• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Post Crisis Superman 4-A durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask DC knowledgable members. Sandman and Matt are good to go to.

He was taken on a "test drive" and destroyed 10 star systems. that doesn't imply it did it all at once. If you take a car on a test drive and drive it for 10 kilometers, that doesn't mean you crossed them all at once.

Well, it's not his only 4-A feat , but Post-Crisis does have the problem of not knowing where his real feats end and his outliers begin.

However, i am also curious about that test drive statement, as the scan itself does just say "it was tested once, 10 systems died", and nothing about it being used over a period of time, but i may not be getting the full context. Anyone know what comic the scans come from?

According to DC wiki, the Void Hound first appeared in JLA #111 and last appeared in JLA #114, both from 2005.

Probably some time between then, I could try to look myself.

How you found any pages that mention the "test drive" or the device being used to destroy the ten systems over time, instead of just one attack like implied?

So i also looked into it, and the best i can see when it comes to the scale of its destruction is when it destroys about 5 solar systems back to back, and mentions it destroys them because they were "in it's way."

Solar System rampage

SS rampage 2

There's nothing else stated about the test drive throught the issues.

And yes, those star systems were in its way because it was headed towards Earth's star system. Earth was its prime target, those star systems were just merely unlucky to get in its path. In the following issue, it seems that the Void Hound was influencing the pilot's mind to act out of insanity and bloodlust, so that could explain the unecessary destruction of those star systems.
RCO011 1469349029

But yeah, it seems to destroy the Systems over time, rather than all at once (at least that's what i'm interpreting.) so i don't think this feat would constitue 4-A.

I agree with Jared on this one, combined with the fact that most of Supes' best dura feats are Solar System level (Including Flash's IMP, not sure why it isn't in Supes' profile, since he can do it too, and its recoil only knocked him out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back