• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyranny Across Time: Solaris [Vol. 2, Pt. 1 - Sonic Revision Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "plot erasure" entail?
Solaris' EE can destroy things on a "narrative" level, so he can negate certain times of Regeneration that rely on such a method. Otherwise, nothing particularly impressive unless the plot is relevant to the character themself.

Seriously, it sounds like you're saying Solaris can erase beings on a narrative level. That is so ******* busted that it probably requires a deeper discussion. Otherwise he's just gonna body anyone who doesn't have very specific resistances or high godly regen.

It’s more just, Solaris’s erasure inherently would erase the Arabian Nights, which is a world governed by the plot of a story, so Solaris can erase an in-universe story’s plot.

It’s more just, Solaris’s erasure inherently would erase the Arabian Nights, which is a world governed by the plot of a story, so Solaris can erase an in-universe story’s plot.
Anyone can erase an in-universe story's plot. I could burn a book right now!

In this case the story connects to its own living cosmology that also exists as part of the multiverse, the book is more of a chronicle to the in-cosmology text.

I'm iffy on Plot Manipulation since we don't even give Erazor Djinn that power who directly alters the Arabian Nights book, if anything it would be further text manipulation or something. In addition Infinite stamina needs some justification to it.

Other than that I think everything looks good.

I'm iffy on Plot Manipulation since we don't even give Erazor Djinn that power who directly alters the Arabian Nights book, if anything it would be further text manipulation or something. In addition Infinite stamina needs some justification to it.

Other than that I think everything looks good.
i mean.....we can give Erazor Plot manip as well

I will also be making a blog on the Arabian Nights soon to better elaborate on the plot stuff, since it's a particularly potent ability and all the justifications presented in a cohesive way would be best.

That being said, if somebody can unlock Solaris' profile, I can apply this revision.

I will also be making a blog on the Arabian Nights soon to better elaborate on the plot stuff, since it's a particularly potent ability and all the justifications presented in a cohesive way would be best.

That being said, if somebody can unlock Solaris' profile, I can apply this revision.
If you're not gonna use it to upgrade the cosmology, you should debunk some cosmology upgrade arguments in that thread. The Arabian Nights is really wierd to locate cosmologically. It could upgrade the whole thing anywhere from barely, to 6D, to High 1-B, when combined with Maginary World. I don't buy the last 2 though, and I'm derailing

Solaris is complete and can be locked again, and I've removed his match against Hyper Sonic as it's pretty outdated (and the match can just be redone if people really want). Could you remove the match against Solaris from Sonic's profile, Qaw? Thank you for the assist.

Now all that's left to do is adjust Iblis' and Mephiles' powers and abilities shown from this thread, which I'll do shortly.

Can I ask what part of the erasure proves he can affect the whole narrative in the level of actual erasure as opposed to just him erasing timelines? This feels like DBH characters having fate and causality hax just for affecting a timeline syndrome.

Can I ask what part of the erasure proves he can affect the whole narrative in the level of actual erasure as opposed to just him erasing timelines? This feels like DBH characters having fate and causality hax just for affecting a timeline syndrome.
The Arabian Nights' reality is essentially comprised of numerous inscriptions, with the destruction of the words within the book equating to the destruction of reality itself and people entering the book literally entering the story. Shahra also reveals to Sonic beforehand the physical connection between the two. They basically double down on the plot stuff relating through the book a lot. Entering the book takes them to the Lost Prologue, the "gateway" between the two worlds. Despite it appearing as a literal book in Sonic's world, it's treated as more of an alternate dimension instead of true R>F (thank heavens).

It's not supposed to imply that Solaris can erase everything on a narrative level passively, but moreso that he can interact with and erase things of that nature within a cosmology.

That sounds like a massive stretch with just a statement of Solaris erasing history, especially with no correlations that history and narrative are the same thing to come to the conclusion he can erase on a narrative level. Also:

It's not supposed to imply that Solaris can erase everything on a narrative level passively,

Existence Erasure, History Erasure, & Plot Erasure in his passive tabber

You sure about that? Because the page says otherwise.

That sounds like a massive stretch with just a statement of Solaris erasing history, especially with no correlations that history and narrative are the same thing to come to the conclusion he can erase on a narrative level.
Shake is saying that Solaris erasing the Arabian Nights would grant him these powers BECAUSE of how the Arabian Nights works as an universe. Not that erasing history by itself would grant him these powers.

That doesn’t really prove how it’s actual plot erasure more as just a chain reaction event for destroying the book, again if you’re going to claim Solaris is gonna have plot erasure you’re gonna need a lot of evidence for that, because “erasing all of history” isn’t cutting it for an out of left field ability like narrative erasure.

The world of the Arabian Nights is controlled by the narrative of the Nights story itself, and whatever the text dictates is what occurs as part of the world. As part of his erasure, Solaris would inherently affect both the world’s text and the world itself, thus erasing the plot of the Arabian Nights and consequently the world itself. Solaris can affect the narrative of the Arabian Nights.

Again, that's not plot erasure, that's just a chain reaction feat of messing with the text which results in messing with the Arabian world. Actual evidence that narrative and history are one and the same in the series would be needed for Solaris to have this ability.

because “erasing all of history” isn’t cutting it for an out of left field ability like narrative erasure.
It's NOT because of "erasing all of history". It's just that in order to destroy the Arabian Nights you need to destroy its plot. And no, that isn't a chain reaction either, since in Secret Rings Erazor is destroying the Arabian Nights by destroying the plot. So if anything, it's a chain reaction on the opposite side.

So you’re telling me you’re basing the plot hax on an assumption that Solaris would be capable of doing the same thing Erazor Djinn was doing despite having no evidence he can do that. Yeah no I’m flat out disagreeing with the plot erasure, this is a massive stretch to push for plot erasure.

Solaris, by virtue of being able to erase the entire cosmology, would naturally be affecting the text of the Nights. Unless you want to say Erazor is 5-D.

So you’re saying Solaris being able to erase on a higher plane is what’s needed then? Then yeah again, not seeing plot erasure here, that just flies in the face even harder if he’s just erasing on a higher plane rather than targeting one’s narrative.

Yeah via higher dimensional erasure since you said “unless you wanna argue Erazor is 5-D”, which again is more of a higher level erasure and not plot erasure that you’re focusing on, so again I’m hard disagreeing with plot erasure for this.

Yeah via higher dimensional erasure since you said “unless you wanna argue Erazor is 5-D”, which again is more of a higher level erasure and not plot erasure that you’re focusing on, so again I’m hard disagreeing with plot erasure for this.
I think Glass makes a bit more sense here.

That said Glass, next time please don't wait until right after a thread is accepted to make an argument against part of the OP.

Wouldn’t that still mean the plot of a world is being erased regardless.

you’re basing the plot hax on an assumption that Solaris would be capable of doing the same thing Erazor Djinn was doing despite having no evidence he can do that.
No, what we are saying is that Solaris erasing the Arabian Nights would naturally do the same. You keep misunderstanding the argument after showing up on the thread once all the changes have been applied. Please try to at least understand the argument first.

It's simple, for Solaris to erase the Arabian Nights he would necessarily need to erase its plot. You can’t erase the Arabian Nights without affecting the plot. If you wanna argue against it you need to debunk this assertion first.

What I’m getting from this is that the Arabian Nights is purely made out of narratives and that in order to be able to interact with it, one needs plot manipulation.

Thus Solaris getting narrative erasure for being able to erase all of existence, which includes the Arabian Nights, makes sense to me.

@Eseseso I've had other stuff to get out of the way before I got the chance to comment here, besides even if the thread was done I would've just made another to question the plot erasure.

@JJSliderman No it wouldn't, that's just higher dimensional erasure, by that logic erasing timelines would give you matter hax or deconstruction for just a random "erase timelines" statement, which wouldn't fly at all.

@Theuser789 Where does it say it's only possible to destroy the arabian night realm by destroying the text? Because having higher dimensional erasure would also qualify for that, plus again there's little to no elaboration that solaris' EE would extend to an entire narrative.

“Wouldn’t extend to an entire narrative”

That is, literally what would happen. The entire narrative based universe of the Arabian Nights would be gone, along with said narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back