• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Odin scaling to Captain Marvel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vasco

If you want to help organise a downgrade for most of our current tier 3-C and 2-C Marvel Comics characters, feel free to talk with me in private. I invited you to a private discussion thread where we can talk about it earlier.

I know, but the problem is that most of our pages for herald-level Marvel Comics characters are currently completely messed up in terms of very exaggerated statistics and incoherent scaling in-between them, and Carol was apparently forgotten when that very regrettable upgrade was applied.
I dont know exacly when that upgrade happened but Carol's case is pretty recent most of her feats that i used today are from the current new big event of Avengers vs mephisto that started not very long ago, there are also feats from a bit older times. And we know that Carol is not really a character that people read much after what happened in civil war 2. I think after this thread that i showed Starbrand being a clear 3-C this should help when making the new changes for the heralds as Starbrand is considered a threat to be killed by them.

Okay. The issue is that if we follow the established pattern of how we have treated other characters, Carol should probably scale to what we established above, but I think that scaling pattern was far too inconsistent with the power levels that most of these characters have actually displayed in practice, much less consistently.

However, that is a later problem to be dealt with for our Marvel Comics pages as a whole.

Okay. The issue is that if we follow the established pattern of how we have treated other characters, Carol should probably scale to what we established above, but I think that scaling pattern was far too inconsistent with the power levels that most of these characters have actually displayed in practice, much less consistently.

However, that is a later problem to be dealt with for our Marvel Comics pages as a whole.
So should we discuss applying the changes?

Yes, but an experienced member preferably needs to apply this change to Carol's page.

We do need to discuss which feats that Carol's two tiers (4-C and 3-C) should be based on though.

Yes, but an experienced member preferably needs to apply this change to Carol's page.

We do need to discuss which feats that Carol's two tiers (4-C and 3-C) should be based on though.
Maybe this
  • She said that her photon blasts could melt a hole in a star.
  • There's also her scaling to Sindr who (ignoring scaling to War Thor and JF Thor) has her statement that she burned stars from the sky.
Or maybe this althought its old

And her 3-C based on her scaling with Starbrand that seems the most reliable since he has more feats and not depend on Thor or the heralds.

Please choose someone that already commented here like Dalesean027 if he can, I really dont want to have this in the same situation as Scarlet witch thread that is been a week waiting for someone to apply the changes that already got accepted

A hole in a star is usually not anywhere near tier 4-C though. Detonating it on the other hand...

I am not so sure about the first part of your statement. Is somebody here willing to investigate our Attack Potency page please?

In any case, creating a small hole right through a star should not be anywhere close to star level.

I am not so sure about the first part of your statement. Is somebody here willing to investigate our Attack Potency page please?

In any case, creating a small hole right through a star should not be anywhere close to star level.
She is not just creating she says melting an hole through a star that means somehow create enough energy to melt something at 15M degrees celcius

Well, that does not make any sense, since the star is already in a beyond molten plasma state, so since Carol or the writer did not know what they were talking about, it seems unquantifiable.

Well, that does not make any sense, since the star is already in a beyond molten plasma state, so since Carol or the writer did not know what they were talking about, it seems unquantifiable.
We know fiction is not that really up to the scales but she still can use the scale with sindr and her older feat that she apparently generates the energy of a star

Probably, yes. Can you link to them again, please?

Hmm, those do not seem like reliable feats to scale from at all.

Maybe "At least 5-B, possibly 3-C" would be better?

Hmm, those do not seem like reliable feats to scale from at all.

Maybe "At least 5-B, possibly 3-C" would be better?
She was stated to have used the energy of a star in the old one and in the same issue she was even stated to have become a living star

Okay, but the main problem is that a star nowhere near generates a 4-C scale of power in its regular output, so we need some actual explicit feats to scale from instead.

Okay, but the main problem is that a star nowhere near generates a 4-C scale of power in its regular output, so we need some actual explicit feats to scale from instead.
image.png

Those creatures can only complete their soul union if fuse with the heart of a star
image.png

So she wasnt just releasing the normal amount of energy of a star but actually basically become one herself

Okay. I think that "At least 4-C, possibly 3-C" seems like the least bad option for the moment then.

Okay. I think that "At least 4-C, possibly 3-C" seems like the least bad option for the moment then.
Is there anything else that should be discussed? I think the varies tier should also be used here since here level of energy change her power level as sugested by Marvel future fight gamer

So "At least 4-C, possibly 3-C, higher by absorbing enough energy" then?

"At least 4-C, possibly 3-C. Varies depending on how much energy she has absorbed" seems like the least confusing way to word it in that case.

"At least 4-C, possibly 3-C. Varies depending on how much energy she has absorbed" seems like the least confusing way to word it in that case.
I think this will make sure there are no more weird scalings and it will make it harder for anyone to scale to her level since you will need to prove she was full of energy otherwise cannot scale her higher tiers.

For Carol it helps, yes. The problem is that lots of other herald-level characters have very unreliable statistics currently.

For Carol it helps, yes. The problem is that lots of other herald-level characters have very unreliable statistics currently.
One problem at a time.
We still need someone to apply the changes like i said before, waiting a week for someone that might not come its hardly something any of us want

Btw i would like to add this to her stamina in her profile there is nothing and this scan says that they fought the masters of evil for 9 days non stop that should apply to Captain Marvel as she was there from the start and as far as we know she didnt left.

Probably because you are wrong.
Tone down the hostility mate before i take it to RVR.
Support feat lower feats help scaling the character more consistently because if they are able to destroy planets make sense that they might be able to destroy solar system instead of being stuck with planet level forever.
Starbrand is already 3-C, that particular story would only make Starbrand 5-B.
I showed multiple times she faced galaxy level threads to show that its consistent that she can hurt and keep up in equal footing with characters that are galaxy level.
Not just heralds but to Starbrand, how consistent is she to scale to Starbrand?

And those scans don't show what's required to be added to her profile especially scaling comic book characters.
She didnt just hurt him as she made him be thrown through 2 mountains
Doesn't really change anything if no damage was done to the character.
@Vasco the while point is you're completely missing the point of the posssibly rating when it comes to the 3-C proposal

While there isn't enough for a definitive rating there's for sure enough here to raise the case for possibly as even if the evidence not conclusive and absolute there is for sure enough to set a precedent as there are plenty of these that would be higher or have implications of being higher.

I think without a doubt 4-C possibly 3-C is the best option and even trying to argue against the possibly is counterproductive due to the whole point of what possibly means
If this gets accepted, i'm inclined to believe such methods would be used in the future again to push characters tiers up and using "possibly" as a excuse.

I personally agreed with this but these scans just don't cut it.

I know, but the problem is that most of our pages for herald-level Marvel Comics characters are currently completely messed up in terms of very exaggerated statistics and incoherent scaling in-between them, and Carol was apparently forgotten when that very regrettable upgrade was applied.
If she's believed to be forgotten no problem then, but I doubt that since other characters who hardly even come to mind are mentioned unlike her.
Maybe this
  • She said that her photon blasts could melt a hole in a star.
  • There's also her scaling to Sindr who (ignoring scaling to War Thor and JF Thor) has her statement that she burned stars from the sky.

And her 3-C based on her scaling with Starbrand that seems the most reliable since he has more feats and not depend on Thor or the heralds.
@Antvasima Shouldn't we ask other staff members what tier is melting a hole in a star, shouldn't something like this needs a calc?
There's also her scaling to Sindr who (ignoring scaling to War Thor and JF Thor) has her statement that she burned stars from the sky.
Can you link the scans of the scaling?
This seems fine.
I still disagree on this, the scans of her scaling a very vague.

What do you think that we should do here, Vasco? Isn't it better to go along with this revision for the moment for the sake of consistency, and revise all herald-level Marvel Comics characters en masse later on?

image.png

Those creatures can only complete their soul union if fuse with the heart of a star
image.png

So she wasnt just releasing the normal amount of energy of a star but actually basically become one herself
Can you post citations?
Varies up to 4-C, possibly 3-C.
This wording seems better.

@Antvasima Shouldn't we ask other staff members what tier is melting a hole in a star, shouldn't something like this needs a calc?
Melting means heating something up to go from a solid to liquid state, whereas a star consists of plasma as far as I recall, and as such logically cannot be melted, so I do not think that this is possible to calculate.

What do you think that we should do here, Vasco? Isn't it better to go along with this revision for the moment for the sake of consistency, and revise all herald-level Marvel Comics characters en masse later on?
It's fine to move along with it for now, just in the future i hope when the revisions are finally done we won't scale her to Starbrand since nothing here looks convincing she's consistent enough to scale to Starbrand.

Can you link the scans of the scaling?
Captain Marvel fought and took hits from Sindr, who:
Can you post citations?
What citation? The source? Uncanny X Men 1963 166#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back