• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne vs Wither

Undyne can one-shot cause lol soul hax.

But the Wither has a big AP advantage (casual 25 kilotons vs baseline/5.8 kilotons), psuedo death manip with every hit and a decent range advantage. It also has a forcefield which no-sells any of Undyne's projectiles, but it only uses this at half health usually.

Probably. I'd expect Undyne would think of it as another monster... until it starts firing death skulls like crazy

I'm going to give it to the Wither.

Undyne would probably give it a shield to defend against, but would turn its soul green, going off of what GyroNutz said earlier. I'd even go as far to say that she'd still think it was another monster while it's firing off death skulls, as we've seen similar attacks in Undertale (Gaster Blasters, Mettaton's bombs, etc.), but she wouldn't have a shred of mercy if it started firing upon civilians. However, the Wither's projectile immunity after half health, as well as its passive Regenerationn, probably lends the fight to the Wither, unless Undyne uses the spear as a melee weapon and kills it then. But Wither Skulls, combined with the Withering effect (similar effect in Undertale for comparison would be Karma Poison), means the Wither would probably do a number on Undyne before then.

I'm assuming she's in her normal form and not the Undying?

Undyne would immediately notice that the Wither isn't nearly intelligent enough to wield a shield nor to understand her.

And she'd also notice that it does not, in fact, have a monster soul.

She was acting to Frisk like she was because her unreasonable standards towards humans due to anime.

The Wither having a soul or not is already questionable.

But even then, Undyne's too honorable to go for the kill immediately, so she would probably be hit at least once before killing it, spelling her doom.

This really depends on whether or not the Wither is considered to have a soul. If yes, then it's inconclusive, as both will kill eachother (as Undyne would be able to one-shot it via soul manip). If not, Wither win, as Undyne can't kill the Wither before being done for by the Wither effect.

It's made with soul sand, and I see no reason why it wouldn't have a soul.

What? She one-shots it soul with any attack, period. And she has immortality type 2 to keep her going regardless. It will die before she does, since it won't be dodging at all.

Saikou-Sama said it, I guess.

But what's the evidence for the Wither not to have a Soul? The only thing we know about his is that he's undead.

Even if we assume that Undyne goes full-on from the start and the Wither is incapable of wielding a shield but has a soul, so she would probably freeze the Wither in place and not give it a shield, the Wither still holds a significant advantage. The Wither skulls, combined with the Wither effect still spell massive problems for Undyne, as well as passive Regenerationn and projectile immunity after half-health. She could stand there and keep slashing it to death, but she would have to take care not to get blasted by a Wither Skull, which is extremely hard in close-quarters combat.

Side note: I'm assuming Undyne's armor would be the equivalent of iron armor. The Player in Minecraft typically needs diamond armor to defeat a Wither.

EDIT: It's made of soul sand and three Wither Skeletons, so I assume it would be a Spiritomb-type situation where it's made out of composite souls.

Soul sand is just like sand, not actual non-corporeal souls.

Idk how we exactly treat undead beings by default, but given that they're supposed to be dead, I really doubt they'd have souls.

Undyne's Type 2 is trash. It won't make her able to survive the Wither effect. She eventually did die from her simple, knife-inflicted wounds. Being reduced to dust will do her in just fine.

The Wither tanking hits and regen won't matter because Soul manipulation ignores durability.

Wither effect takes time, and Undyne is very resilient. Also, his projectiles can be dodged.

TThe Diamond Armor is 7-C, much liek Undyne, so they are on a similar range.

We don't assume undeads have no souls.

And her type 2 does allow her to survive it. She managed to put herself back together after her head split in two due to the dusting, or whatever you want to name it.

And wither effect takes plenty time, while she still one-shots.

And the difference is a X4, it isn't that much.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Soul sand is just like sand, not actual non-corporeal souls.
Idk how we exactly treat undead beings by default, but given that they're supposed to be dead, I really doubt they'd have souls.
The evidence suggesting to the contrary is that you can make out screaming faces in the Soul Sand, and the fact that it's called Soul Sand. Undead beings still have souls in the Undertale-verse, look at Asriel. He died, and came back to life.

Having faces in the sand does not make it not sand. It's still just physical matter, not actual souls.

Type 2 from being stabbed <<<< Being reduced to dust. It won't help her.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Asriel is the worst possible exemple, because not only was he not an undead, he also had no soul.
He was able to absorb everyone else's in the Underground, giving him a composite soul, like the Wither (presumably).

Regardless of whether the Wither has a soul or not, it still beats Undyne. The only difference is how hard it beats her.

Type two from truning to dust to the point that there seems to be two of you>turning slowely to dust, taking more than 20 seconds sometimes.

It won't change the fact that once she dies, she dies. The final damage of the Wither effect is higher than anything Undyne took. Which is the only thing that matters.

Like I said, Wither has a soul = Undyne gets the Wither effect, before killing the Wither via soul manip and eventually dying. Wither has no soul = Undyne dies from combined explosions and wither effect before she manages to take it down (due to higher Dura, regen and just being tanky even to other 7-Cs)

Yeah, but it dies much faster than she does.

Also, it was eons ago but I remember it being clarified that who kills first wins in a Might Guy match.

...I don't think that's how inconclusive works

If a character self-destructs and kills his opponent the opponent doesn't win because the character died first.

Currently, there is no evidence for the Wither having no soul besides "uh, he comes from Soul Sand", which isn't exactly the best argument.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I thought Soul Sand was a mistranslation and it was supposed to be Slow Sand or something like that. Am I crazy?
>A mistranslation

Of what? Minecraft has always been in English dude.

Back