• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality and Existence Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does transduality automatically grant immunity to existence erasure, at least for characters in the same tier?

Well, it's as if baseline 1-A's are inter-connected products of a larger system, and where the transdual is interacted by only the unique self, that is itself. It is only this specific entity, who can "win" over itself, or "defeat" itself.

However, realize it is only metaphoric, because the transdual are far beyond the concept of relationships, (dualism/binaries/multi-valued logic/non-dualism) such as existence, and non-existence being related(in some way).

Because victory, defeat, are only "truth", or even "falsehood" by being together.

Now, in any case the only "opponent" to such entity, would be a more "powerful", who is usually high 1-A.

As I have mentioned previously, fiction is inconsistent and does not always portray transdual characters as 1-A, much less High 1-A.

I would appreciate if you permanently stop spreading definitions that are not recognised by this wiki.

As I understood it, ProspectX was just saying that if there was a transdual character who happened to be 1-A, the only way another character could defeat them with existence erasure is if the latter character was High 1-A, not that being transdual necessarily makes a character 1-A or High 1-A. It did not seem to me that ProspectX was neglecting our definitions.

Anyway, Antvasima, I appreciate your contribution in this thread. Do you know if transduality makes you immune to existence erasure other than from characters of a vastly superior tier?

That is not how I understood him, especially not based on his statements elsewhere.

Regardless, no problem. I think that transduality gives a character extreme levels of resistance to existence erasure, but that this is fiction, and as such it depends on the degree of the latter ability.

Well you may be right, but ProspectX should probably speak for himself here. I know misunderstandings are common here.

So by the degree of the ability, do you just mean tier, or are there other factors that could allow a character of the same tier to overcome transduality through existence erasure? Thanks.

In any case, I apologize if this thread has caused any trouble. That was certainly not my intention here.

No problem. I mean how advanced the existence erasure is, although a transdual character would probably transcend conventional existence and nonexistence, so the ability would have to be extremely advanced to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back