• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Unlocking Thread (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we still need to achieve this in a practical manner. See my previous posts for instructions in that respect.

Are there any volunteers?

I'll volunteer, but I'm not sure about which pages would actually need locked still.

Thank you.

Popular and controversial pages, but that can be subjective to determine, so it is best to have several staff members collaborating with this.

My thoughts exactly. I'm happy to put in the manpower, for what it is worth.

That is appreciated. Thank you for the help.

You can ask the other active staff members (not the consultants) if they are willing and able to help out with this as well, if you wish:

VS Battles Staff

Remember what we did for type 4 immortality, where we made staff teams to go through everything?

It seems like we could do that here, then post the ones that we consider needing to stay locked somewhere so we can decide on that.

I would appreciate help with organising this.

The pages I think should stay locked

Annoying Dog

Asriel Dreemurr

Chara

Flowey

Frisk

Human SOULs

The Anomaly (Undertale)

Underground (Undertale)

Albedo

Alien X

Atomic-X

Ben 10,000 (Alternate Timeline)

Ben 10,000 (Main Timeline)

Celestialsapiens

Galactic Gladiator

Omnitrix

Starbeard

Bowser

Dimentio

Mario

Arceus

Dialga

Giratina

Palkia

The Undertale ratings as mentioned before are highly controversial

Alien X and by extension the celestiasapiens have a bit of a history of being heavily exaggerated in vs communities (at least by my experience),

Bowser and Mario probably don't need explaining. Dimentio I am not sure if he should be locked so you can ignore him if locking him isn't necessary.

Pokemon gods just like Dimentio, I am not exactly sure if they should be locked even though I have a hunch they might need to be.

Ant I'm at school rn but later on I may be able to try and organize this a bit, if nobody else has.

It's more we need context as a group of what pages would need to stay locked. I agree High 2-As should probably remain locked since they're still higher-than-four-dimensional.

Yeah, all the ones Andy mentioned should stay locked, but of course, all Dragon Ball profiles for obvious reasons should remain locked, as would the Marvel and DC ones. Sonic profiles also tend to be controversial, so the Tier 2 Sonic profiles such as Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Solaris, Time Eater, Egg Wizard, ect should also remain locked. I'd also prefer Xenoblade profiles to remain locked given the JRPG downplayers tend to get really bad.

I don't think a profile needs to be locked just because people have wanked or downplayed in the past though. Talking about the ben 10 ones, xenoblade and Dimentio mainly from what's been stated.

We still need volunteers for this little project. I would appreciate if somebody could ask all of the staff members that have not been contacted already.

@Wokistan Well, I proposed Alien x and Dimentio because they are very popular as characters on top of having a record of being exaggerated.

It's why I refrained from putting Haruhu Suzumiya in the list.

"@**** Well, I proposed Alien x and Dimentio because they are very popular as characters on top of having a record of being exaggerated."

"@****"

@Wokistan Dimentio is actually both wanked and downplayed often to be fair. It isn't just the whole game mechanics, but many people also try to upgrade him to 2-A despite countless =/= infinite. And furthermore is some people upgrading him to 1-B based on a "I teleported you to the 12th dimension" statement. There are numerous memes about him being 1-A also.

@SomebodyData, Andy meant those two should remain locked for those reasons. And I think he meant to say Wokistan.

Wow

Bambu and I ------------------> joke/Andy calling Wok a ****

Ur heads

@OP Yeah, I can see us perma unlocking uncontreversal tier 2 pages, sounds like a good idea.

Anyway, to return to the actual topic, try as I might, I cannot do everything myself. I need help from the rest of the staff with this.

I think those that aren't primary characters are probably safe. By that I mean keeping pages like Nanashi (and vicariously Dagda) and stuff locked, whereas others are probably safe.

We still need volunteers for this project.

If I might interject, I think it would be better to start another thread asking for volunteers where regular, trusted users can comment as well.

Also, this thread has already more-or-less served it's purpose, and the staff's response was practically unanimous.

Okay. I would very much appreciate if you start another staff thread, and invite all of the staff members to take part.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I would very much appreciate if you start another staff thread, and invite all of the staff members to take part.
Will the thread be staff only? And is the project staff only as well?

Well, I would prefer if the staff can handle it, but if that does not work out, experienced regular members can help out as well.

If you want people to simply lock them whilst they are locked and cant do it with just staff, i could totally just keep a bunch open in a tab and then lock them once activated. Although i would need to know how to lock them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back