• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Edgy boy face each other (Edmond Dantes vs Wilhelm Ehrenburg) (ONE MORE VOTE!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, with what Fab said in Kei vs Enkidu thread, i stand more to believe Wilhelm easily wins.

Servants physical body have a core (that is the heart and brain) and one needs to destroy those two to kill them.

However, if you can attack their very essence (their soul), you don't have to worry about destroying any of these. Add Edmond lack of soul resistance, it's more easy to believe Wilhelm killing him in two to three attacks.

I would like to know if Dantes can resurrect if his soul is destroyed (which i don't believe he can)

Attendre Et Esperer brings him back from the brink of death stronger than before, and with unlimited mana, he can do that as much as he wants. And if it is anything like Song of Grail (and considering its description of being an "unbelievable recovery ability", it should be), it can bring him back as long as a fragment of his spirit remains.

Additionally, this idea you have that Wilhelm can tank everything because Wilhelm has more souls than Dantes is laughably incorrect. Physically speaking, Wilhelm is still 7-A, and he cannot simply brush off 7-A attacks like they are nothing because "he has more souls". Regardless of whether or not the attacks destroy his soul, they can destroy his body. The instant Regenerationn boasted of is also wank, as such a speed of Regenerationn has only ever been seen once - when Wilhelm had his Briah activated with his sister's help, that was only achievable under the specific circumstance of someone inside Wilhelm provoking her into doing so, and was draining the power from Wolfgang to speed up his own Regenerationn. Without that scenario, instant Regenerationn is not happening, as every other time, wounds have taken much longer to heal.

Also, Wilhelm still gets blitzed by Edmond using his NP, which he immediately does against anything that isn't fodder. See here

I did say "did it bring him back from soul destroying?". And this unlimited mana has never been said until now by you and it shouldn't. We give Servants a reasonable amount of Mana to fight without immediatly emptying all of their reserves (Karna for exemple). Bring me proof he can come back from soul destruction. And do prove me he can resist soul hax when he doesn't have it in his profile.

My tanking stuff was to his soul hax not physical attacks but good job on reading things correctly. I didn't even state Wilhelm regen apart from his Briah one. Besides, Wilhelm tanked soul **** attacks, something as normal as Edmond (unless he has feats) won't do anything to him when he tanked Kei's, Machina's, Wolfgang's and such. Wilhelm Briah is more than enough to absorb Edmond with no escape.

That just shows me nothing. Is this manga even legit? (I'm trying to found it with no results). The scans don't even show properly due to it being imgur. i've seen some scans though, and they don't show me him using his NP (I do believe he can but just not the moment the battle begins)

Wilhelm can't instantly destroy his soul though. He can damage it, but he's not going to outright erase Edmond's entire soul simply by hitting it. He's going to cut through it or stab it. Unlimited mana has been established before actually, seeing as without unlimited mana Servants would just fade away after a few minutes of fighting. So Wilhelm hits him, mortally wounds him, then Attendre Espere brings him back from the brink of death and makes him even stronger.

I know you didn't bring up instant regen. It was a preemptive counter point to you saying "well even if Dantes destroys his body he'll just instantly regenerate it". I also didn't even mention Dantes using soul hax attacks, but good job on reading things correctly.

He uses it against evil Fergus the moment he's given permission to fight, and he tries to use it against Nightingale first thing before realising her own NP has negated it.

ÒüñÒü¥ÒéèÚ¡éÒéÆþá┤ÕúèÒüÖÒéïµëﵫÁÒüîÒüéÒéïÚ¡öÞíôþÜäÒü¬µö╗µÆâõ╗ÑÕñûÒü»Òü╗Òü╝þäíÕè╣Òü¿ÒüäÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÒüéÒéï

Nope, they can destroy the soul (It's how you can harm them in the first place. Magical weapons [such as relics can both harm and destroy the soul])

In case you didn't see, you started to write about how i said Wilhelm tanks Edmond physical attacks when i never mentioned such things. I only said Wilhelm tanks his soul hax, but not even to you, just in general in case someone mentioned (it's one of my first posts). And in fact, soul hax is what makes Regenerationn harder for them. Considering Apostles do regenerate by using souls they have and Wilhelm won't be receiving any soul backlash due to Dantes weak soul attacks, i can totally see him coming back. And how high Edmond is in the scaling?

Wilhelm is superior to Keishirou Kyougets who's a little bit weaker than Habaki who one shotted Shiori Kujou and Soujirou Mibu casually while holding himself back.

Harm and destroy if they harm it enough sure. They can destroy the soul in the same sense I can destroy a piece of paper. By damaging it enough. What I'm saying is that Attendre Espere would heal Dante before he is outright destroyed.

His main method of attack is a C rank Noble Phantasm, which means it's equal to A rank Strength, which means it scales to Hercules, who has a feat of deflecting a 385 megaton Excaliblast.

That doesn't stop him getting blitzed though.

Wilhelm's barrage of stakes is more than capable of harming and destroying his soul considering he has no resistances.

He had used his NP due to the monster taking her as a hostage. Later on, he fights her without using his NP and after chanting to activate it, she could still keep on fighting showing that his NP isn't activated until he finishes the chant. Even previously, he didn't even care for those fodders and just used his normal flame attacks. So yeah Edmond won't be using that in the beginning. That's without going on if this is indeed canon or not

That barrage of stakes can be dodged or mutually annihilated with MCM. It isn't until the Briah comes out that Edmond wouldn't be able to dodge the stakes.

He fights her without his NPs because she used nightingale pledge, blocking him from using them. Not because it was out of character. He actually tried to use it.

He killed fodder with his flame attacks, but those were fodder that he knew were fodder. Against comparable opponents, Fergus and Nightingale, he went for immeasurable speed immediately.

And they both use chants to activate their super moves. And Dantes' is a fair bit shorter.

Wilhelm can unleash the stakes during their CQC and Kei flames itself couldn't burn them. So i don't think MCM can destroy them.

He didn't went immediatly for it. After exchanging a couple of Hand to Hand attacks then he tried to use it. But yes she had used Nightingale Pledge the scan didn't show until now.

So they will start hitting each other, with Wilhelm gaining advantage to his ability to harm Dantes essence and even outright destroy it due to him capable of adding his stakes to his punches

DI chants are almost instant even with speed being a little bit equal, Beatrice couldn't do anything when Eleonore was chanting.

And again, that's assuming that one shot is canon.

@EMC

This happens in Interview too. Machina literally just said his MVS and his Briah went on to activate.

And Wilhelm too in the prologue if you wanna say. There was no chanting

I call bullshit on one point.

Servants are materialized souls, they are incomplete applications of the Third Magic - making the soul it's own existence that materializes without the need for a physical vessel.

A Servant does not bleed, his seemingly flesh and blood body gets damaged and magical energy pours out. They however possess a core as you said ALRF, but that doesn't deny the fact that there's no soul to hit, Willhelm is fighting the materialized soul itself.

We already give Servants resistance to conventional weapons due to their odd nature making those useless, so I don't see why we are going to start treating them differently as far as being a living being goes.

Also no, you don't need to say any chant at all. Saber chants herself in the game, but she can shoot Excalibur merely saying the name and swinging, all in under a second. Archer actually needs to chant because his NP is magecraft, it has that as a necessary step. Dantes? Most Servants unless otherwise specified? None of that, he's going breakneck speeds the moment he says Chateu d'If.

I'm away from my computer right now, no I'm not adding it right away. If someone comes to rebut you can debate with them until someone else closes and adds this or I come back and do it

WIlhelm's true Briah needed Shirou to be absorbed and tell Helga that Wilhelm was being attacked, something Wilhelm can't do on his own, so no, it's not True Briah.

actually iirc he can use true briah in IKAbey (the CG in his page was true briah from IKAbey i think)

What? He used his true Briah in Ikabey when Claudia started going off her ****. People need to start putting respect on Wilhelm's name. The reason why I thought that his true Briah will make a difference was because of his feats with it, for example he was able to keep it active´╝êthough in a heavily degraded state)whilst in Claudia's Briah. Which in itself is pretty crazy her Briah is his antagonism and considering that her soul density is of equal (or even excels) that of the Three commanders. Her soul was so strong that she reached Briah without even having any knowledge of Ewigkiet itself. Going by the argument that Donte is a materialised soul, I don't see how he wouldn't be instantly devoured. ÒÇÇ

Edit- Seeing as Donte has white hair, Wilhelm may be triggered enough to go all out :p.

i thought rein's castle has hundred millions but then again this is before DI.

@yamato vote for wil i suppose?

Yeah count me in for a vote. In regards to the hundreds of millions, I've heard that figure as well but I'm not sure dude. It's a crazy amount so I just said "tens of millions" not to blow it out of proportion. I don't have the scans on how many souls are in his castle and to be honest I'd like to see how much there actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back