• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma_kuwabara

She/Her
Redoing this battle

Gaara in the chuunin Exams, 8-A Sand

Speed =

SBA

Toph:

Gaara: 1

My cabbages!:
camiseta-gaara-verde-naruto-shippuden.jpg
il_570xN.2696786719_h74h.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so Gaara's Sand > his own AP and Dura. He also has Sand Armor and Sand Shield's that scale higher than Toph's AP.

Toph is also a glass cannon apparently, Wall Level dura and only 8-B dura with Earth Shields.

Gaara also has a MASSIVE LS advantage (x168). So I'll vote for Gaara, dunno what she can do here.

Removing Sand from Gaara would be like removing Limitless techniques from Gojo
I don't know either characters, so I have no idea what you meant. However, it is allowed to restrict stuff from characters that makes them a higher tier, especially if they'd make the character stomp the opponent

I don't know either characters, so I have no idea what you meant. However, it is allowed to restrict stuff from characters that makes them a higher tier, especially if they'd make the character stomp the opponent
Uh basically, it's the only thing Gaara can attack with or attacks with, he just stands in place folds his arms and let's the sand attack, taking away the Sand is just unfair and if it need to be taken away for this match to happen then this is a Stomp in Gaara's favor

I was reading the last thread of this battle and Toph won via higher AP, being able to control his sand (which she can´t, because she is an earthbender, not a sandbender and despite learning a bit of sandbending, Gaara control is MUCH HIGHER and( I am not even talking about his sand having Chakra) and also having more range when both now has the same range

So, the match is clearly outdated and I guess this is now a stomp

I was reading the last thread of this battle and Toph won via higher AP, being able to control his sand (which she can´t, because she is an earthbender, not a sandbender and despite learning a bit of sandbending,
Toph actually mastered sandbending after the incident in the desert in Season 2. She can see in sand as well as she can in the Earth now and can also bend it with such skill that she could create a perfect mini-replica of a city with all of its buildings

Toph actually mastered sandbending after the incident in the desert in Season 2. She can see in sand as well as she can in the Earth now and can also bend it with such skill that she could create a perfect mini-replica of a city with all of its buildings
Fair but is less than a year of practice vs minimun 7 years of Gaara training his sand technique

And I am still watching the third season and I haven´t see that part yet, sorry 😭

I do think that Toph could control Gaara's sand for three reasons.
1. Avatar characters have feats of taking control of another bender's attacks before, like when master Pakku seized Katara's water or when Avatar Wan bent the other firebender's fire. It just doesn't happen that often in the show.
2. Amon's bloodbending was able to affect and block the chakra networks of his victim's. Korra's energybending was able to restore it.
3. According to some pages on tvtropes (I couldn't find where the original source is, sorry), Kishimoto meant to call chakra "chi" originally but called it chakra. By the time he realized his mistake, it was too late.

Last edited:
Back