greatest trapmaker in the history of humankind?

Are his plans better than the greatest planner in the history of humankind?

Does he know who CH is and who his capabilities are?

Would CH even let Arthur get a clean shot?

Hint: All four of these have the same answer.

All of your arguments are subjective with no objective standpoint. There can't truly be a "Greatest (blank)" in all of mankind, that's just opinion based. What does being the greatest at something even mean? Dutch considered Arthur the greatest gunslinger/outlaw, but that's just his opinion.

Giving CH knowledge on Arthur is a bit unfair, and while Arthur doesn't have the same knowledge given, why would he need it? He has gone into a multitude of situations, that included things he did not know, yet he kept his cool and won in the end.

As for "Would CH even let Arthur get a clean shot".... let me ask you, will Arthur let CH get a clean shot? As for Arthur, yes he would. In the game, whenever something unexpected did happen, that he did not plan for, he instantly went into dead eye. In Dead Eye, he can do precison hits on vitals on any human or animal. If it ever comes down to something unexpected, he will always have a get out of jail free card, I guess you could say.

Furthermore, are y'all seriously forgetting Arthur's Enchanced sense? He can gain knowledge on his surrondings and find the most obsecure things, ranging from tracks, traps, weapons, etc. Even if CH spends a day planting traps, Arthur's ehanced sense will track down whatever is planted.

Fam, you didn't even respond to any of my points, just asked questions that have no meaning. That's not a refute.

Looking at it again, Arthur slaps. His echanced sense and Dead Eye literally makes this a no contest easy win for him

Funny enough, chlorine gas was being used as a weapon around now. So I can make more stupid "CH via chemical weaponry" votes ovo

@insecurity

The match hasn't been added yet, so you probably still can XD

I still vote for Arthur for the reasons I said above

He was travelling long distances, gunslinging, slapping and scolding Marston, going into jungles, robbing and going in very bad enviroments while with TB and having one foot in the grave. Best video game character imo

Arthur: 2

CH: 6

Yeah, Arthur was a nice step-up from the GTA 5 protagonists. I couldn't stand any of them except for Franklin because he's, well... Franklin. And sweet Jesus am I just glad RDR2 went down the route of only having one protagonist. GTA4 and RDR2 are good examples that quality over quantity always works

On-topic though, is there anything that's gonna stop Arthur from immediately using Dead Eye? It's like a lolnope to whatever CH has to throw at him

Nope. He can use it whenever he wishes, but it does only last 20 seconds at max. But that's more than enough time to get a precision shot to a vital

Wokistan said:
Funny enough, chlorine gas was being used as a weapon around now. So I can make more stupid "CH via chemical weaponry" votes ovo
First of all, sadly, those weren't available at this time.

Second of all, there can truly be a "greatest trapmaker of all of mankind" since that is quite literally what CH is. The greatest trap maker that humankind could ascend to. Ever.

As well, CH has enhanced senses, arguably better enhanced senses, actually.

So what does this come down to? Dead Eye vs Prep on CH. Composite Human would avoid directly fighting Arthur based on just the slightest knowledge of his ability, but also has more ammo, more weapons, more traps, and monumental better skill all around.

Composite Human, mid-diff. All arguments for Arthur ignore that Composite Human does literally everything he does but better except for stats and Dead Eye. And Dead Eye will not be enough to compensate for Composite Human's overwhelming range, intellect, and skill advantage.

>Better enhanced senses

>Arthur literally pinpoints weakspots on the fly

Ummmmmmm...

Either way, I'm still sticking with CH via prep and better stealth.

Arthur only really pinpoints weakspots with Dead Eye. When it comes to actual sight, hearing, etc, Composite Human wins. CH practically has echolocation. Arthur can't compete with that. Dead Eye is the only extremely relevant advantage Arthur has, which is hurt by the fact that CH won't be fighting Arthur in a head-on battle, as opposed to sniping from afar or killing with traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back