• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, stupid idea, but you know how this can turn into something else.

Just making a clarification that this is not a match for my current tourney, as that will wait for now.

Gogeta VS Metal Sonic

• Both at their respective peaks (SSB Gogeta and Metal Sonic at his Overlord state)
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Battle location is at Momoshiki's dimension.
  • Music for fun and giggles.
dcvq46v-a96b5080-c087-4f95-92a9-27acc63fe295.png
d4y17v5-85eccbd9-7a01-48a3-87fe-05270c50d442.png

Fusion prevails:

Some Overlord with guts: 8

Inconclusive
:

Last edited:
who are half 2-C as well.
Sign

Since I don't want to keep bumping this thread to oblivion
, I'm gonna give some specifications about both fighters.

Gogeta is a combination of 2 different people in terms of PL and practice, and has the ability to evolve in stronger patterns as the battle drags on. (This should be noted to be in a much higher extent since Gogeta has biologically both of Goku and Vegeta's zenkai boosts on a enhanced scale given the Metamoran fusion advantages to their power to increase exponentially in addition to different situations)

Metal Sonic fought 3 Super forms simultaneously and was capable of taking multiple hits from them without facing notable damage, requiring Super Sonic and the others to perform powered up blasts to actually subdue him. (He should scale to the full wield of their power hence 3x their potential output.)

The difference in the power gap is not something to appear in a huge amount of times, so Gogeta's RPL will significantly play a factor here.

I have multiple questions before I cast my vote:
1: Where does Gogeta's time stop resistance come from?
2: How likely is it for Metal Overlord to use the hax he has in his previous keys? Especially when some of it his hard to even imagine him using in this form?
3: If Gogeta gets trapped in a crystal prison, would he need pre-stellar lifting strenght on par with Super Sonic to break free?
4: Kind of unrelated, but don't you think it's strange how 3× half 2-C isn't even 2-C?

I have multiple questions before I cast my vote:
1: Where does Gogeta's time stop resistance come from?
2: How likely is it for Metal Overlord to use the hax he has in his previous keys? Especially when some of it his hard to even imagine him using in this form?
3: If Gogeta gets trapped in a crystal prison, would he need pre-stellar lifting strenght on par with Super Sonic to break free?
4: Kind of unrelated, but don't you think it's strange how 3× half 2-C isn't even 2-C?
1. dbs goku
2. idk
3. probably
4. yea

Kind of unrelated, but don't you think it's strange how 3× half 2-C isn't even 2-C?
Multiplier standards are always there to save the day. (I honestly think that Metal having 3 times half 2-C would only apply to his dura or anything else).
If Gogeta gets trapped in a crystal prison, would he need pre-stellar lifting strenght on par with Super Sonic to break free?
That's if he gets trapped, Gogeta has a very significant skill and mobility prowess that he would be able to resort in order to avoid that. He also has a myriad of Ki techniques danmaku related that would allow him to overpower Metal's projectiles via Stardust Fall.
How likely is it for Metal Overlord to use the hax he has in his previous keys? Especially when some of it his hard to even imagine him using in this form?
The only notable ability that Metal Sonic displays on this form is Chaos Control's time stop capability. (the former negates resistance to some extent and can be used for BFR).

Outside of this, I can't imagine others aside from potentially power mimicry (he unfortunetaly doesn't use it often for combat purposes) and other bulls.

Didn't DBS Goku lose his time stop resistance? We already went over this in the Classic Super Sonic vs Goku fight Gilad Hyperstar did.
Even if he does resist time stop though, Chaos control negs time stop resistance, so I guess it doesn't matter. Combine that with the "Unknown" lifting strength Gogeta has on his profile and he should essentially be unable to move for most of the fight, whether it's due to a time freeze or a crystal freeze.
And since AP is so close and both have ways to augment their speed/reactions, I don't see how Gogeta is supposed to kill Metal before being immobilized. As soon as Chaos Control is used, he's essentially screwed.

Voting Metal Overlord for now.

Metal would 100% use his other hax in this form, he isn't a different person, he can also copy all of Gogeta's powers plus unlike him he isn't limited by a time limit

So yeah, Metal FRA

Metal FRA. Gogeta is very skilled yes, and might resist Chaos Control, but since Metal can copy Gogeta's data, that will put Gogeta in a pretty big disadvantage, especially since Gogeta have a time limit while Metal doesn't

Gogeta could likely overpower Metal with the Kaioken, but he never used it in canon and will probably shorten his fusion time even more

Gogeta could likely overpower Metal with the Kaioken, but he never used it in canon and will probably shorten his fusion time even more
That should be something completely OOC for him. Gogeta using SSB doesn't shorten his fusion time as far as I recall plus that is not listed under his profile for check.

But anyways, I'll count this vote.

Also, I just have little doubt here, shouldn't Gogeta be able to deal with Metal's power mimicry by just having a combat experience advantage? I mean, half of his being is made of Goku, who could fight people capable of replicating his exact figthing style and techniques to a decent pace and even manage to overpower them in certain occasions.

That should be something completely OOC for him. Gogeta using SSB doesn't shorten his fusion time as far as I recall plus that is not listed under his profile for check.
Even using regular SSJ greatly shortens the fusion time of metamoran fusions like Gotenks, as seen many times in the Buu Saga and DBS, with the last time Gotenks lasted less than two minutes while using SSJ3, and Gogeta should be no different. We have no information that Gogeta's fusion time lasts 30 minutes regardless what form he uses, so we can't assume he would without proof

We have no information that Gogeta's fusion time lasts 30 minutes regardless what form he uses, so we can't assume he would without proof
That's a fair point, although DBS is very inconsistent when regarding the fusion time shenanigans, Gogeta could maintain his SSB form for an extended time period compared to what Vegito did last time against Fusion Zamasu at some point.

Wait is the only reason why the metal man is winning because he can copy gogeta's techniques?
Also the fusion time is not a factor because these dudes see light as frozen. Gogeta gad an entire battle with broly, took a shower, ate break fast and took a nap in the time it took cheelai to say her wish.

Wait is the only reason why the metal man is winning because he can copy gogeta's techniques?
I pointed this out in one of my previous comments.
Also, I just have little doubt here, shouldn't Gogeta be able to deal with Metal's power mimicry by just having a combat experience advantage? I mean, half of his being is made of Goku, who could fight people capable of replicating his exact figthing style and techniques to a decent pace and even manage to overpower them in certain occasions.

I pointed this out in one of my previous comments.
Wait so it IS true. Well then gogeta completely skill stomps, it doesn't matter if he can use gogeta's techniques, because gogeta can use his own techniques with far greater skill than some copy cat. Like even if he copies gogeta's fighting style itself, then gogeta will just improve and outskill again.

Also the fusion time is not a factor because these dudes see light as frozen. Gogeta gad an entire battle with broly, took a shower, ate break fast and took a nap in the time it took cheelai to say her wish.
That's simple speed. Since they will move at the same speed, the time limit of the fusion is a big factor.

Gogeta doesn't have enough AP to actually win quickly against him, and Metal Sonic can use his Power Mimicry to stall him long enough so that his fusion runs out and then he basically won the match.
Gogeta's combat expirience doesn't defend him from someone that is able to replicate his fighting style, and even if he does adapt to him then Metal Sonic can just adapt too by copying him.
Metal Sonic was able to fight and give a lot of troubles to 3 fighters with the same AP as Gogeta, I doubt that he alone can win this before the fusion end, and I would have doubt even if the fusion was unlimited.
Voting Metal Sonic.

That's simple speed. Since they will move at the same speed, the time limit of the fusion is a big factor.

Gogeta doesn't have enough AP to actually win quickly against him, and Metal Sonic can use his Power Mimicry to stall him long enough so that his fusion runs out and then he basically won the match.
I may be voting for Metal, but I'll play devil's advocate until the Dragon Ball supporters show up. Metal Sonic's power mimicry isn't as OP as you make it out to be. He's not like Emerl. We barely have any idea what the powers he copied from the main heroes are like when he uses them. We see a bit more of them in Rivals, but that game seems to imply that Metal hasn't perfectly copied every ability of the characters he scanned, let alone their exact fighting styles.
Gogeta's combat expirience doesn't defend him from someone that is able to replicate his fighting style, and even if he does adapt to him then Metal Sonic can just adapt too by copying him.
Like I said, I don't recall Metal ever copying someone's fighting style, and I especially don't see how Metal Overlord is supposed to pull off skillful martial arts.
Metal Sonic was able to fight and give a lot of troubles to 3 fighters with the same AP as Gogeta, I doubt that he alone can win this before the fusion end, and I would have doubt even if the fusion was unlimited.
Doesn't Gogeta have at least slightly higher AP than individual Low 2-C Super forms? He upscales from half 2-C by a good amount while the Supers merely scale to half 2-C. Unless I'm getting something wrong about DB scaling chains. That being said, Metal Overlord's durability should scale to 3 times half 2-C and he has better regen, so I still think he can stall out Gogeta.

Voting Metal Sonic.
Mate they're both moving at MFTL++++++ speeds what are you talking about? 2 minutes is like an eternity.
Gogeta upscales >>>>> half 2-C and can keep getting stronger with rpl, and this is downplaying because we're restricting kaioken and blue evolution.
Yes it will, gogeta is a saiyan, man improves by the moment, one moment he'll get his abilities copied, and the next moment he's even better than he was before.
Gogeta AP stomps the dudes metal man fought.

but I'll play devil's advocate until the Dragon Ball supporters show up.
Bro I'm right here. Anyway thanks for being a devil.

Mate they're both moving at MFTL++++++ speeds what are you talking about? 2 minutes is like an eternity.
Even in places like in the ToP it definitely wasn't as you said, since despite all of them being MFTL+, the time limit was a big problem. Even in the Broly movie Gogeta wasn't able to fire the kamehameha before Broly was sent away. If it would be like that, Broly would've died before Cheelai could've move, let alone make a wish on the Dragon Balls
Gogeta upscales >>>>> half 2-C and can keep getting stronger with rpl, and this is downplaying because we're restricting kaioken and blue evolution.
Yes it will, gogeta is a saiyan, man improves by the moment, one moment he'll get his abilities copied, and the next moment he's even better than he was before.
Gogeta only gets RPL due to zenkais, which won't happen since Gogeta can't heal himself. And no one said SSBKK and SSBE are banned, just that it is very ooc for him to use as he never went to these forms in canon

The one that scales to half 2-C is Beerus. Gogeta defeated a character that is "probably" stronger than him, so I really doubt that he is >>>>> half 2-C as you say. He is probably slightly stronger than half 2-C, but that's all.

Even in places like in the ToP it definitely wasn't as you said, since despite all of them being MFTL+, the time limit was a big problem. Even in the Broly movie Gogeta wasn't able to fire the kamehameha before Broly was sent away. If it would be like that, Broly would've died before Cheelai could've move, let alone make a wish on the Dragon Balls

Gogeta only gets RPL due to zenkais, which won't happen since Gogeta can't heal himself. And no one said SSBKK and SSBE are banned, just that it is very ooc for him to use as he never went to these forms in canon
Bro what? Time isn't a problem for these guys, like in the TOP, from the moment vegeta was ringed out and Goku started fighting jiren up to the end of the TOP, only 2 minutes passed, and 4 episodes worth of fighting happened in those 2 minutes. And in the broly movie, from the time shenron was summoned and cheelai started to say her wish up to when she finished her sentence, the entire gogeta vs broly fight happened.
RPL happens in saiyans just by them fighting, they don't need to heal they just improve as they're fighting.
If we're actually counting SSBE then gogeta becomes 2-C, blitzes and stomps the moment he's in any danger.
The one that scales to half 2-C is Beerus. Gogeta defeated a character that is "probably" stronger than him, so I really doubt that he is >>>>> half 2-C as you say. He is probably slightly stronger than half 2-C, but that's all.
Half 2-C < beerus < broly <<< Gogeta. There isn't any debate here that's how he scales.

We see a bit more of them in Rivals, but that game seems to imply that Metal hasn't perfectly copied every ability of the characters he scanned, let alone their exact fighting styles.
Base Metal copy ability is different from his Neo Metal form, in base he can only copy moves and fighting style, while in Neo he can even copy someone's biology

Speed is equal so gogeta doesn't have the speed advantage.

Also Metal can copy Kaioke if Gogeta uses it.

Just clarifying on this note, Gogeta's RPL happens as a saiyan keeps fighting around, Goku by the first time he accessed Super Saiyan God was confirmed to have his power constantly increasing by the time, and fight on equal foot against a heavily suppressed Beerus who even noted that the power of his punches were completely different from 5 minutes ago.

So Gogeta has a chance to adapt to the dura gap during this time.

Speed is equal so gogeta doesn't have the speed advantage.

Also Metal can copy Kaioke if Gogeta uses it.
No he can't, unless he has ki then he can't. Also if gogeta transforms he'll go SSBE which he definitely can't copy that.
And gogeta's RPL makes him gradually get faster so he does have a speed advantage.

Back