• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

to be the soul king, is it necessary to be mutilated?

for example, if ichigo had become the soul king, would it be necessary for him to be completely mutilated? As far as I know, the original soul king was only sealed and maimed, because they feared its power, and as far as I know no one feared the power of ichigo.

for example, if ichigo had become the soul king, would it be necessary for him to be completely mutilated? As far as I know, the original soul king was only sealed and maimed, because they feared its power, and as far as I know no one feared the power of ichigo.
We dont exactly know, but I imagine as long as the person is sealed on the cristal it does not matter if they are whole or not

No, they mutilated the Soul King because they were afraid of his power and him resisting, even though he didn't resist.

Though it's possible that the "ritual" includes mutilating the "Soul King" even if it isn't actually necessary, just because the five ancestors did it originally.

Copy paste of my awnser on reddit :

"No , it is absolutly not required . Yhwach became the SK for a short while and could move around no problem.

But as whoever become the Soul King hold the entire verse in his hands ( he could modify and destroy it very easily), the shinigami want complete control over him. This came to mutilating the SK and sealing what remain.

As the novels say " They wanted a King convient for themselves." "

Back