• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TTGL downgrade

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I'm pretty sure being able to physically move freely into a higher dimensional space would count as immeasurable speed
Higher dimensional space is not the same as multiple temporal dimensions. Being higher dimenionsal is not a justification in of itself.

Speed isn't a multi-dimensional concept, it's just distance over time. Immeasurable speed is defined as characters who perceive time as a spatial dimension than can roam around freely with.

1-B would be odd since the anti spiral was specifically stated to make a 11-D universe to protect itself

High 1-C should probably stay, as like people have said, it uses branes.

Some of the hax downgrades seem fine tho, Anti Spiral died to a physical attack, albeit an 11-D physical attack

Yeah, I'm iffy on 1-B, but I definately agree that High 1-C is legit.

@Qawsedf234

I didn't mean being higher dimensional but just physically transcending space-time INTO a higher d space.
Well two points

• There's no evidence of them transcending space-time and even if there is that's still not a solid justifcation for immeasurable speed
  • The Anti-Spiral dimension is still subject to linear time progression
SGGL, TTGL and STTGL should be "MFTL+, immeasurable with x attack". The universal flat rating is based on a misunderstanding about how immeasurable is applied.

Someone might want to ask DMUA, Ultima Reality, or Matt to comment here.

I was speaking more in general tho instead of specifically TTGL. If it doesn't work in this particular case, thats fine with me also.
^ If the feats aren't enough by this wiki's standards, so be it. I'm fine with the downgrade.

Although instead of scaling STTGL to TTGL's speed, shouldn't we calc it's speed from the first drill thrust or something?

The hax portion is pretty huge, so instead of posting another wall of text here, to make things more convenient, I did so in a document.

Qawsedf234 said:
Although instead of scaling STTGL to TTGL's speed, shouldn't we calc it's speed from the first drill thrust or something?
I suppose. The sheer size difference between the two alone should warrant a new calc.

Wow. What a mess.

Embarassing descriptors aside, I really don't see any solid reasoning behind those downgrades, especially since:

Actually as we can see the 10th and 11th dimensions being described as "dimensional universes", so that's not 11-D but just the 10th and 11th universe.

Universes can be higher-dimensional in nature, so this is a moot point, especially when them being described as "membranes" is a fairly blatant allusion to brane cosmology, like others have said, and they are even referred as multi-dimensional based on what I've seen.

Seriously? So 3-D people ON THE EARTH could actually see 11-D robots fighting each other and even hear what they say? That's definitely another proof of them not being 11-D.

The funny part arises when people start calling those Galaxies in the super spiral space as 10-D Galaxies when they are clearly 3D.

Well then, so let's downgrade Shin Megami Tensei, or Umineko, or Twin Peaks, or really any series where higher-dimensional entities and forces are portrayed as looking like 3-dimensional stuff; that's just the height of nitpicking, and like people said above, at most this just shows they are not Tier 1 in terms of size. Their Attack Potency can still be at this level.

Anti-spiral also made a big deal out of big bang storm

That's irrelevant, since the Big Bang doesn't even need to be a phenomenon restricted to three-dimensional space. Also this is fiction.

I have no issue with the speed downgrades.

It's actively stated Simon could bring Nina back from the dead if they wanted to, and he basically turned into a god of spiral energy by the end of the show.

Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann contains an entire hyperdimensional universe inside it, as stated by WOG

The ability to travel through time was key to beat even the lower tier Anti spiral mechs, Simon shouldn't spontaneously lose it just because he's not specifically in Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann

They created Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann alike

... That would take the assumption that the Anti Spiral decided to grab the mind of a dude who's been dead for like 5 years at this point just to mindhax Simon and that Simon would have never had the willpower to get out on his own, as opposed to Simon finding the strength to overcome a world where the guy he looks up to is a low life thief, using the memories of the real deal

Apparently, resisting the power of the mech you're running being drained is not resistance

FTL is way old school, nowadays we just call it a speed rating

He died because his entire realm where he gets low godly from was blown up immediately afterwards, he was still fine giving Simon last words despite the fact that what would be his lungs and many vital organs being completely obliterated

Just off the top of my head, Gurren Lagann evolves to gain underwater travel kinda immediately on the fly, and I believe there's a statement on one of it's big features being adaptability

Probability manipulation came before TTGL but I don't remember if it was Arc or Super Galaxy

The probability manipulation comes from Kittan succeding in destroying the anti-spiral black hole when he had 0% chance to do it, with Simon upscaling as he has waaaay more spiral energy than Kittan, and from the weaksouce Anti-spiral ships being able to manipulate probability so their attacks damage their foes

>Probability manipulation came before TTGL but I don't remember if it was Arc or Super Galaxy

Now that you mention it, SGGL demonstrated it too, yeah. It's why their Omnipresent attack was successful at countering the Ashtanga's Schrödinger Warp IIRC.

and in response of the Regenerationn thing, i guess that they should have at least Mid Regen, since Lord Genome is able to reform his body in the SSU

Pretty sure that regenerating your body from something like your thoughts/memories alone is Low-Godly, actually.

I definitely agree to the downgrade. That should also be done in many other profiles that are inflated with its bad scaling dimensional applied. The system is fine, but poorly applied in several profiles.

John Sothoth said:
I definitely agree to the downgrade. That should also be done in many other profiles that are inflated with its bad scaling dimensional applied. The system is fine, but poorly applied in several profiles.
The downgrade has been refuted by many people in this thread and no counter-arguments were provided, so unless you do so, it remains invalid and rejected.

Disagree with most of this fra. It's like he watched all this in under 24 hr or less and made this because it doesnt senantically jive with what one would write, so It's kinda bogus. It is evident in some of the stuff included like mecha creations, physics manip, time travel, oh he doesnt dimensional travel on there but portal creation. Dude is reaching lol. Although the speed can probably be worked as attack speed.

Although the speed can probably be worked as attack speed.

Its not even general attack speed. Its speed for a single specific attack

Isn't this heavily disagreed upon? Though, it appears the speed downgrade to Massively FTL+ is fine.

AP downgrade was rejected, speed downgrade was accepted, dunno about hax changes.

I think that most of the abilities are okay with exception of FTL and some profiles missing their mecha abilities like Yoko and Viral

I dont have nothing on Metaphysics Manipulation being changed to Physics Manipulation and this Cosmic Manipulation and Galaxy attacks on Anti Spiral profile are weird

Since we are talking about the abilities, i thought that we should possibly add new abilities to TTGL characters

Abstract existence, Non-corporeal, Imortallity type 1 and 8 and Regenerationn Low Godly

Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or an information, and being immortal thanks to it. This power has a variety of uses, ranging from a high degree of control over the abstraction and its manifestations, the aforementioned immortality, or even being unaffected by abilities that can't target the abstraction.

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Non-Corporeal (or Incorporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically, whether as a soul, as energy, or as an abstract concept. Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body, it just can't be affected by conventional physical forces. A non-corporeal being does not usually have any kind of concrete, defined form, and can appear in many different forms if they wish, though the destruction of these bodies is of little relevance to the entity behind them.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/681691601239670802/689262616295899179/ZZt70in.jpg

Main Paragraph: The second half of "Gurren Lagann" overwhelms viewers with an intense driving feeling but the scale of the Gurren Lagann series has been on a many viewer's minds. If the size of "Lagann" is approximately 1 meter and and "Gurren Lagann" is about 5 meters then it follows that the figures below are rough estimates. However, because Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a materialized thought, it's size is impossible to calculate (It doesn't exactly exist in the physical world.). Use this as only a guide so you can grasp the magnitude of these sizes. When comparing the first Gurren Lagann and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is about 1025 times larger or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times larger (In the "Gurren Lagann" style it's multiplied by 10.). It could be said that this size is truly unimaginable.

The thing is hat TTGL is an materialized thought , if he's destroyed, he can come back from Chounginga Dai Gurren thoughts thanks to the SSU inside the robot (for example we have Lord Genome recreating his body and turning himself into a drill after a quantic level destruction, showing tha he still was able to recreate his bdy into some shape), Being Abstrac and Non-corporeal is because he's a thought and don't need to have an exactly shape, since he don't exists in the Physical world

Immortallity type 1 and 8 reliant on simon thoughts and because he's a robot

Back