• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Torch Mechanics

Torch
Torch: a portable means of illumination such as a piece of wood or cloth soaked in tallow or an oil lamp on a pole, sometimes carried ceremonially
BUT

IMO i don't think Minecraft torch would be the same as Torch in real life. Eventually people would say it's game mechanic (very common in fanfic tho).

MC-Torch was never lit up by Flint & Steel.

MC-Torch was never extinguish by Rain.

MC-Torch was never extinguish by Smother.

MC-Torch was officially unlimited source of light intentionally (has been stated by WoG because it would destroy the creativity of the game LOL )

MC-Torch was already lit up after "crafting".

MC-Torch have infinite energy same trait as Redstone (theoretical possible).

MC-Torch' fire was likely lukewarm fire.

MC-Torch likely the same as Redstone Torch (maybe) as shown Redstone dust can be craft to Stick (for Redstone can be dust or stone) and when IRL crafting Glowstone dust to Stick will likely similar Torch appearance.

It's interesting topic. So yeah.. Lukewarm fire confirmed?. I would like to hear your opinions.

Edit: Bonus: update-aquatic-1-14-all-information-we-have-so-far

turtles-are-coming-to-minecraft in Aquatic Update

Additional Info: "placing"/"breaking" blocks are irrelevant here because has nothing to do with Torch mechanics except just "placing"/"breaking" position of the torch.

Edit: If agree, then what MC-Torch' ability classified?

I think it's Lukewarm Fire Manipulation

Back