• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 1-B removal?

Just a few, I think, but some members would need to try to find these profiles.

Antvasima said:
Hello.

Tier Low 1-B does not seem to serve any purpose in this wiki, and I think that we have talked about removing it before. Do you think that we should do so?

Note: Staff Only
Are you saying "Low 1-B" should disappear as a concept (in other words, from High 1-C you jump straight to 1-B) or that the concept of the current Low 1-B should be changed.

Also, lol at "staff only".

I mean that Low 1-B seems unnecessary given the sheer size of the 1-B tier, and the flimsy rational in the Tiering System page.

Maybe we should make it into just plain 1-B instead?

I mean Low 1-B has segnificants because once you pass 12D you start to get into the characters that only exist in a cosmology with no relation to theories about our own

I know too little about how the M-Theory works (I can only think about the first four dimensions: position, length, depth, time); everything past that point is completely unknown territory to me), but even then, if you're beyond the 11th dimension (how does that work exactly?), then chances are you're past one of the theoretical limits of how cosmology works.

@Flash I think the point is that you can reach Low 1-B by only establishing an M-theory based cosmology.

You just need one character to transcend this scale completely.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I think Ant knows, since he is the one who posted it before
I only vaguely recalled that we had talked about it at some point actually. I handle a massive amount of tasks here.

I would actually agree with changing Low 1-B to be some dimensional range that includes what is considered to be believable by our real world scientific theories into our own cosmology. What that range would be would be up to the staff, of course, but I think it would actually make the key more useful and interesting

That might be an idea, but we need more staff input first.

I mean, isn't the whole point of having Low and High ends for tiers to be more specific and accurate, rather than just having a general and broad category? Cause if we up all the Low 1-B's to 1-B won't that make them seem more powerful than they really are? It just seems a little...unnecessary. Plus I don't think the amount of characters in a tier should justify that tiers existence. If we for example, discovered that the calcs for Mountain level characters were wrong for some reason and they were much higher, would we then remove the 7-A category since there wouldn't be as many characters in it anymore?

Well, this isn't about the amount of characters in the tier. I just thought that 12-Dimensional doesn't really signify anything in particular.

It does justify the tier's existence. Some characters have such particular descriptions of their power that they're apart from everyone in their tier, or are best described as being between tiers, but since there's so few characters it doesn't justify a new tier being made there.

I don't think it makes them seem more powerful in the long run. Until people get used to the change I guess it will, but that doesn't seem like a large enough thing to me.

True, but this wiki does have tiers with very few characters. As was brought up in the last thread, 11-C only has one character, and 11-B only has 2.

CinnabarManx421 said:
True, but this wiki does have tiers with very few characters. As was brought up in the last thread, 11-C only has one character, and 11-B only has 2.
Yeah but they don't have any other tiers suitable enough to put them in.

That's not the case with low 1-B characters.

CinnabarManx421 said:
11-C has two characters now (with SCP-2747), and may have more coming.

The distinguishing factor for those is that they're important to have a bottom-end to the system. Low 1-B takes a few dimensions out of 1-B that need to be justified in being separate from it, and right now the justification for the distinction seems weak.

I'd wager we should keep Low 1-B but change its definition to 12-26D. It overall helps in maintaining consistency in the Tiering System, and also fits with what Low 1-B is currently defined as (Beings who vastly exceed 11-dimensional scale but are still somewhat related to it), it surely is better than making it reserved to extremely specific characters that are very few in number and could easily be put under 1-B.

Ultima Reality said:
I'd wager we should keep Low 1-B but change its definition to 12-26D. It overall helps in maintaining consistency in the Tiering System, and also fits with what Low 1-B is currently defined as (Beings who vastly exceed 11-dimensional scale but are still somewhat related to it), it surely is better than making it reserved to extremely specific characters that are very few in number and could easily be put under 1-B.
Which theory supports 26D reality?

Mainly Bosonic String Theory. Though Dimensions in it are planck-length and curled up in quantum size and not at all like this Wiki uses them, it is good to have an approximate value to define the Highest and Lowest borders of Low 1-B.

While Low 1-B being 12D to 26D would be fine on paper, I'd rather NOT confuse people even more by basing our tiering system on a scientific theory that we don't even use for our tiers.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
While Low 1-B being 12D to 26D would be fine on paper, I'd rather NOT confuse people even more by basing our tiering system on a scientific theory that we don't even use for our tiers.
I kinda agree with this.

Back