• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ungalo vs Misogi: Reality to fiction and back again

So, I haven't read Part 6 yet, but from what I've heard:

• Ugalo has no control over the characters he summons
  • The characters must follow the story that they're from and act as such, so if the character is supposed to die at the end of the story, that character will die.
  • The characters' power to affect people in real life depends on the letters' attachment to them:
    • If a person is particularly attached to a character summoned by BR, he will inevitably meet the same fate as that character (so if that character dies in his story, he will die too)
    • If a person doesn't have any knowledge on a character summoned by BR, or if he isn't familiar enough with him, that character will be completely unable to affect that person
  • Characters summoned by BR, if killed by outside means, they will be erased from any story they were originally part of.
Is this correct?

Over all yes, but I want to clarify that Ungalo's stand is not a face to face one. His stand is best used by him going somewhere he is hard to access or find, and let the mass destruction ensue. He basically Hopes that you find a character you know on the way to finding him

Most of the stuff you put there is right, but I should clarify that they are not hard and fast rules and characters can push on them.

Characters aren't supposed to protect Ungalo, but even with his stand off, a road sign man stepped out to protect him. So he does not control them but they will sometimes protect him

Stories can also interfere with eachother but the outcomes will usually be the same. That being said, if a character dies that supersedes there story. It also is not that characters cannot effect the people who don't know them at all, just to not any significant degree. Also, the characters are hard to kill in general, because they are hard to effect with their story in play

Like, when the scene with the wolves and sheep was going down, they just kinda folded when they were attacked but the scene played out the same way. Long nose boi could get killed because his story didn't seem to have been going at that point, so anasui merked him

I'm only at volume 6 of the MB manga, so wanted to ask: is Misogi attached to any fictional character in particular (seeing that in MB there are some among pop-culture references)

I imagine that he could find many.

One last thing before voting: could he figure out the Stand's ability and do something like Anasui and Weather did (make a character similar to Put-Back and proceed to hunt Ugalo down)?

He could, but it is basically a toss up. Kenshiro and one of his villains were mentioned off screen, but it is really random who you may run into

Kumagawa is really good at exploiting and finding weaknesses, but Weather had help from Van Goth to actually put it in a summonable form.

So this is actually Kumagawa vs Goku then?

So does dude need sources of fiction nearby? Cause SBA has this fight in central park. If so there is no reason to belive Kumagawa won't Bookmaker Blitz into victory.

Inconclusive FRA. BR has a very very exploitable weakness (like all Jojo Stands, except D4C-LT and GER) but it is unlikely Kuma will find it.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Inconclusive FRA. BR has a very very exploitable weakness (like all Jojo Stands, except D4C-LT and GER) but it is unlikely Kuma will find it.
And what is that weakness and why can't Kumagawa figure it out?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So this is actually Kumagawa vs Goku then?
So does dude need sources of fiction nearby? Cause SBA has this fight in central park. If so there is no reason to belive Kumagawa won't Bookmaker Blitz into victory.
He basically just turns on his stand, and then all fiction across the planet comes out. Ungalo's range means they will start at a great distance, which means that Kumagawa needs to go find him. Kumagawa doesn't book maker blitz at such an extreme range, especially if they are not in line of site. In character, Ungalo will just go somewhere there is little fiction nearby or where he is hard to reach, and just let his stand cause mass destruction. For example, in the story, he got on a plane and turned on his stand

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Weather Report defeated it by creating a character called Put Back to seal all the other characters, but he needed Van Goth to draw it in a summonable form. It isn't immediately obvious, but Weather has an abnormal way of thinking. Kumagawa may have a mind for finding weaknesses, but his negative mentality would stop something like this

Suppose all the characters in fiction come out, include Cthulhu Mythos stuff and what not. All you need to do is to make a FC/OC wiki worthy character whose sole purpose is to destroy all the released characters and put them back into their stories, essentially nullifying the Stand completely. All it requires, is for you to draw a character from your imagination and give it a description.

So what are the chances then that Shonen characters Jump out at Kumagawa? Cause we don't really know enough to say what other fiction he'd be familiar with.

Cue Fire messageing me with an "Umm Actually..".

We honestly don't know, because if some kid happens to be reading naruto in the park or watching dragon ball super on crunchyroll on their phone, then Kumagawa gets taken. Its literally just a complete roll of the dice what media people happen to be doing at the time.

We did kinda see how Kumagawa's imagination failed him when he played make belive with the witch girl, so there is precident for something like Kumagawa thinking of the most powerful and ultimate character ever who then just dies of depresion or something like that.

That being said, there isn't really any reason for Kumagawa to just AF/BM Blitz everything that comes his way.

Keep in mind that Weather couldn't just write on the side walk and bring Put Back into existence. He had to have Van Goth make it into a summonable form. I do think that Kumagawa's creation would probably end up being self destructive if he did make one

Even if he did, it probably wouldn't turn out well for him lol. That is a quick way to get a bunch of superheroes and characters that Kumagawa is familiar enough with for them to effect him, but not familiar enough to be taken into their story, to start getting on his ass.

I just thought of something really funny and dumb. Blood Lad's main character is a Jump fan, but Blood Lad isn't a Jump manga, so if Staz shows up, he'd recognize Kumagawa, but Kumagawa wouldn't likely recognize him. I chuckled at that.

I mean Kumagawa may still know him, but not much lol. It would be funny. I ain't thought of blood lad in a long time. I also just noticed we have a blood lad verse page but no profiles for the characters

I'm actually working that and need some serious help with tiering characters. I'm about ready to sent out a call for help in the Q&A forum.

Back