• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Blue spikey hair heros Duke out (Phoenix vs Sonic) 2 more votes

In a debate! I'm sorry. I had to find some way of doing this. And this is the fairest way I could figure out doing it.

This is the case. Sonic (probably accidentally) kills Apollo. And Maya as per usual was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She gets framed for the murder. Phoenix has to prove Maya didn't do it and Sonic guilty of the crime. Sonic hadn't used a weapon. It was his arms, hands, and speed that killed him. He had 15 minutes to change what he could on the crime scene to manipulate it into looking like it wasn't him. And it happened in the streets close to midnight. The street lights were dim do to them not being changed because of a workers incompetence.

Phoenix Wright gets 3 hours to examine the crime scene and the rest of the day to ask around to any witnesses, study the nearby areas, put conclusions together, or research. Normal case stuff. Phoenix does have access to anything that would be easy or possible for him to get his hands on in any of the 3 days

The trail starts the next day. Phoenix gets the normal 3 days at most to prove Sonic guilty or he walks and Maya takes the fall. He is aloud to research and examine should the courthouse go into the next day like any other normal case. And he does have access to the Magatama. There are a total of 3 witnesses who here or see it from a distance. One from a 6 story apartment at the roof who got a look down. The apart was the next block over, however no buildings were in the way of their viewpoint. The second witness was in a building on the same block and heard it go down, however were too scared to actually go out and see what happened. The third witness is Sonic himself who claimed to be patrolling for any crime and saw it happen himself.

Sonic is always in his base form.

Speed is equal I guess. Doesn't really matter. Isn't a physical fight. It be courthouse.

Is Phoenix able to pick apart the witness testimonies and prove Sonics guilt of murder? Or does the Blue Blurr walk?

Phoenix Wright: 5

Sonic:

Inconclusive:

So this definitely isn't going to be an easy case for Phoenix. It certainly isn't something he couldn't handle. One of the biggest reasons Phoenix would get this case figured out aside from the intelligence advantage, is sonics body compared to a normal human. There are a lot of things that would separate sonic to a human which will make it harder to pin on anyone else but himself. His size will make it hard even for a person seeing from a distance away due to him being quite a bit shorter than a human like Apollo. Even if it's fairly dark and at a distance, ltd still very likely they will be able to notice the size difference. As well, if sonic did the killing with his speed. That's a big game over for him. There's nothing I can really imagine he could think of that would be able to cover it up as if a person who did it. Nobody could move that fast. Not even a motor vehicle. If he used just his bare hands and shoes and assuming he didn't kill at speeds that were far past a normal persons speeds, the sheer force would give it away. Even if he Punched with just enough force to kill Apollo, his much larger hands are going to leave imprints or suggests that the fatal blows was done by something with much larger hands. As sonics hands are much bigger. Sonics much different body compared to that of a real human is going to really bite him in the rear. And Phoenix is Extremely keen on details and very quick to get them. He would definitely pick up on most if not all these details fast. If it came to Phoenix questioning sonic. Well Phoenix is the generally smarter one. And arguably while sonic is still definitely smarter, in this sort of area, he is going to fall behind a large amount. He holds more intelligence in the form of combat. He can be considered generally smart. But Phoenix is a bonafide genius. His skill, quick wits, and ability to pull out the truth even from the smaller details are really immense. He could definitely be able to find flaws if sonic testified.

I reviewed the thread rules and nothing says against it

Plus fights like King vs Hercule but it's them convincing the other one to leave

Or Phoenix vs king But it's Phoenix just trying to expose him as a fraud without evidence

Both ones that were able to be added

If the rule restricts the character's abilities then they can't be added. By making the match not being a physical fight, Sonic's abilities are resticted here. These type of threads belongs in the Fun and Games Board.

• It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added.

Non physical fights have been aloud before from what I've seen. If fights like this aren't aloud then quite a bit need to be removed on other pages.

Well Phoenix vs King isn't exactly restricting them of their abilities. Just like the other intellectual human vs human match ups.

It wasn't a physical fight tho. The idea was could Phoenix prove King was a fraud. Not them fighting.

This was made to be an intelligent fight too.

It doesn't matter if it was a physical fight or not. Neither of these characters are made for fighting conventionally. The reason why this match isn't allowed is because you are purposely putting Sonic at a disadvantage by restricting his abilities, not because it isn't a physical brawl.

Buttersamuri said:
Non physical fights have been aloud before from what I've seen. If fights like this aren't aloud then quite a bit need to be removed on other pages.
They were allowed a long time ago when abilties restrictions were allowed which was until a year ago. Now, since abilties restrictions are not fine, they are not. They are still allowed for casual Discussions like the rule explained.

I will removed the other matches.

It was meant to be a battle of intellect. Much like King vs Phoenix

Which that fight did the exact same thing. Phoenix's physical abilities were restricted. It was a battle of intellect.

You can't really say that Phoenix punching someone in the face is the same kind of ability that Sonic has with his spin dash. Sonic uses it to fight. Phoenix doesn't. That's why we can't really call it an ability the same way we do for Sonic. So by putting non fighting human characters into an intellectual brawl rather than a fist fight isn't restricting them of their "abilities"

Regardless Elizhaa is going to remove the, anyways.

MYHERO said:
You can't really say that Phoenix punching someone in the face is the same kind of ability that Sonic has with his spin dash. Sonic uses it to fight. Phoenix doesn't. That's why we can't really call it an ability the same way we do for Sonic. So by putting non fighting human characters into an intellectual brawl rather than a fist fight isn't restricting them of their "abilities"
Regardless Elizhaa is going to remove the, anyways.
If a characters can't their use abilties to win, the match is not much allowed, as explained in the rule.

Just like for a minor case, making the winning conditions KO which disable a character Immortality Type 8 isn't allowed for the match.

I'm saying that you can't consider punching people in the face as an "ability" in the same sense as a fighting character like Ryu having energy projection as an ability.

Phoenix has other abilities tho. Like air, explosion, and soul manipulation. All which would be restricted in a intelligence fight.

Buttersamuri said:
Phoenix has other abilities tho. Like air, explosion, and soul manipulation. All which would be restricted in a intelligence fight.
Yeah, I was about to say it that his other combative abilties were restricted, too.

To be fair all of those abilities you listed out has been shown to work in the courtroom. He wasn't using them offensively to incapacitate the opponent, but more so for spectacle. I wouldn't see why he can't use them in an case like the one you set up here. Unless you specifically say he doesn't have it as a rule. Besides I wasn't even just referring to Wright. I meant in general like people like L who has nothing but genius intelligence in his ability section.

Back