• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 - Characters downplayed by Death Battle

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
As topic

Of all characters entered into Screwattack's Death Battle, do you have a list of top 10 (or more) characters seriously downplayed by the Screwattack crew?

Say, how downplayed is Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy) at Death Battle compared to here? And what about other characters?

Posting here real quick.

Bayonetta, Nightmare, Tifa, Cloud, Pikachu, Bowser, Gaara, Sora, Pit, Sephiroth.

Gemmysaur is right. Let's go more academic and show to the world we are more scholastic than barbarian.

I am checking Shovel Knight here first.

Recorded in Scrooge McDuck VS Shovel Knight:
On it. Comparing his height to these doors, Shovel Knight appears to be about four feet, six inches tall, given his broad physique, he likely weighs approximately one hundred pounds at most. In the 14th century, a knight's plate armor for combat typically weighed about sixty pounds, scaling to Shovel Knight's height, his armor likely weighs fifty pounds. Including the five pound shovel, he must drop with a force of over 6,700 joules of kinetic energy, in comparison, Mike Tyson can punch with up to 1,600 joules, and has knocked out 44 people in the ring, and Shovel Knight's striking power is over four times stronger than that.
That scaled Shovel Knight (and Mike Tyson) 9-C or Street Level taking the values as correct. This is obviously not SK's strongest attack, and/but this justified why Screwattack thought Scrooge McDuck was stronger by scaling to this feat making the fowl a 9-A Small Building Level.

If we take the high end of what he calculates, Shovel Knight's AP is 23.5 ton TNT or 9.8324 x 10^10 J 8-B City Block Level --- that is 14,675,223.88 times higher than what Screwattack calculated. And that was from a Season 4 matchup.

Of course Scrooge could still win by lol hax. But just an example of how downplayed a charcter can be even SA took a more scientific approach.

I remember Kirby and Majin Buu being both criminally downplayed to 5-B/A or something.

That was a terror film, but even more the comments in the video.

Darkanine said:
Obligatory Twilight Sparkle post, ignoring her Relativistic feats and whatnot.
There's a lot of characters that I think they didn't downplay per say, but didn't mention their best feats at all. Scrooge McDuck has a few Tier 7/6 feats, Agumon has Tier 3 feats, and He-Man has several Tier 3/2 feats even in the older comics.
Speaking of Scrooge McDuck, he's actually a City Level stone wall with this feat. Need I make a CRT or my calculation or just straight out add it?

Tai and Agumon (as Wargreymon) were literally stated by Screwattack to "lead the Digi-Destined against Apocalymon, basically the physical embodiment of the recycle bin, and save both the digital and real worlds from being deleted forever". So they did not downplay Tai and Agumon there. Arguably they wanked Tai and Agumon Universal or even Low Multiversal.

SA was not just ignoring the light-dodging feat of Twilight Sparkle, they were debunking her feat as aim-dodgng or at least reacting from Rainbow Dash's dash instead of reacting to the sun light. Like I doubt if we are relativistic when we walk out of an office building for lunch every day and "perform a similar feat".

It was just a post about how I can't honestly see how people say Kratos is badass.

Also, ScrewAttack ranked Kratos as the most badass video game character of all time, so they clearly don't hate him.

It's mainly due to the fact that he killed gods and everyone thinks that killing gods make you the strongest fictional character ever

I would say Mario in Mario vs Sonic round 1, but the fact is this website didn't even exist at that point and when we first started I think both Mario and Sonic had a 7-B key.

Versus debating before this wiki was kind of weird, you know? A lot more house rules.

"Tai and Agumon (as Wargreymon) were literally stated by Screwattack to "lead the Digi-Destined against Apocalymon, basically the physical embodiment of the recycle bin, and save both the digital and real worlds from being deleted forever". So they did not downplay Tai and Agumon there. Arguably they wanked Tai and Agumon Universal or even Low Multiversal."

Issue here is that this can be interpreted many ways. Currently, we know this is an infinitely above baseline 2-A feat. But, that feat could have been considered 5-B - Low 2-C....one is downplay, the other is wank and Apocalymon should not be a factor as that is a brutal outlier.

Screw Attack: Even when they get it right they get it wrong. Unless it's Jariah vs Roshi. I think they actually got that one perfect.

Issue with Renamon vs Lucario is that while they claimed to be using a random Renamon, they clearly used feats from Rika's Renamon who has feats of taking down Country level beings making things pretty off. Random Renamon loses badly. Rika's Renamon stomps.

I like how the PSP adaptation of Adventure actually made the Apocalymon feat not an outlier, since a little while after it, Tai and WarGreymon also fought Gankoomon in a world beyond space and time.

Composite Taichi profile whe

The Smashor said:
Screw Attack: Even when they get it right they get it wrong. Unless it's Jariah vs Roshi. I think they actually got that one perfect.
They counted the moonfeat and used High 7-A for blowing up mount frypan based on the destruction of some other random mountain

Results were on point, but the path there? Hardly.

Back