• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

So, I decided to finally fully read the second arc of the Accelerator manga.

As a result I have to ask: Why do we pretend like Tobio Yumi physically tanked this? She is clearly shown to use an air shield for defense. (Chapter 46 for those who want full context)
So, assuming we don't use that feat anymore, where would that leave us stat wise?

Humoring the scenario that the Demiurge Yahweh created the Four Worlds, what tier would that make Him and Lucifer?
“Those four hidden letters form a holy square which cannot be uttered by human mouths.
The Y-H-V-H which indicate God himself are hopelessly inadequate and the puny human
body cannot fathom his true essence.”

If Michael who defeated Lucifer is comparable to Gabriel, would that make Satan Country level?

Humoring the scenario that the Demiurge Yahweh created the Four Worlds, what tier would that make Him and Lucifer?

If Michael who defeated Lucifer is comparable to Gabriel, would that make Satan Country level?
Probably still High 1-C but likely HIGHER

Imo opinion angels at full power are at least universal due to statements...and feats (I'm talking about the time Mathers summoned the four archangels that seems shook the world or something)

This is one of the descriptions of Mugino's MD in the new novel about ITEM:

Mugino Shizuri.

Level 5 Meltdowner.

One of the seven current Level 5s. By firing electrons in a state that is neither a particle nor a wave, her power creates a strong resistance that applies massive heat and friction to the target and forcibly burns through it. As a weapon, this power is classified as a high-speed particle-wave cannon. By its nature, this power is expected to have a wide-variety of research applications, including new weapons development, proof of zero-dimensional matter, and non-laser nuclear fusion reactors.

It alludes to the whole deal with the 0D plot in the PSP game, but just like in the game it doesn't say anything about the MDs being 0D itself (and the game at least said it was 1D, but that's not mentioned here).

Don't really know the PSP game. What's that about?

I figured 0D matter was just a reference to particle physics, in which 0D particles are one of the major models, with field and string theory being the others (though they aren't exclusive to each other). Kinda weird to have 11 dimensions (probably referencing string theory), but having 0D matter, which would contradict string theory where matter is 1D.

Don't really know the PSP game. What's that about?

I figured 0D matter was just a reference to particle physics, in which 0D particles are one of the major models, with field and string theory being the others (though they aren't exclusive to each other). Kinda weird to have 11 dimensions (probably referencing string theory), but having 0D matter, which would contradict string theory where matter is 1D.
Hmm, i think it was 1 or 2 pages ago, just ctrl F 0D or something like that and you'll find it.

But long story short, the PSP game (which is apparently canon due to being written by Kamachi alongside the plot for Endymion iirc) makes reference to Mugino's powers being 1D and Amata was going to use them to create a 0D power or something, this connection to 0D is now being brought back by the new novel (although i doubt it will go into more detail in this volume).

the PSP game (which is apparently canon due to being written by Kamachi alongside the plot for Endymion iirc)
You’re thinking of two seperate psp games

The one with the mugino story is toaru psp

The one with the Endymion storyline is Toaru Majutsu to Kagaku no Ensemble

Yo, I just saw that really long super CRT by Fanta in like Febuary..a lot of things for sure. Has any of it been picked back up? (Not gonna lie, that is a lot for my mind to take in)

Not that I know of. Until we know more about how their hype plays out, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to make profiles.

Is there anyone can explain how Aeon works and it's relationship with magic? Like, how can magic from Aeon of Osiris can't affecting Aeon of Horus?

From above, we know that Kuroko have resistance of three-dimensional precognition. Also it's stated that the result of future events calculated by that precognition always occured. It means it's absolute future. But Kuroko interfered that result, should she get limited Fate Manipulation?

From above, we know that Kuroko have resistance of three-dimensional precognition. Also it's stated that the result of future events calculated by that precognition always occured. It means it's absolute future. But Kuroko interfered that result, should she get limited Fate Manipulation?

NO. That has more to do with weakness of the precognition, not Kuroko's own abilities. The precognition works on 3-dimensional calculations but Kuroko's teleportation works on 11D, which makes it impossible for the 3D calcs to work.

Anyone knows where the Mach 20 burst movement for Mugino comes from? I checked in like every volume she appears in and I couldn't find anything.

If it comes from a calc, it should probably be linked.

Anyone knows where the Mach 20 burst movement for Mugino comes from? I checked in like every volume she appears in and I couldn't find anything.

If it comes from a calc, it should probably be linked.
Comes from being able to dodge the explosions of the bombs in her fight with Hamazura. TNT has a Mach 20 detonation velocity. It's ultimately something we took from the OBD, I think, though I don't think there's a calc yet.

Have started reading the Item SS on my train rides this weak. Not even close to finished but
I guess Kinuhata gets surface scaling.

Mitori also gets a big upgrade. Should that be a separate key or can we reasonably assume that she could do all that stuff in her current key as well and just didn't?

Have started reading the Item SS on my train rides this weak. Not even close to finished but
I guess Kinuhata gets surface scaling.

Mitori also gets a big upgrade. Should that be a separate key or can we reasonably assume that she could do all that stuff in her current key as well and just didn't?
Nice.

As for Mitori...
I think it is better to go with the latter instead of the former. Unlike Mitori with the cube, the Mitori in ITEM SS is the exact same as Mitori at the current point of the timeline 'sides ITEM SS Mitori being a year or so younger. We also have a decent enough of reason for Mitori not showing off her capabilities in ITEM SS in her Railgun appearance via the fact that Mitori's puppet and its liquidy nature, its echolocation, her surveillance equipment, and her sheer distance away from the fight had hard countered Kuroko badly, so she really didn't need to try too hard against her unlike her fight with ITEM and Kuroko only won cuz she ambushed Mitori while the latter thought the former was dead due to Uiharu's help and all of her Liquid Shadow was somewhere else due to her assumption of Kuroko being dead.)

Btw, the discussion about heat in the other thread reminded me of sharing with y'all that Mikoto's Liquid Proof Railgun has 6 digits Celsius heat, as it turned the air into plasma via sheer heat.

Crazy but well, it's a combo attack, sadly.

Tho, the rules now days allow for duo/team fights as long it's a canon duo/team, right? I guess we could have this added for use in the future.

Btw, the discussion about heat in the other thread reminded me of sharing with y'all that Mikoto's Liquid Proof Railgun has 6 digits Celsius heat, as it turned the air into plasma via sheer heat.

Crazy but well, it's a combo attack, sadly.

Tho, the rules now days allow for duo/team fights as long it's a canon duo/team, right? I guess we could have this added for use in the future.
Yep, Mikoto and Misaki can indeed fight together... Well, more like Mikoto fights and Misaki kinda supports her, but the idea is still the same. Granted, if one adds the Mental Out FiveOver Equipment Misaki used in GT2 and that enhancement suit she was wearing, Misaki might be a bit more useful... assuming an opponent doesn't have mind hax resistance.

Fanta are you planning on re-opening your super massive crt?
Later. For now, I am going to do minor CRTs to revamp the scaling a bit w/o using calcs and afterwards, I'mma going to do profile revamps, which will mainly fix profile issues like Thor having no LS, creating new justifcations for stats, and source everything I can - as of now, I am 30% done with Othinus Germlin, and after I am done with 'em, I will focus on Kakine and SCHOOL, which willl then be followed by Kanzaki and Amasuka, and then scavenger... so basically science side profiles then magic side profiles and then repeat until finished.

And before you ask... this is because I've re-read every single piece of ToAru media (that can be read) while I was gone in my spare time. And have docs filled with stuff I've noted as useful and intersting for my endeavors. Churronzon can confirm this. btw.

Yen Press OT Edition sure is looking sweet.
Would be really tempted to get it, if I didn't prefer JS06's translation so much.

Is there a reason to keep the justification on Aiwass's profile that MGs can't enter the Pure World? It's not explicitly stated that they can't, but I don't know if there's implicit reasoning or extrapolation that lets us conclude so.
I assume it's based off this quote as I and presumably others used to erroneously believe it was referring to the layer of scientific laws, and not a Buddhistic phase.
“You don’t know? The world is divided into different categories: human, animal, deva,
preta. But there is no path allowed for those like us who are known as Magic Gods. Yet we
did not rise to this position through the normal means, so the gates of the Pure Land or
of heaven will not open for us.”

Should Othinus' Dying from Fairy spell key have regeneration that she ends up losing or is the time she retains the ability too short for it to be practical?
She regenerated the dmg from her 10th arrow, but ended up losing the regen as of NT10.

Shouldn't Carissa's range state that it's both Interdimensional and up to 20 meters?

Accelerator has resistance to extreme temperatures on his profile, but isn't that just due to his vector field and he doesn't actually tank the heat? (I'm assuming it's referring to the feat in his spinoff manga.)

Does anyone know why this matchup is in Misaka's profile, but not Tsunayoshi's? Which profile would need to have it added/removed?

It's weird in general, but does Aleister have type 1 self-sustenance for fighting in the Hidden World?

Are Magic Gods really incapable of existing in the Hidden World while under Zombie's spell?

Does Misaka get faster as she progresses to Level 6? Regardless, why does her reaction speed get slower in Level 6 Shift form?

Last edited:
Is there a reason to keep the justification on Aiwass's profile that MGs can't enter the Pure World? It's not explicitly stated that they can't, but I don't know if there's implicit reasoning or extrapolation that lets us conclude so.
I assume it's based off this quote as I and presumably others used to erroneously believe it was referring to the layer of scientific laws, and not a Buddhistic phase.

Should Othinus' Dying from Fairy spell key have regeneration that she ends up losing or is the time she retains the ability too short for it to be practical?
She regenerated the dmg from her 10th arrow, but ended up losing the regen as of NT10.

Shouldn't Carissa's range state that it's both Interdimensional and up to 20 meters?

Accelerator has resistance to extreme temperatures on his profile, but isn't that just due to his vector field and he doesn't actually tank the heat? (I'm assuming it's referring to the feat in his spinoff manga.)

Does anyone know why this matchup is in Misaka's profile, but not Tsunayoshi's? Which profile would need to have it added/removed?

It's weird in general, but does Aleister have type 1 self-sustenance for fighting in the Hidden World?

Are Magic Gods really incapable of existing in the Hidden World while under Zombie's spell?

Does Misaka get faster as she progresses to Level 6? Regardless, why does her reaction speed get slower in Level 6 Shift form?
  1. I don't think there's any statement that says Magic Gods can't reach/enter the Pure World besides the obvious fact they can't fit in a certain world.
  2. Fairy Spell's advances are gradual so she would retain power for a time before it starts to really destroy her from the inside.
  3. Makes sense to me.
  4. We could elaborate it's due to vector control?
  5. It looks like matches were removed from Tsuna after a downgrade CRT and the Misaka match wasn't removed from her profile.
  6. :shurgs:
  7. They should still be able to live there.
  8. I don't think there's a statement on speed increase and Shiftsaka mainly fights stationary. Mikoto only has that reaction time with Iron Sand Net + Radar and Shiftsaka doesn't use power that way.

Could also be him casually standing in lava in OT14.

I don't think there's a statement on speed increase and Shiftsaka mainly fights stationary. Mikoto only has that reaction time with Iron Sand Net + Radar and Shiftsaka doesn't use power that way.
True, but I feel like her EM radar should scale regardless of whether it's in character of her to dodge.
Could also be him casually standing in lava in OT14.
That should just be due to vector field. We don't grant Accelerator resistance to Nephthys' tears or the heat/radiation from nukes for the same reason.

Last edited:
raTqK6I.png

Finally finished that Item novel.
City level Mugino for burning hole into nuclear shelter

“Takitsubo-san was really mad about that stunt you pulled. It’s just super hard to tell since her face is always blank. I know it was necessary, but you did electrocute yourself.”

“I am technically an electrical esper, you know? I have more of a resistance than your average person.”

“Your heart super stopped for two full minutes.”

“Item fights as a team. I knew someone would collect me after I died and my heart stopped.”
Would you take that as actual resistance or just as her using her ability to redirect electricity as defense? Considering how she still almost died from the shock...

Back