• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TTGL downgrade

I also vehemently disagree with the tiering downgrades due to what DMUA, Ultima, DDM and Ogun have stated out.

Don't care about speed.

Man, why so many peoples really want to dethroned TTGL and its universe? Are peoples hate him being a strongest mechas/characters in anime community? Or because Demonbane now being really weaker than TTGL?

My issue isn't people agreeing with the OP, it's them agreeing with it after so many people debunked it without bringing up a single new point.

Oh. I see. I thought the discussion was still pretty young. I haden't noticed the counterpoints. I guess I'm neuteral, then.

I agree with the fact that TTGL has been debunked and needs a revision. I agree with a lot of these points in the OP.

I don't agree with a low-2 C rating though. 2-A is more accurate.

Accelerate420 said:
I agree with the fact that TTGL has been debunked and needs a revision. I agree with a lot of these points in the OP.
I don't agree with a low-2 C rating though. 2-A is more accurate.
Sorry, but it hasn't. AP downgrades have been rejected outright and this has been done to death. We're not gonna change the ratings.

Speed downgrade is a-okay tho.

KLOL506 said:
Also DMUA and Matt disagreed with the tiering downgrades as well yet I don't see their names in the OP.
It was universally rejected from anyone, that's why

StrymULTRA said:
It was universally rejected from anyone, that's why
Fair point. There's no point in discussing AP anymore, not sure why people who are coming in still are without introducing new arguments.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Man, why so many peoples really want to dethroned TTGL and its universe? Are peoples hate him being a strongest mechas/characters in anime community? Or because Demonbane now being really weaker than TTGL?
Its not about dethroning a franchise. People just disagree with how they're rated or believe the current rating is based on a incorrect premise. You can downgrade a verse without hating it and to say that's the primary reason people are doing it is just a terrible reason to dismiss their arguments.

The only downgrade that seems reasonable is the speed downgrade by the looks of it.

Wait a minute. If that guide page is correct there's a weird issue here. According to various internet posts TTGL is 10 million light years tall. But 10 million ly / 10^25 is 9.46 milimeters which is impossible since GL isn't tbat small.

In fact even some reasonable starting numbee like GL being 5 meters is impossible. Since that would SGGL larger than the moon by over 14,000 times over and make TTGL 5.28 Billion lightyears tall not 10 million. That entire page is completely wrong in regards to the sizes.

In fact where did that 10 million ly and 52.8 billion ly statement come from? I've found no evidence for it. I think we need to redo those old speed calcs.

He did dwarf the size of a couple galaxies as seen in the Anime.

I get scaling it's size to find a number. Just that I think 10 million lightyears is just internet bs and if we're using that guide as fact then it should be 5.28 Billion ly not 10 million.

Also from a Google search the only evidence I have found for STTGL's 52.8 billion ly statement is from a wiki forum post on the TTGL wiki that brings up every point I did about the guidebook and just randomly assumed STTGL is 10x larger than TTGL and that the Giga-Drill break is 10x larger than STTGL. This seems like a "Nappa = Madara" case of internet telephone.

From what I recall, the size statements were in some Japanese Databooks for the series.

Edit: Nvm, it was already posted above

But that's the thing, the above passage doesn't mention STTGL nor does it give a number to TTGL, you have to add it up yourself. The number you get for TTGL is also far larger than 10 million lightyears and it contradicts the series in regards to Arch-Gurren Lagan and SGGL's size.

So where does it come from?

It's non-canon to the anime I guess, assuming it didn't rewrite the series' ending or something.

Qawsedf234 said:
But that's the thing, the above passage doesn't mention STTGL nor does it give a number to TTGL, you have to add it up yourself. The number you get for TTGL is also far larger than 10 million lightyears and it contradicts the series in regards to Arc-Gurren Lagann and SGGL's size.

So where does it come from?
Fixed.

Back