• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Marisa uses the spell card rules because Yorihime has her at gunpoint. That's not a matter of AP scaling, she literally would not be able to engage in a serious fight at that point without getting cut to pieces. That aside... everyone in Gensokyo fights using the SCR anyways, so it's literally just Marisa saying "this is how we fight back where I'm from". The fact that she also teaches the SCR to a number of moon rabbits as well shows that it definitely isn't a matter of AP scaling, unless we really wanna scale every moon rabbit to 2-C. Of course, you could also just look at Reimu's statement that Yorihime's victory has nothing to do with strength.

Sagume not being visibly wounded was literally just because ZUN didn't want to have her in the defeated pose for a long time. Again, nothing to do with powerscaling.
Of course you did it! Again! What's next? Refuting that Toyohime doesn't have the same ability as Yukari and that she shouldn't be superior to Yukari just because Yukari couldn't open a gap on the moon? (I swear I've heard shit like this and it genuinely pisses me off.)

Of course you did it! Again! What's next? Refuting that Toyohime doesn't have the same ability as Yukari and that she shouldn't be superior to Yukari just because Yukari couldn't open a gap on the moon? (I swear I've heard shit like this and it genuinely pisses me off.)
Okay well that one's just stupid because Yukari implicitly says that Eirin is the reason she can't travel to the moon directly. And even then, she can do it so long as she opens a gap in its reflection, so it's not even a hard limit on her abilities.

I mean, it's true that Marisa couldn't do anything against Yorihime. It's also pretty evident that no one in the party could beat her either in subsequent SCR duels-- so the need for SCR were pretty crucial else they would probably be executed.

Also It's not healthy to throw these kinds of smug, accusatory remarks at people. You're not going to get anything productive out of saying stuff like this in a discussion setting.

Last edited:
Back