• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Town and City level requirements?

so I know the issue with island and mountain was solved, but I wonder, what does it take for a attack to be recognized as city?

example Karakura Town in Bleach is recognized as a Town in their fictional universe, however it may be larger than someplace that is recognized as a city in another fictional universe.

I real life what distinguishes a city from a town is not entirely decided orther then a certain amount of people living there, however I found nothing on how many people is needed, so I wonder.

How big radius in KM/Miles or people density per square KM/Mile must an attack have to be city level?

If this is already decided, then I would greatly appriciate if someone would send me the explanation and apologize for bothering anyone about this issue.

I do not think that anybody ever calculated the precise borders for this, and for the moment I am uncertain if we have anybody available who is able and willing to do so, as DontTalk and Alakabamm have quit, and Lina Shields is missing.

It might be possible to do this with the nuke calculator, lemme take a crack at it and see what I come up with...

Okay. I have asked DontTalk as well, but he is not a staff member anymore, and may not be interested.

Ok, so this is a rough estimate that definitely needs to be checked over by someone with more experience dealing with this sort of thing than me, but using the Nukemap calculator I got:

Low-End Small Town level = 1 Kiloton = .25 km^2

High-End Small Town level/Low-End Town level = 5.8 Kilotons = .79 km^2

High-End Town level/Low-End Large Town level = 100 Kilotons = 5.15 km^2

High-End Large Town level/Low-End Small City level = 1 Megatons = 23.52 km^2

High-End Small City level/Low-End City level = 6.3 Megatons = 79.26 km^2

High-End City level = 100 Megatons = 491.43 km^2

These are the blast radii for each of the explosions. Someone definitely should check this for accuracy.

Okay. Thank you. I would appreciate if you inform the calc group members about this thread via their message walls. Perhaps they could help each other to write a blog post?

I made some estimates long time ago, let me see: using this calculator, anytime that the yield increase 10 times, radious (Air Blast) increase 2.16508 times; yield increase 5 times, radious increase 1.7591 times; and yield increase 2 times, radious increase 1.2571 times, with that info and using the calculator from above:

• Room level = 12 ― 46 m
  • Building level = 46 ― 91 m
  • Large Building = 91 ― 158 m
  • City Block = 158 m ― 341 m
  • MCB = 341 ― 739 m
What worry me is that the results doesn't fit with the Newmark & Hanse's equation, when both law are pretty similar.

Welp, with measuring the radious of the explosion we can determinate the yield. I can make a blog about that, in the previous calc (the above one) commited a mistake.

Thank you. Please inform me when you have finished.

I am fairly certain the values for City level were gained by finding out the amount needed to destroy an example city via Nukemap, although I'm not sure on what the example city was nor if I'm correct on that assumption.

That's what I was thinking of yeah. I don't know where OBD Wiki pulled their diameters from though.

given that they used numbers such as 1 km for town, 10 km for city and 100km for country level, I would assume they are just numbers that were approximately fitting and looked nice.

Yes. We will probably have to make better mathematical approximations at some point, but I do not think that the staff is ready for major wiki revision projects at the moment.

Well, personally I think we can just leave it like that. Citys and Towns don't have any clear minimum sizes so it isn't that bad to have them like that.

Okay. No readjustments of the tier borders are necessary then?

@Antoniofer Feel free to mention here when you have finished writing the blog post. Thank you.

The blog is finished as to the radious needed to be ceratain yield, I'm just adding reference overtime when I found something new.

Back