• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ultra Series Content Revision - Proof of Concept?

Introduction
Hello everyone, it's been a while.

This time I'm gonna try to make a rather out-there proposal for the only verse I really make contributions to. Luckily for me, or not it depends, this time it'll only apply to one character. So far.

Basically, I propose the addition of Conceptual Manipulation.

Remember Inner Light? I don't suppose you do for a little verse like this, but basically... it's literal light that protects and encompass the entirety of a being. Humans, aliens, Ultras, a lot of them have the capacity to manifest their own inner lights. However, Ultras are pretty much the only beings who are capable of actively drawing it out and amplifying it, to no discredit of the others, though. Through an inner light, the users are capable of protecting themselves from the powers of darkness, as well as exorcise/destroy it, with said powers having the reach on a biological, mental, and spiritual level. So, Inner Light is the soul, right?

That's what we're gonna deal with this time. Because despite this all-permeating encompassment of an individual's existence, the Light has been pretty much shown to be beyond all those aspects all the same. As of New Gen, it has become more prevalently known as Bond, which is another topic to discuss, so let's focus on this one.

One last thing to add, is that in accordance to the Inner Light blog, we also have evidence that the idea of Light and Darkness being a verse-wide thing.

Ultraman Trigger: What We Know, and Have Seen
Part 1
In Trigger, the titular Ultra, or rather his human form, is ejected from his Inner Space. (Link)

Said human form is Kengo Manaka. Throughout the series, Kengo has been called the Incarnation of Light. Trigger is the Light, and Kengo is Trigger himself. These three are the same element in three known forms. Because of this, Kengo is both his own soul and animative force, the latter of which will be notably distinct as I explain more. To give context to a particular feat that seems rather standard at first glance...

In the episode I linked earlier, Kengo is thrown out of his Ultra form's Inner Space. Oh no. Then, while his Ultra form is uninhabited, Carmeara, the yandere she is, injects her own powers of darkness into the body. This of course brings the body back to life, and mutates it in accordance to his appearance as he once was, a being of darkness. However, by the next episode, we see that this "Trigger" isn't so much the being he used to be, simply possessing his power and appearance, but is not Trigger himself. The same second part was also the one that revealed Kengo to be Trigger, as in the man is the Ultra himself. How this matters comes from the fact that ultimately...

Kengo, who is born human and is the Incarnation of Light, is in fact Trigger the dark giant-turned-Ultraman himself. Just as he was raised as a human with a sense of justice, morals and all that goodness, so too did he pass it back to himself as he once was through this closed loop he created by being sent to the past through that time rift caused by Carmeara attempting to claim his body. At the same time, since they were one and the same, the potential for him accepting and becoming the Light had always existed even in the old Dark Trigger, an event that caused the two to merge together as one. After that, he went on to tussle with his former comrades, and lost his body a second time. That Trigger of the past then passes down a fragment of Light that would eventually become the baby that grows up to be Kengo Manaka.

Yet despite this loss of the Ultra form twice, Kengo/Trigger simply conjures another body for himself, showing that he is his own animating force independent from the requirement of something like a soul or a mind to define his existence since he is already the Light. And as the Light, he is Trigger.

So let's review that for a second.

Kengo is Trigger, and they as Ultraman are the Light. The Light is a force that encompasses an individual up to a spiritual level, yet is above it as seen in how Trigger completely bypasses the need to reclaim his body which had its Inner Space, a spiritual realm, infected with Darkness and could simply create a new body for himself. This establishes the Light as being a lot more abstract and transcendent from the usual definition of an existence of a living being and closer to something conceptual.

That, is what that was for. Now it's time for:

Part 2
For this part, we have the series' MacGuffin, the Eternity Core. Again from the 11th episode, this is what we were told outright about the Eternity Core from someone who is firsthand knowledgeable about it. It is strong enough to overwrite reality and cause a big bang, and the powers of Darkness are capable of infecting even it in order to hold that power to their whim. Additionally, this is also what is said about the Eternity Core. There is a chance that once infected, it could go out of control and destroy everything, including both Light and Darkness, both of which are fundamentally opposing forces that transcends things that are already non-physical like minds and souls.

Now we enter even bigger spoiler territory. But that's okay, because there isn't much of us, and the whole series could be caught up on YouTube, which us supporters already have.

Basically, by the finale, main villain Carmeara infects the Eternity Core as had been cautioned against for so long. The result was a disturbance caused by the addition of an external power to something that is already powerful enough to affect not just one universe, but perhaps the entire multiverse. A clearer statement from another oddly nigh-omniscient character about what the disbalanced Eternity Core would do if left unchecked. A big bang from the Earth, which isn't even the center of the universe?

Skipping ahead several more big events, Carmeara is eventually defeated, but her infection remains in the Eternity Core. How do our characters fix this? With Kengo sacrificing himself, to use the nature of his existence as the Incarnation of Light, to balance out the Darkness that's caused such topsy turvy in our universe-ending object. Now, for the sake of transparency, I will acknowledge that he said it was because he had direct contact, not because of his nature. But at the same time, it was his unique existence that had fully resonated with that power, that allowed him to be granted its boons in the first place. Although we also have this earlier in the finale, where Kengo could only combat a Core-empowered Carmeara who only got that power because she was tipping its nature to her Darkness, by using his empowered Light as Glitter Eternity. It's also worth noting that to fully take down Carmeara, Trigger needed to fuse his powers of Light and Darkness back together in order to create a harmonic balance that could cancel out Carmeara's out of control Core power.

Now it's time for another review...

Kengo is Trigger, and he is the Light. As the Light, he is the counter to Darkness as is vice versa. These powers are things that are above already non-physical existences of definition of them such as the mind and soul, as repeated ad nauseam, and they can also affect this Eternity Core, an item that could rewrite the universe, and possibly the multiverse. Their powers, could affect a force that is capable of determining the existence of the cosmology, and tip it to their side. Additionally, we also already know that Light and Darkness aren't inherently this external force that can simply influence things. In fact, they've always existed regardless of the continuity, and in the numerous existences across the multiverse, even with the Ultras whose background can differ wildly. It adds credence to the fact that the universe was being destroyed as a direct result of Carmeara's Darkness disrupting the balance and Trigger's Light then returning balance to it, as opposed to the Core being affected by the destruction of the universe.

Because of this, I propose Conceptual Manipulation for Ultraman Trigger. Additionally, while it was a weird causal loop event, I also propose Acausality Type 1 for him as he directly interacted with a past version of himself without ill effects.

Note: In the event this gets accepted, the potency, layer and who will scale will be discussed in the comments.

Alright you weren’t lying when you said it was so out of pocket.

First Part
Nothing here remotely indicates anything conceptual going on. Kengo is just showing that he’s fine without his Inner Light and has something superior than it which is the Light. The Light made his Inner Light practically inferior and removed his need for a soul or mind and he could freely conjure it up. This would mean that Trigger or anyone that has merged with their Light, gains a layered resistance (Maybe even immunity as he lacks the need for an Inner Light) to soul manipulation, mind manipulation and anything else gained from the Inner Light.

Second Part
This again doesn’t show anything conceptual in nature. The Light is just capable of affecting something that has been corrupted to the point that it goes out of control back to its original state which would give it an additional ability like space-time manipulation and purification. The destroying the multiverse doesn’t strengthen it to be conceptual at all, it just shows that the potential of the Light could be as far as multiversal in terms of potency.

I heavily disagree and is proposing for the Light to be layered resistance to abilities like; Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and anything the Inner Light gives. Additional abilities like Space-Time Manipulation & Purification.

Bruh, completely forgot to reply.

You're right that it doesn't indicate a conceptual nature to it, but the evidence shown does still attest to the Light being above the simple ethereal nature of a mind and soul.

The point is, well, both parts of the information feeding into each other. This Light is something we know to be a verse-wide idea, yet having a very much tangible effect in how it empowers and protects its users as well as usable with a destructive capacity. While that would normally mean it's likely just another form of power, it also covers and reaches the mind and soul, while also being above those standard quantifiers of an existence.

Additionally, it's also capable of affceting the Eternity Core, as per my argument. Which I again press that it is not only capable of simply rewriting the universe, but also was the source of its existence given how a simple disruption of it was what caused the instability in the first place. The infection of Darkness didn't just cause a chain reaction, but would have given control of the universe's reality to the perpetrator.

Basically, it isn't because the universe was being destroyed that caused the Core to disappear, but rather because the Core was being seized by another power did the universe become unstable as per the whims of the user. Remember that Carmeara no longer had any desire to rewrite the universe and was more focused on killing Kengo, hence the Core going berserk.

But you know, this isn't ours to give the final word on. If it isn't accepted, I'll take rhe alternative proposal as it would still cover that. But what about Acausality, I don't see you commenting on that.

But what about Acausality, I don't see you commenting on that.
To be honest, this could go two ways.

1. It’s acausality type 1 as changes to the past Trigger doesn’t affect future Trigger.
2. It’s like the paralel isotope shenanigan, in where if the past changes then a new branched timeline is created.

Light and Darkness should have layered stuff as I proposed.

I'm leaning on Type 1 being viable because the loop was maintained rather than creating a separate timeline as a result of this disturbance. While normally we'd be seeing the alternate version of the universe, the one shown was similar as the one in Z where alterations cause is exactly what ended up being the causal flow world.

Yeah, you know what, I'll see to setting up that alternative proposal regardless of whether CM is accepted or not.

Back