• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiny Power Additions to CD-i Mario

Hi folks. This thread's nothing biggie, just two/three small power additions to CD-i Mario's profile.

Flight -- Whenever Mario beats a level, he flies up into the air and off-scree.

Additionally, whenever Mario beats a level, all enemies on-screen die immediately. I'm guessing this could be Death Manipulation, but that sounds like a stretch to me. (Probably game mechanics)

Power Nullification -- Midway through the game, Mario comes across and uses Bowser's Ghost Cologne, a parfum/cologne that "keeps magic spells away". As soon as Mario uses this, the doors in the level stop vanishing, so it really does work.

Tl;dr probably Flight and Power Nullification, and very possibly Death Manipulation (but very unlikely). Thoughts?

Agree with everything but the Death Manipulation. Thats probably just Game Mechanics of enemies dying when a level is beaten. Same way of enemies being killed when Mario grabs the flag in 3D World.

Power nullification is a more generalised ability, and if Mario never uses flight in the game itself, we should probably discount it as a "rule of cool" visual effect.

I can't say I agree with Flight personally. It looks more like he's just being warped out visually for the sake of progression in the game.

Power Nullification on magical abilities seems fine.

Death Manipulation is a no, it's pretty much just despawning them rather than it being something Mario does himself.

Back