• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] Additions for Mina Mathers

Proposal: Mina Mathers should have the following listed in her P&A: Cat Manipulation.
Yes, it's very important she has this ability.

Reasoning: She can control cats. Could cats be added as optional equipment or would a location that inhabits cats have to be chosen in vsthreads?
A great many black cats swarmed around the mourning clothes woman’s feet like her
shadow. And as she brought that ominousness with her, Mrs. Mathers whispered to him.

“Well, I was known as the Black Cat Witch.”

“That’s a pretty straightforward interpretation.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 1
She had the calico cat with her.

While in Index’s arms, it threw cat punches toward Mina who the others could not see.

“Oh? It would seem I am no match for wild instincts.”

“...? Does that mean it isn’t that only I can see you? Are you actually preventing the others
from seeing you?”

“I am the Black Cat Witch. I seem to bring them under my control whether I intend to or
not.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume Chapter 3 Part 12
“Wait! Please wait! Anything but more scratches!! I’ll do anything, so please work with
me, mistress! We know each other well enough for that, don’t we!? All those cat scratches
on my back were no laughing matter! And what kind of black cat is the size of a tiger!?
Was that really a cat or was it some other member of the cat family!?”

“???”

As question marks filled Hamazura’s mind, Niang-Niang explained while rolling around
in laughter.

“Dion Fortune originally joined the cabal under the courteous protection of Mina Mathers,
but due to some turf wars within the cabal, she fell victim to a harsh magical attack from
Mina. Her house was surrounded by black cats, her back was sliced open by the carnivores’
claws, and she even saw phantom black cats the size of tigers.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 7

Proposal: Mina Mathers should have Enhanced Senses (Mina has cat-like hearing).

Reasoning: She has the enhanced senses of a cat. Whoulda guessed.
And while she held the baby, the cat ears on her head twitched. With dogs, it would be
the nose, but with cats, it was the ears. The two ears could move independently and they
could accurately pick up sounds like a directional shotgun microphone. They were
sensitive enough to tell if the footsteps outside the door belonged to their owner or not.

Yes.

Mina Mathers was focused on something outside the RV.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20 Epilogue
As Mina Mathers’s cat-like ears suggested, she was sensitive to noises and voices.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 4
In the RV parked by an oasis in distant Egypt, the baby sleeping in the crib gently opened
her eyes.

She should not have been able to speak.

But Mina Mathers’s sensitive cat-like ears picked up on a definite physical voice spoken
through the toy trumpet.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Epilogue
Shouldn't Kihara Noukan have the enhanced senses of a dog?
Proposal: Mina should have the following added to her Reading Thoth 78 Key: Limited Perception Manipulation (Can choose who can see and hear her, though animal instincts can still detect her).

Reasoning: While connected to the parallel processing device, Mina can choose to let only certain people(in this case, Touma) see and hear her. It's not just Selective Invisibility, but I would say she qualifies for that too if it weren't redundant.
“Hm? Hmm? Hey, Kamijou, who are you talking to?”

“Eh?”

“It looked like you were yelling into empty space, but do you have a phone headset on or
something?”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 5
No one could remain this confused while right next to someone who was basically
committing public suicide by shame, so as Kamijou had suspected, Maika could not see
Mina.

“People gather information on the outside world using their retinas and eardrums, but
the accuracy is not always identical. For instance, myopia refers to a condition in which
the eyeball itself extends elliptically towards the back. Since the red you see is not the
same as the red Tsuchimikado Maika sees, it is not difficult at all to select an individual I
wish to be seen by and display my form to them alone.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 5
She had the calico cat with her.

While in Index’s arms, it threw cat punches toward Mina who the others could not see.

“Oh? It would seem I am no match for wild instincts.”

“...? Does that mean it isn’t that only I can see you? Are you actually preventing the others
from seeing you?”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18 Chapter 3 Part 12
Proposal: Mina should have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2).

Reasoning: I provided my explanation in this comment. If she either qualifies for Type 1 instead or doesn't qualify for Inorganic Physiology at all, then include Immunity to Lifeforce Destruction.

Proposal: Mina should have Immunity to Lifeforce Destruction.
Reasoning: Mina doesn't have a lifeforce that can be destroyed by Coronzon.
The demon physically roared.

Against a normal person, that might have shaken their body and snuffed out the life force
circulating within like it was a candle’s flame, but unfortunately for Coronzon, Mina
Mathers had none of those gentle and uncertain elements
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Prologue

Last edited:
Back