• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Velvet (RWBY) revision

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Velvet shouldn't have High 8-C durability, she was one shot by a mech as soon as the latter actually landed a hit. It should be 8-C scaling from the rest of the team

I also don't think that she should be High 8-C with all her copied weapons, she was doing almost no damage excluding when she used Nora's hammer and Penny's swords (Kinda weird for the former to be High 8-C though). With stuff like the copied Crescent Rose she should be 8-C+.

Her striking strenght should be 8-C+ as well

Full fight for reference

Didn't she cut off the one of the paladin's arm with Gambol Shroud. Oh right I think she also managed to pierce it's armor when she threw the copy of Gambol Shroud at it.

Blake's weapon? She threw one in its face stabbing it and managed to cut its hand.

Make of that what you will, my point is that definitely not all the weapons are High 8-C

It doesn't make sense for them to have different strengths tho. If some were weaker and stronger why would she switch? I agree with the durability thing though.

I mean, she slashed it with Crescent Rose and did nothing, punched it with the Ember Celica and only staggered it, even when she shot it with Coco's machine gun she wasn't doing much

I disagree, its very evident that she has stronger and weaper weapons and she wasnt in any way oneshot, she got up seconds later

I mean, that was my point?

Some are High 8-C and managed to do actual damage, some clearly aren't because they were doning nothing

Also the mech sent her flying and Weiss had to save her. And isn't our new take on Aura that it can take a few High 8-C attacks but the "normal durability" is 8-C+? I recall Dargoo making a thread for that something like a month ago

Nah her page only say High 8-C, and 8-B with Penny's energy beam.

I wanted to do something like 8-C with X, Y and Z weapon, High 8-C with the weapons that scale, 8-B with the energy beams

The weapons themselves having a different AP when they are just basic melee weapons doesn't make much sense, especially when in reality they are all just projections coming from the same source.

Yeah it's just the user that makes the weapons cause more damage not the weapons themselves (for the melee ones of course).

Crescent Rose = No damage

Ember Celica = No damage

Whatever is the name of Weiss' sword = no damage

Gambol Shroud = Causes minor damage

Nora's hammer = Needed to aid herself with the recoil to cause actual damage.

Velvet's striking strength is not High 8-C, that much is clear.

And she wasn't doing any real damage using Coco's machine gun either.

If it's shown that different copies have different strength I don't see what's the problem with having a page that reflects it accurately

That's like arguing when different attacks that team RWBY did on the mech had different AP. Some hits do more damage than others but not so much that it's a completely different tier of damage.

It does make sense that Magnhild does more damage since it's a hammer but there's no reason to say that the difference in damage is large enough to warrant a different tier.

Except that the point is that Velvet herself isn't punching with High 8-C strenght, if she needs to abuse the recoil to do actual damage.

I don't she ever used the recoil with Magnhild which was the one that knocked one of the arms off or with Gambol Shroud that cut through.

I'm not able to look at the video right now so just tell me if I'm wrong.

There was smoke coming from the hammer so i assume she was using both.

Also, Gambol Shroud didn't do that much damage. She stabbed its face but the mech was perfectly fine afterwards. She wasn't cutting through it like butter like she did with Penny's swords.

I'll agree that Penny's swords aren't actually her swinging them but instead the swords swinging themselves mechanically. Still not convinced about the others though

Back