• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe level Standards (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Continued from here

Currently it is mostly agreed upon by the staff to keep 3-A the same but merge High 3-A and Low 2-C. However some have strongly opposed it.

VenomElite offered his perspective on the matter:

"Better think carefully before it goes down. It's not okay to get rid of the tier High 3-A

I agree that limited 4D needs to go. That literally makes absolutely no sense. Normal 4D belongs in Low 2-C. Any space time feats less than a timeline in scale is literally just hax people. High 3-A should just be infinite 3D.

Unless you rename Low 2-C to High Universe level+, you shouldn't merged Infinite 3D High 3-A with 3-A.

There's a reason High 3-A stops at an undefined transfinite high-end. It's for the same reason 2-B is separate from 2-A and 1-B is separate from High 1-B. Transfinite feats shouldn't be categorized in the same bracket as infinite feats. VSBW differentiates between the two already. Only if Low 2-C is renamed and transfinite 3-A is separated from infinite 3-A as Universe level and Universe level+ respectively should infinite 3D be merged to 3-A.

However,

You have to consider why Sera said the observable universe should only be low universe level, especially since it's also an ambiguous term. Depending on your sources, it can be anywhere from 100 billion to two trillion galaxies, or anywhere from 46.1 billion to 93 billion light years. Not to mention it's literally defined as the part of the universe we can see from our location in space.

Part of the universe that we can see. It isn't like the Earth where we pretty much know all there is to know about the blue marble. It's kinda strange to assume, for example, the One Piece universe would be the same size as our observable universe when it's planets isn't even the same as our Earth. The observable universe is not even defined as the same thing as the universe.

Look up Universe and this is what comes up:

"All of matter and space; the cosmos"

Look up Observable Universe and this is what comes up:

"the part of the universe we can see from our location in space."

So basically, what Kaltias said works for and against him at the same time.

Is universe an ambiguous term? Yes. Is the observable universe defined the same as the universe? No. The contents of intergalactic space goes far beyond the observable universe. To what degree? We don't know but lowballing all universal feats less than infinite in scale to observable universe scale is wrong.

We shouldn't merge a High 3-A with any tier in that way. Instead:

• Perhaps 3-A should be Low 3-A (Observable Universe = Low Universe level)
  • High 3-A becomes 3-A (Baseline Universe up to an infinite universe = Universe level)
  • Low 2-C becomes High 3-A (4D space time continuum = High Universe level) because Tier 2 should just be Multiversal.
But, if you prefer Low 2-C over High 3-A, that's fine.

That's my take on this whole scenario. Two perspectives, one supporting the Wok/Matt/Azzy suggestion (with some adjustments) and one supporting Sera's Low Universe level suggestion (with some adjustments)."

I liked his retake on my argument, so I made a small adjustment to it:

"Criticism will be directed at the fact that we don't have a value for the whole universe. So I suggest tweaking Universe level to being all physical matter up to the infinite universe rather than just "the unknown universe"."

I'd first like to address Elizhaa's comment regarding Ven's suggestions in the previous thread:

Ven's proposals would result in editing hundreds of profiles.

Workload is the worst possible excuse for anything, especially when the purpose of said workload is to fix blatant inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the Tiering System we have been using for ages.

Now, moving on to the suggestions themselves...

The purpose of Tier 3 is to encompass ratings ranging from Galactic to Universal. A Space-Time Continuum is nothing but the full extension of the Universe, which includes the additional temporal dimension entangled with the three spatial ones we are used to, forming a 4-dimensional Manifold. Arbitrarily stopping at the material contents of the Cosmos is... well, arbitrary, and basically done for no reason.

Likewise, Tier 2 is supposed to address Multiverses and things that involve the existence of multiple of these manifolds, randomly sticking what is just an extension of Universe level into it is honestly nonsensical and goes against its very definition.

Hence, I am in full agreement with the suggestions.

I should note that my main problem with 4-D starting at low 2-C was because it seemed like a significant change in standards for not so convincing of a reason.

But if we're redefining the "universe" tiers anyway then my apprehension to "4-D starts at low 2-C (or high 3-A I guess)" is vastly decreased.

This is if we are redefining the tiers.

I agree with Ultima. Tier 2 is literally named "Multiversal". Not to mention Low 2-C is a subtier to 2-C despite being it's own separate tier. If anything. 2-C would logically be a subtier of 2-B and no I am not suggesting we make it Low 2-B either.

What I'm saying is Universe level+ shouldn't even be a subtier to Low Multiverse level. It's the peak of Universe level. It should be High 3-A.

I also agree with Ultima. Forgive me guys but workload is not an excuse. We have plenty of members that are willing to help us. The issue if trying to force all the work on the limited staff alone.

@Andy

Understood. The plan is to, if necessary, redefine the Universe tiers. It's practically required at this point.

Regarding the workload part, pretty sure that it's possible to take care of all the assorted tier changes with a script (Don't remember who knows how to use said script, but someone in the staff used it for a previous revision)

I don't really care that much about the tier names so I won't argue for or against that particular change

Whether we make High Universe level+ Low 2-C or High 3-A or stick to Matt/Azzy's suggestion with Ven's tweaks is fine with me. I am a bit bothered by the the fact that Low 2-C is a sub tier to the wrong tier. It would've made more sense if Low 2-C was 2-C and 2-C was Low 2-B, but...I guess that's something else entirely

This is about Universe level not Multiverse level.

It's still being discussed. The issue is nonstaff tend to lean more towards Low 3-A while staff tend to lean more towards splitting High 3-A between 3-A and Low 2-C.

Most staff are remaining neutral and the remaining minority of staff not even supporting a change at all.

If 4-D is to start at low 2-C, or high 3-A...but not high 3-A as in high 3-A but high 3-A as in low 2-C then I'm pretty sure we have to modify the definition a little bit.

Both creating universal time space continuums and being 4-D in a way that you transcend 3-Ds completely should be separately listed as conditions for being Low 2-C...or high 3-A.

Remove low 2-C from multiverse tier... Take it down a peg..????

High 3-A = Universe level+/Space-time continuum/timeline tier..????

3-A (or 3-A∞/+) = Infinite 3-D power tier...????

Low 3-A (or just 3-A) = Observable universe level tier???????

---

Edit: maybe move everything below 3-A down.. Observerable universe is now 3-B multi-galaxy 3-C Galaxy level 3-D... or make galaxy tier its own..????

edit2: maybe there shouldn't be a baseline for Universe level... perhaps we could just leave it at 3-A with baseline still being observable universe level with 3-A capping at infinite 3-D power... And High 3-A still be universe level+/Space-Time Continuum level????? if that makes sense...

edit 3: the reason for all the question marks is that im not for sure what everyones thoughts are.....

edit 4: perhaps 3-A and infinite 3D power (current High 3-A) should be merged??? With Observable universe level still being baseline...????

i am sorry for bad spelling....

High 3-A's might get some hax like Concept manipulation for Time Destruction on a limited scale.. Time hax for time destruction on a limited scale... or maybe higher dimensional manipulation for creating/destroying time/the 4th dimension/ on a limited scale with, perhaps, a "possibely higher" rating..?????

Andytrenom said:
There is a problem I see with Ven's changes. If observable universe becomes low 3-A and infinite 3-D becomes the cap of 3-A, then what exactly will be the baseline for 3-A?
All matter and space.

We literally used to rank that as High 3-A though.

I honestly don't want low 2-C to go. It looked cool on profiles and I was my favorite tier. It's kinda an OCD thing.

Low 3-A seems unnecessary as observable universe, when that would could just be baseline 3-A.

I'm severely OCD and Universe level+ being a subtier to Low Multiverse level triggers it.

However I'm not going to force it. The definitions and borders are far more important.

I should also mention I don't mind the Matt/Azzy suggestion, but only if we differentiate transfinite and infinite 3-A with a 3-A+

Okay. So the current consensus is mostly to create a tier Low 3-A, merge together 3-A and High 3-A to 3-A, and rename Low 2-C to High 3-A?

You should preferably ask Azathoth, DontTalkDT, and Matthew to comment here regarding that suggestion.

Anyway, I am not at all comfortable with letting any non-staff members help out with an important wiki revision, as it is crucial to get it done accurately, and although I do not have to monitor the edits of experienced staff members, I would have to inspect and correct the ones from inexperienced non-staff, and I simply do not have enough available hours to verify several hundred extra edits in a single day on top of my usual extreme workload. Also, we have around 60 staff members. They should be more than capable of handling this taken together.

Promestein and Darkanine use a script that can be used for these types of changes, yes, but Darkanine is usually busy IRL nowadays, and Promestein has handled several similar tasks lately and will also organise our upcoming staff recruitment drive. We cannot expect her to handle all of these types of projects on her own.

Some, but generally less so than the staff, and there are around 60 of us. This type of comparatively limited project should be rather easily manageable if people are willing to help out.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Remove low 2-C from multiverse tier... Take it down a peg..????
High 3-A = Universe level+/Space-time continuum/timeline tier..????

3-A (or 3-A∞/+) = Infinite 3-D power tier...???? (i used an infinity symbol)

Low 3-A (or just 3-A) = Observable universe level tier???????

---

Edit: maybe move everything below 3-A down.. Observerable universe is now 3-B multi-galaxy 3-C Galaxy level 3-D... or make galaxy tier its own..????

edit2: maybe there shouldn't be a baseline for Universe level... perhaps we could just leave it at 3-A with baseline still being observable universe level with 3-A capping at infinite 3-D power... And High 3-A still be universe level+/Space-Time Continuum level????? if that makes sense...

edit 3: the reason for all the question marks is that im not for sure what everyone thinks...

edit 4: perhaps 3-A and infinite 3D power (current High 3-A) should be merged??? With Observable universe level still being baseline...????

i am sorry for bad spelling.... these were just things i came up with...

High 3-A's might get some hax if shown to have some 4D capabilities like Concept manipulation for Time Destruction on a limited scale.. Time hax for time destruction on a limited scale... or maybe higher dimensional manipulation for creating/destroying time/the 4th dimension/ on a limited scale with, perhaps, a "possibely higher" rating..?????

Edit 4 is the Matt/Azzy suggestion. Ven just strongly suggest we differentiate between transfinite universe level and infinite universe level

He says observable universe to transfinite universe = Universe level

Infinite Universe = Universe level+

Meaning:

Change Low 2-C's name to High Universe level.

What is a transfinite universe...? For someone like me that is uneducated lol x D

Edit: nvm.. i answered it myself...

Edit 2: question... what wil the baseline be...? isn't all matter and space (∞ 3D power) a little too high for 3-A?? I am not aganist it the "Low 3-A and ∞ 3-A", but all matter and space as baseline for universe level seems high.. (nvm this has been answered)

Ogbunabali said:
Low 3-A seems unnecessary as observable universe, when that would could just be baseline 3-A.
A region of the universe shouldn't be considered baseline. That's like making the surface of the Earth baseline planet level. There is only one relevant argument as to why we should keep it but only Saikou has voiced that reason. Everyone else just keeps saying "3-A should stay observable universe" without elaborating on why. The only reason would be we don't know the size of the rest of the universe but that doesn't matter since it's literally ever-expanding.

Potentially 23 trillion light years in diameter last I checked, containing a volume of space that's over 15 million times as large as the volume of the observable universe.

The God Of Procrastination said:
What are current estimations of the entire universe?
We can only make inferences based on the laws of physics as we know them, and the things we can measure within our observable Universe. So I assume Sera's in the right ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back