• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upside Down Man/Great Evil Beast revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. My bad then.

It still seems like too much of an inconsistency for the writer to hype up a new threat though.

Also, previously it was the dark half of The Presence, not the dark side of magic.

And even if they did all of this pails in comparison to wielding the Great Darkness as a sliver of ones power.
Thats kind of the point. Once again, Perpetua wielded the totality in verse which includes the CU and the Sphere

Okay. My bad then.

It still seems like too much of an inconsistency for the writer to hype up a new threat though.
How so?
Also, previously it was the dark half of The Presence, not the dark side of magic.
It was the absence of the Presences light. I don’t recall it ever being a half of the Presence. And it’s more of all horrifying possibilities. As the Otherkind were continuously depicted as horror like the Great Evil Beast.

Thats kind of the point. Once again, Perpetua wielded the totality in verse which includes the CU and the Sphere
Once again, that still doesn’t put her depowered state beyond UDM who wields the Great Evil Beast as a sliver of his power.

She was at full power when she regained the totality. Likewise, being vastly more powerful at "nearly full power 1-C or less" is the root of the issue.
No she wasn’t. A fraction of her power was still missing. This is also backed by the author who directly clarified that her power has been diminished.

A fraction of her power was still missing
Yes, meaning she was nearly full power. Then she regained the totality, her full power, which is how she beat the Ultra Monitor. Once again, this version is 1-C in the multiverse and still far far more powerful than Hecate.

Yes, meaning she was nearly full power. Then she regained the totality, her full power, which is how she beat the Ultra Monitor. Once again, this version is 1-C in the multiverse and still far far more powerful than Hecate.
The scan stating a fraction of her power remains came after she already beat the Ultra Monitor. You clearly didn’t read the comic.

And that’s completely ignoring your terrible argument that Perpetua at low 1-C is full powered even though the whole point of the distinction between her 1-C state and her 1-A state is that she’s weakened. Meaning 1-C Perpetua will always be less powerful than 1-A Perpetua.

Last edited:
The scan stating a fraction of her power remains came after she already beat the Ultra Monitor
It doesn't change anything, in fact, it strengthens the argument. She was nearly full power with Hecate's power and was still only capable of destroying universes one at a time, and is still 1-C or below.

And that’s completely ignoring your terrible argument that Perpetua at low 1-C is full powered even though the whole point of her 1-C state is that she’s weakened
She still had the totality which includes Hecate's power.

It doesn't change anything, in fact, it strengthens the argument. She was nearly full power with Hecate's power and was still only capable of destroying universes one at a time, and is still 1-C or below.

She still had the totality which includes Hecate's power.
“With Hecates power.” You do realize UDM and Hecate draw magic from the Source and not the totality Perpetua hoarded right?

She was literally endowed with the energies that made up the universe at creation.
No she wasn’t. She shaped herself out of the magic surrounding the still forming Multiverse. Once again, where is the proof that a depowered Perpetua wielded Hecates full power?

No she wasn’t. She shaped herself out of the magic surrounding the still forming Multiverse.
I am referring to Perpetua, obviously.

Once again, where is the proof that a depowered Perpetua wielded Hecates full power?
The Totality includes Hecate's power, likewise Perpetua has been consistently portrayed, even in her in-verse state, as the strongest being in DC. Her storyline becomes nonsensical if Hecate and UDM are more powerful than her.

I am referring to Perpetua, obviously.

The Totality includes Hecate's power,

Doesn’t matter. At low 1-C Perpetua isn’t at her full power. She’s specifically weakened inside of the Multiverse.
likewise Perpetua has been consistently portrayed, even in her in-verse state, as the strongest being in DC.
Maybe at full power. When she was depowered she literally needed to be babysat by Lex and BWL.

There feats say otherwise.
Their*

And no, they do not. Considering Hecate as superior to Perpetua breaks the cosmology, which is why that line of reasoning has been rejected. On top of the fact that it was retconned.

Superiority to the Great Darkness > causing bleed space to fall a part.
Being that created the CU and wields it's power > the CU

Their*

And no, they do not. Considering Hecate as superior to Perpetua breaks the cosmology, which is why that line of reasoning has been rejected.
No it doesn’t because Perpetua is depowered.
Being that created the CU and wields it's power > the CU
Perpetua created the Collective Unconscious at full power. And a full powered Perpetua as I already said is more powerful than Hecate. It’s a depowered Perpetua that I believe is not superior to Hecate since she has no feats matching a being that’s > to the Great Darkness.

No it doesn’t because Perpetua is depowered.
She said she was nearly full power, which would still place her well well above Hecate.

Perpetua created the Collective Unconscious at full power.
Which means nearly full power Perpetua is still >>>> Hecate.

It’s a depowered Perpetua that I believe is not superior to Hecate since she has no feats matching a being that’s > to the Great Darkness.
Nearly full power Perpetua was still greater than Hecate, and we were told explicitly that the beings in the Sphere saw BWL and Perpetua as beings in a league of their own. This storyline becomes nonsensical trying to scale Hecate above them. Plus she canonically isn't.

She said she was nearly full power, which would still place her well well above Hecate.

Which means nearly full power Perpetua is still >>>> Hecate

Nearly full power Perpetua was still greater than Hecate, and we were told explicitly that the beings in the Sphere saw BWL and Perpetua as beings in a league of their own. This storyline becomes nonsensical trying to scale Hecate above them. Plus she canonically isn't.
I don’t know why you keep saying she was “nearly full powered.” The word “nearly” is never used in the scan. A fraction of her power was still missing. And you have no proof a depowered Perpetua is beyond Hecate as I’ve been literally debunking you at every corner.

The word “nearly” is never used in the scan. A fraction of her power was still missing
Fraction: a small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something.
"he hesitated for a fraction of a second"

Nearly: very close to; almost

So, if Perpetua is only missing a tiny amount of her power, she is very close to or almost full power.
AKA nearly full power.

And you have no proof a depowered Perpetua is beyond Hecate
Other than the fact that Hecate is part of a power source Perpetua wielded and is far above? Right.

as I’ve been literally debunking you at every corner.
Was that the part where you accused me of scaling to the divine presence when I wasn't, or the part where you didn't know what nearly meant, or the part where you keep saying Perpetua is weaker than the being she created, whose power she wields?

Right. I guess you have the same relationship with the word "debunk" as you do with "fraction" and "nearly." I've debunked you this entire thread, now you're just repeated the same defeated arguments as a couple of weeks ago.

Deagonx: Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Fraction: a small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something.
"he hesitated for a fraction of a second"

Nearly: very close to; almost

So, if Perpetua is only missing a tiny amount of her power, she is very close to or almost full power.
AKA nearly full power.
That’s not the point. The point is that you’re stating “she’s nearly full” to act like the difference between a weakened Perpetua and a full powered Perpetua is negligible which is wrong and goes against what we’re literally told by Scott Snyder.
Other than the fact that Hecate is part of a power source Perpetua wielded and is far above? Right.
Once again what you’re referencing is what Perpertua did at her full power/true state. Not her weakened and depowered state.

Was that the part where you accused me of scaling to the divine presence when I wasn't, or the part where you didn't know what nearly meant, or the part where you keep saying Perpetua is weaker than the being she created, whose power she wields?
It’s the part where you didn’t even know that Perpetua gained a portion of her power after she fought the Ultra Monitor.

It’s the part where you tried to interpret a weakened Perpetua as = to a full powered Perpetua despite Scott Snyder telling us otherwise.

It’s the part where you tried to say Perpetua destroyed the sphere of gods with 0 proof.

And it’s the part where you had 0 proof of Perpetua using Hecates power at a weakened state.

Although it seems the Great Evil Beast being of the sliver of the Upside Down Mans power was added to the profile. So what needed to be done has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back