• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade to Power of the Verse - Maou Gakuin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to clarify that this is only a thread to upgrade the overall power of the verse, and not upgrade the cosmology.

This upgrade will give Pre-Silver Sea and Post-Silver Sea keys to a few characters.

This is what I wish to add to the Verse's page:

Before the events of the Silver Sea, low tier characters are Building level with Superhuman speeds and mid tier characters are Mountain level with Subsonic speeds. The top tiers are Large Planet level with FTL speeds. During the events of the Silver Sea, we are introduced to deeper world inhabitants, who are all likely Universe level with possibly FTL+ speeds. All characters that take part in the events of the Silver Sea thus become likely Universe level with possibly FTL+ speeds, as they are capable of keeping up with and even harming deeper world inhabitants.

Something to note is that Pre-Silver Sea will be Volume 1-10 of the series, and Post-Silver Sea will be all Volumes after that.

My reasoning for why this upgrade should happen is as follows:

Pre-Silver Sea
I believe mid tier characters, meaning the characters who aren't shown to be extremely weak or extremely strong in the series, should get Mountain level with Subsonic speeds, because later in the series these characters put up a fight against other characters who go head to head with Lay, like the soldiers of the Dragon King's Country Agaha. While they aren't able to beat these characters, they still put up a decent enough fight, and thus I scale them to Mountain level via the Anos vs Lay fight. (They clearly aren't 5-A, but they're strong enough to be scaled to 7-A). City level could also be given to these characters.
They get Subsonic speeds since they've reacted to attacks that seem "instantaneous", but is actually just faster than the eye.
The top tiers would stay the same.
Low tier characters would stay at Building level, but get Superhuman speeds.

For Post-Silver Sea, it's gets more complicated. Chapter 493 of the WN has most of the info I'm about to give you.
During the events of the Silver Sea, we find out that there exists a multiverse with countless universes and 99+ layers, with deeper layers being more powerful than shallow layers. The following quote is used to explain the difference between layers: "In this little world, which exists deeper than your little world, the power of all things is in another dimension. Strength, speed, stubbornness, magic, everything. Even a grain of air is a weight to you. If I unleash a spell to destroy your shallow world, it won't be able to destroy a single ship here."
What this means in the context of the story is that a spell capable of destroying an entire world in a shallow layer, meaning a 3-A structure, isn't capable of destroying an ordinary object in a deeper layer. Anos also says, "It is indeed stronger than the matter of my world."
The deeper world inhabitants we get introduced to are all considered strong in their deeper worlds, and are all more durable and easily capable of destroying ordinary objects from their deeper worlds, which should put them at likely Universe level.
As for speeds, the deeper world inhabitants are all said to be at least faster than Lay, who has FTL speeds. It is supported by the following quote: "But in that earlier game I was holding back. Even after I went easy on him, the man (Lay) couldn't keep up with my speed."
With that said, I believe all deeper world inhabitants should get possibly FTL+ speeds, but FTL to a higher degree is also acceptable.
In later events of the Silver Sea, characters like Lay and others who were inferior to deeper world inhabitants, are all capable of keeping up with and even harming deeper world inhabitants. That should thus put these characters at likely Universe level with possibly FTL+ speeds (Speeds matching the deeper world inhabitants).

Last edited:

Scroll down a bit

Okay, so apart from mid tier characters becoming City level, the rest is accepted?

Also, low tier characters aren't necessarily getting an upgrade, since they stay at Building level. I have no clue how they got that in the first place, so I can't provide a calc for that...

If they are going to profile other characters sugirp put conceptual manipulation on Sasha and Misha, targets in book 4 destroyed origins, Misha can invoke a lower version of the castle of Anos to absorb the particles of the castle in the eyes, she used this to erase the origin of a man back at the beginning of book 4, Sasha can use Bebbzud, although she hasn't yet mastered it for the past arc.

I saw a link to this discussion thread in the edit history for the verse to justify upgrades, but now discover that none of the suggested upgrades have been accepted by any sysops/administrators, bureaucrats, or regular discussion/thread moderators.

(Wiki thread moderators only have authority over the internal wiki forum, not regarding these issues.)

As such the changes to statistics based on this thread should be reverted until that happens.

Don't really follow CRTS for this verse much due to my inherent dislike for untranslated stuff, well more so cause i dislike not knowing how things get to that point.

But anyway, don't know where Building level and Superhuman comes from, scaling the mid tiers to Mountain/City level seems arbitrary, if they can somewhat put up a fight against people who can go head to head with Lay, who is large planet level, they are Large Planet level just to a lower extent.

Universe level and FTL is fine with me for Post-Silver Sea.

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you for helping out.

What Celestial Pegasus has accepted can probably be applied in the profile pages then.

From the OP

"I believe mid tier characters, meaning the characters who aren't shown to be extremely weak or extremely strong in the series, should get Mountain level with Subsonic speeds, because later in the series these characters put up a fight against other characters who go head to head with Lay, like the soldiers of the Dragon King's Country Agaha. While they aren't able to beat these characters, they still put up a decent enough fight, and thus I scale them to Mountain level via the Anos vs Lay fight. (They clearly aren't 5-A, but they're strong enough to be scaled to 7-A). City level could also be given to these characters."

Scaling the mid tiers to Lay cause other characters can go to toe to toe with him, they can put up a fight. explain how putting up a fight against a 5-A character makes the mid tiers only 7-B? Unless i am missing something here and Lay is getting a 7-B key too?

I suppose that we should wait with deciding anything until an agreement has been reached here then.

I saw a link to this discussion thread in the edit history for the verse to justify upgrades, but now discover that none of the suggested upgrades have been accepted by any sysops/administrators, bureaucrats, or regular discussion/thread moderators.

(Wiki thread moderators only have authority over the internal wiki forum, not regarding these issues.)

As such the changes to statistics based on this thread should be reverted until that happens.
Sorry. It was an honest mistake on my part as I didn't know any better. If I make any future CRT's I'll be sure to wait for the approval of someone with the authority.

As for the mid tiers, I should've given more context to why I think 7-B. A group of soldiers were able to go head to head with Lay. The mid tiers are able to put up a fight against about 2 of these soldiers simultaneously. After reading what other people had to say, I also think we could make Lay's tier "At least 7-B, likely 5-A" and then scale the mid tiers off of that. Reason being that Lay has 7-B feats, and the 5-A is because we scale him to a suppressed Anos.

**Building level isn't an upgrade to the low tiers. They've always been Building level, and most likely got that from Sasha destroying the golem. I gave them Superhuman speeds as they all have Superhuman Physical Characteristics, tho that's probably not a good reason...

Last edited:
In fact the basis for FTL + does not even exist, being infinitely superior is not something that can be scaled since it is not a number that to differentiate from FTL, for me I should continue FTL which is what makes the most sense.
Now over the middle layers they should be supersonic speeds, characters like Ray and Ydol could attack 200x in 1 second at the beginning of the work

Don't really see the reason for Lay being At least 7-B, likely 5-A, he fought Anos who is 5-A, he is weaker, but he isn't like 10,000x weaker. Anos has 7-B feats too, and the 5-A feat hasn't even shown up in the translated WN, it's from the LN from what i heard, if Lay also fought Anos in the LN, he should scale, unless there is some proof, Anos was stronger doing the 5-A than when he fought Lay.

Honestly the 5-A feat is beyond anything i have seen so far, really begs the question of outliers, but i can't argue that cause of my lack of knowledge, i heard stuff about Anos having world destroying spells or whatever.

Last edited:
Anos has a calc for 5-A, and I believe there's a link to it in this thread. The 5-A feat happens in volume 4, which is currently being translated. As for Lay, I suggested the "At least 7-B, likely 5-A" since I thought it would be easier to scale the mid tiers then. Lay does at least deserve 5-A, since he fought against a 5-A Anos. As for the mid tiers, I've already given my reason as to why I don't think they should get 5-A, and suggested they get 7-B since there was already a 7-B calc. Giving them something higher than 7-B is fine, but I honestly don't think they deserve 5-A.

Anos' world destroying spells give him 3-A, since world means universe and not planet in the context of the story.

**I suggested FTL+ speeds since deeper world inhabitants basically speed blitzed Lay, who has FTL speed.

Last edited:
To me, if Lay is 5-A, cause he fights a 5-A character and the mid tiers can fight ppl who can fight Lay then they are 5-A, there is no reason for them to be 7-B, other than 5-A seems high, despite the feats supporting it.

If there is no definitive number given you can't just make the deeper world inhabitants FTL+, what they should have is an At least FTL rating.

Given my thoughts here, don't much else to say so taking my leave.

I am personally fine with Celestial's evaluations.

Thank you for helping out.

I then suggest we give mid tiers "At least 7-B, likely 5-A". I will once again explain why I don't believe they should get a solid 5-A.

The mid tiers are able to put up a fight against 2 soldiers. This was mostly a battle of strength. Lay went head to head with about 10+ of these soldiers. In their battle with Lay, they also had some precognition abilities, that made it possible to see into the future and choose the ideal future they want. Their battle wasn't just a battle of strength. When about 4+ soldiers ran up to Lay, without the precognition, he easily beat them. That means 4 soldiers =/= 5-A. With just a few more soldiers and the precognition, they were able to fight head to head with him tho.

I won't deny that putting up a fight against characters who are 5-A as a group means that you should also get 5-A, but the mid tiers weren't able to put up a fight against the 5-A group. They were able to put up a fight against 2 characters from that group of 10+.

Sorry for not explaining this better in previous replies.

Other than that, I'm fine with the rest.

Last edited:
^This would be a good idea to bring up too.

I've seen enough of Maou Gakuin's Silver Sea that I'm actually curious to know about this too...maybe worth to check out the specific passages that mention it?

Wait how is Base Misha/Sasha 7-B? Sorry I only watched the anime but yeah I don’t know why she’s that tier

I obviously still disagree with CP. Anos was way weakened back when he fought Lay, not to mention that his 5-A feat would come MUCH later in the story, so I do agree just making Lay 7-B is a far better option than scale him and a weakened Anos to a feat he hasn't even been made and where Anos was much stronger.

Well, I am not sure what to do here then. Can somebody suggest a working solution or some other staff members that I should ask to help out?

To me the solution is simply what I told people ages ago but they ignored me: Give Anos a 7-B key for thee time on which he was weakened (aka, the first few volumes of the series). It solves absolultely all scaling problems in this CRT, sine it accounts for Anos being weaker than normal and doesn't make it so people scale to a feat that hasn't even happened.

My problem is also about the mid tiers. I want to know are Misha and Sasha gonna scale to 7-B because we are assuming they are that strong or because they actually are mid tiers

As I said there are countries in the plural, that is to say there are more than one, Dillhade and Azeshion are said to have more than 100 million inhabitants in the mythical era, which should give half of Brazil, with that one must already have the basis for the size since there are no visual scans from these countries at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back