• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top tier Fairy Tail scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia is continent sized while Uruguay is on the high end of Large Island going by our standards, so, if we had to choose between the two for a country busting calc, Uruguay would indeed be the best approximation.

I still don't get why we don't use Fiore, it's the 4th or 5th smallest out of 14 countries, either that or a Mid-end

Doesn't matter what rank it is in size. It's more than 2.5x the size of the smallest country.

Oh, and that it's not the smallest country.

Once again I ask, why would you use the smallest possible country, it's like saying we should use the largest, Fiore is a good average to use, but using the smallest is a super lowball

If anything why not use Ka-elem, that's the one that is said that if the blast was not limited the damages could be widespread

Widespread destruction for that size of a country would still be 6-B. And that was not a time where they said the entire country would be destroyed. They were worried about people's lives and property damage.

Whatever destroying the Country would be I'm fine with, but using the smallest should not be what we do, whatever country we use, should be an average

From my understanding due to Etherion never have on Panel actually destroyed a country, the possible destructive capability is yet unproven and unconfirmed - since not even inverse no one has ever witnessed it life to such an extent.

On the other hand the on-panel flashbacks of its first usage show the opposite side, which is an incomplete, still expanding blast of fire.

So going with the small countries such as Ilia or Minia should be fine. You could technically even make a case for Fiore, seeing it IS still a small country in comparison to the big players out there and only around 2.X times bigger than Minia for example.

-

Im fine with both ways, since they do not dramatically change tiers. Everything stays in the 6B tier. And we are kind of generous towards other verses in general regarding these things.

I agree with Cin on using the small countries. There's no reason to use the Large Country size, that would just be inflating the results. People are talking about mid ends, but normally isn't it that when we're not sure of result, we do the low end to be safe?

Also Irene and August had enough Magic Power, to surround the whole Country of Fiore, and alter/Destroy it, even tho it was by hax, they could still surround the country, and Etherion is way stronger than both of them combined, also Dragon Cry which can supposedly destroy all of Ishgar, is 10 times stronger than Etherion, I just feel that Fiore is a good scale for Etherion

Yeah I know ƒÿö

I just felt Like I needed to get my opinion out

Apologies for the inconveniences

I agree with Raven and Dodo tbh.

To be frank, I think the people above haven't put up good logic other then I agree with Cin.

And just based on the work from a monkey who barely does/doesn't do calcs?

Looks like Dodo did more for the verse.

Forgive my intrusion, but why can't we use Caelum as the basis for Etherion Calc?

Etherion was shown on screen targeted that country after all.

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding, but I'm switching back to basing calculations off of context/logic (What RavenSupreme said). Otherwise, I generally don't care what end gets chosen.

I am leaning toward agreeing with Matthew of using Fiore, so we keep a low estimation, but not the lowest possible, but I am not a calc group member.

Anyway, perhaps you should also decide which method that should preferably be used for such a calculation? Near total fatalities formula or something else?

Since this matter is not yet settled and right now the discussion is what country to use for a low end, i decided to give a perhaps better approach which satisfies everyone. It includes the lowest possible countries as well as regular small countries such as Fiore and Ka-Elum, to find an average size, without inflating it with the big countries.

Fiore: 4327

Ilia: 1824

Midia: 4014

Ka-Elum: 6881

= 17046

/4

= 4261

-> The average size i propose to use, disregarding any of the big countries

(using NTF is our general approach, seeing how obviously Etherions blast radius would kill everyone in its radious and destroy structures, so just put the values in the NC, do a little mubo jumbo and we are good to go)

That might be a good solution, yes.

((4261/0.28)^3)/1000 = 3.52 Petatons of TNT.

Halving it Gives us 1.76 Petatons Which is still Continent Level.

Hmm. That does seem exaggerated.

Country level stems from our real world take on countries. In this fictional setting the countries are simply a lot bigger, comparable to continents from our real world. Out of curiousity, Tata, can you quickly put the numbers in for just Ilia?

I thought you were supposed to put radius--not the diameter in for that equation (forgive me if i'm wrong). Result after dividing by 2 should be 440 Teratons, which is Large Country level, but I see not why we would use the countries that are 2.5~4x bigger than Ilia.

The only statement made on Caelum regarded "damaging lives and properties", not that it would obliterate that specific country let alone kill everyone there--therefore I am against using Caelum or Fiore to begin with.

@Raven - Ilia would be (((1824/2)/0.28)^3)/1000 = 34.555 Teratons Country level (Divided by 2 = 17.26 Teratons). I know, I'm not Tata Q_Q

TataHakai said:
((4261/0.28)^3)/1000 = 3.52 Petatons of TNT.
Halving it Gives us 1.76 Petatons Which is still Continent Level.
you have to divide the diameter by 2 to have the radius so:

• ((2130/0.28)^3)/2
  • 2,2E+11 Kiloton - Large Country level

My bad, we really should put these kind of things into the explosions page by the way, saves the confusion.

Ilia is 34 Teratons as Cin said.

I believe a compromise is the best way to solve this, if we're not going with the low end as always.

"At least Country level, likely Large Country level"

Thanks. So after having evaluated all these different approaches I have come to a - at least for me - final verdict, which I hope some of you may agree with.

1. We do not use the result from Etherion potentially simply destroying a country partially (the small chunk of land of the country seven) since this would be the using the lowest of the low ends by a mere blast radius perspective, which gets contradicted by all the canon information we know about Etherion. The Large Island level calc is therefore something I would not use.

2. We do not use a middle end from accumulating the countries, finding one average diameter for the blast radius and Etherion to cover, as it would result in outlierish and exagerated results not being in line with the remaining showings of the series (We have Final Attacks from Main Spriggan villains at EOS barely managing to destroy a boat for example). The Continent level calcs are therefore also something I would not use.

3. Instead we use the potential destruction of the small country of Ilia. While it may be the smallest country, the result of the calculation is not the lowest possible (which would be the calc from Seven) and ends in a result in line with the portrayal and is understandable to communicate in the verses overal power ruling. The (Large) Country level calc is therefore the one I would use and support. It combines the low end country wise with a solid result, without purposedly lowballing air blast radius to the lowest possible implication while at the same time not being affected by bigger countries diameter, inflating the result.

I hope I have made this as understandable as possible. Lol

I'm fine with using a variable tier such as that, as long as we specifically label them as their energy requirement.

"At least Country level, likely Large Country level (The Etherion has the capacity to destroy a country within Ishgard. The smallest requiring this amount of energy to destroy, while average sized countries such as Fiore require this much)"

Or we could make a blog with both ends and put the link there.

I am personally fine with Raven's suggestion, but it is not up to me to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back