• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Stats Tournament: SEMIFINALS PT2: The Knight (Hollow Knight) vs Apocalypse Bird

yeah same. im ready to rep Apoc Bird but i would like the other rep to give their arguments first (mainly because Apoc Bird is like....well very simple)

oh yeah gotta give HK knowledge of the eggs

He now has knowledge of the eggs

Looked over its page and

Seems it has an edge over PALE damage, which is kinda something that could make this interesting

Though BLACK damage is still on the table somewhat so idk

Last edited:
I'd say The Knight has the advantage here. Inorganic Physiology means that neither WHITE damage nor PALE damage would work, leaving only RED and BLACK damage to be usable, although the only effect for BLACK damage that might be usable here is Corrosion Inducement which might not even work since The Knight has resistance to Acid Manipulation. Apocalypse Bird's Possession would also be useless for the same reason, meaning The Knight is free to go after the eggs without being forced to engage it. Even though Apocalypse Bird can teleport, The Knight is experienced in fighting teleporting foes since it fought Soul Master/Tyrant and his subordinates.

I mean, Apoc Bird still isn’t totally helpless. It still has its physical attacks- and I think BLACK damage should still work. But even if it doesn’t, Apoc Bird is still going to hurt a lot. Not to mention it’s pretty massive….even if that’s a moot point

Not to mention, the Knight is going to be on watch the entire time- as soon as it goes for an egg, Apoc Bird is gonna be bearing down on it pretty fast.

Now I will admit Shade Cloak will most likely trivialize any form of fist attack used (or Punishing Birds attack for that matter), though I’m pretty sure the beam barrage would be able to get a few hits in

Arguments will be better when I wake up. I’m tired and on my phone. I’ll also update the bracket then too

(Edit: I don’t see a resistance to corrosion inducement on the acid Manip thing.)

I mean, Apoc Bird still isn’t totally helpless. It still has its physical attacks- and I think BLACK damage should still work. But even if it doesn’t, Apoc Bird is still going to hurt a lot. Not to mention it’s pretty massive….even if that’s a moot point

Not to mention, the Knight is going to be on watch the entire time- as soon as it goes for an egg, Apoc Bird is gonna be bearing down on it pretty fast.

Now I will admit Shade Cloak will most likely trivialize any form of fist attack used (or Punishing Birds attack for that matter), though I’m pretty sure the beam barrage would be able to get a few hits in

Arguments will be better when I wake up. I’m tired and on my phone. I’ll also update the bracket then too

(Edit: I don’t see a resistance to corrosion inducement on the acid Manip thing.)
Yeah, I figured that BLACK damage's Corrosion Inducement is similar Acid Manipulation so having resistance to the latter might help against the former, but if that isn't the case then feel free to ignore this point.

Last edited:
Yeah it doesnt look like The Knight would be able to survive BLACK damage. But i mean, it needs to be hit first for it to affect it, though, even with the Knight's options to avoid attacks- it is still contending with a giant arse mutated bird

Energy Projection and Punishing Bird's attack im sure would deal some massive damage

Yeah it doesnt look like The Knight would be able to survive BLACK damage. But i mean, it needs to be hit first for it to affect it, though, even with the Knight's options to avoid attacks- it is still contending with a giant arse mutated bird

Energy Projection and Punishing Bird's attack im sure would deal some massive damage
Most of The Knights enemies are bigger than it so the size difference isn't really an issue.

The Knight has plenty of experience dodging projectiles. Some notable example being: Markoth, Hive Knight, Oblobbles, and The
Radiance

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, looking at both profiles, i may actually have to concede this to the Knight. Blud resists most of what Apoc Bird does, and what Apoc Bird can do, the Knight seen before. Shade Cloak continues to be incredibly funny

Sure. it wont be a free win, The Knight still has three eggs to bust down, and the bird is going to be one hell of a relentless opponent (not to mention it wont be a free large soul bank for the Knight to use as well)

So uh i guess Mid-High Diff win for the Knight?

Hmmmmm, looking at both profiles, i may actually have to concede this to the Knight. Blud resists most of what Apoc Bird does, and what Apoc Bird can do, the Knight seen before. Shade Cloak continues to be incredibly funny

Sure. it wont be a free win, The Knight still has three eggs to bust down, and the bird is going to be one hell of a relentless opponent (not to mention it wont be a free large soul bank for the Knight to use as well)

So uh i guess Mid-High Diff win for the Knight?
Yeah, that sounds about right, so I think it's safe to say that The Knight takes this one.

Looks like I didn't even need to rep The Knight this time (I was busy when the thread went up and forgot to check it lmao)

Nah life has been killing me ngl. and the fact that Gestalt is the Knight's new opponent just makes it kinda obvious who would win

Nah life has been killing me ngl. and the fact that Gestalt is the Knight's new opponent just makes it kinda obvious who would win
It's fine if you want to skip the final round, but you should at least update the bracket to make it clear that The Knight already won this one.

Back