• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgamesh vs Ainz

Very outdated, reasoning assumes that Gil can one shot, that Ainz will start with Grasp Heart rather then Time Stop, that Gil can resist all instant death abilities Ainz has because he has magic resistance, and that Gil's precog is always active, which are all currently considered incorrect or fallacies.

And while we're at it, Ainz vs Accelerator uses faulty reasoning, including (but not limited to) assuming Ainz uses Grasp Heart before time stop, assuming that Grasp Heart has vectors, assuming that Grasp Heart doesn't have a instant death effect, assuming that Ainz will be killed by his own instant death abilities, and that Ainz will refuse to use items against Accelerator

I'm pretty sure that's just the activation, not the move itself. Regardless, the other points still stand.

All of Luke's victories should be removed since every battle is like this:

>Battle starts

>Luke thinks and istantly mindhaxes the oppoenet in to submission via quadrilliom mind hax

>Luke wins

and since none of his opponents has thought based hax of their own he will always win 100% of the time

so all the matches are stomps

Sonic's time Stop is thought based as is Kaguya's Eternity Manipulation

Plus I'm pretty sure we discussed that shooting first isn't a stomp

Kaguya's eternity maniulation activates slower than luke's mind hax, so she will always get mindhaxed before she can pull it

and sonic doesn't ever start In-character with time stop and having 0.1% of winning is still a stomp in my eyes

also i'm pretty sure

1. It was never actually discussed

2.A stand off where one of the two gunners has a 100% chance of shooting first is a stomp

Actually schnee, the one time I asked about stomps and such, it was said that killing the enemy 10 times out of 10 is a stomp, regardless of why.

If your enemy litirally cannot win, it's a stomp.

If you, your opponent, or both of the combatants have to act extremely out of character for one fighter to have a single scenario in which they can win, its apparently not a stomp for some reason

Not adding matches because a character doesn't ultilize their powers well is not reasonable. A stomp is when one cannot win, not when they are too stupid, emotional, etc. to do so.

But it's like so bad Hahahaha

for example

James Bond versus a toddler, but the toddler has an existence erasing light speed weapon, but the kid hates violence and doesn't even know what it is, But it's not a stomp because the kid could win

It's clearly still a stomp hahaha

A stomp is when a character has 0 or next to 0 chances of winning, them having a way to win they would never use doesn't change that

imagine a 9-A vs a 10-B that has planetary soul hax that he would rather die than use

that would still be a stomp even if the latter has a way to win

[Ninja'ed]

That is not... the kid would be willing to kill by sba.

They couldn't win because Bond can, and would, just not attack head on.

Something that isn't a falce equivalency is a tee against someone who can, say, erase on touch. Maxwell will just stat amp himself and charge head on, doesn't mean he got stomped.

Let's just continue on, this discussion about what's a "stomp" will go on forever.

TheArsenal1212 said:
But it's like so bad Hahahaha

for example

James Bond versus a toddler, but the toddler has an existence erasing light speed weapon, but the kid hates violence and doesn't even know what it is, But it's not a stomp because the kid could win

It's clearly still a stomp hahaha
This reminds me I need to remove Bond vs Kirito

Overlord775 said:
A stop is when a character has 0 or next to 0 chances of winning, them having a way to win they would never use don't change that
imagine a 9-A vs a 10-B that has planetary soul hax that he would rather die than use

that would still be a stomp even if the latter has a way to win

[Ninja'ed]
The next to zero is something you made up. No one ever decided that.

That is not a stomp, no. A character being too stupid to use th eir powers is not a stomp, because they have a chance, but don't use it.

A stomp is a character being able to immediately able to win against another, whether it is via battlefield removal, incapacitation or killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics. Loosing due to CIS is not a ground to something being a stomp.

Overlord775 said:
because a character having only 0.1% chances of winning is totally fair
A character being too stupid, prideful, etc. to win despite being able to is not a stomp. The few times it was discussed it was never accepted, so at least make a crt for it because you thinking it's a stomp enough to say it work on it's own

If you want to (or anyone else wants to) discuss it further, a general discussion or my wall would be the place for it.

Yeah sorry risci I don't think I agree on that. Even if the kid was willing to use it, it's still a stomp because he'd never win. Bond would be too skilled and just stop him from using it and one shot himself. Kid wouldn't even be able to lift the weapon due to a lack of strength anyway hahaha

TheArsenal1212 said:
Yeah sorry risci I don't think I agree on that. Even if the kid was willing to use it, it's still a stomp because he'd never win. Bond would be too skilled and just stop him from using it and one shot himself. Kid wouldn't even be able to lift the weapon due to a lack of strength anyway hahaha
If you want to (or anyone else wants to) discuss it further, a general discussion or my wall would be the place for it.

The very page disagrees with you on that, so saying you don't agree won't get you anywhere.

@Ricsi

My comment came in after you guys agreed to stop. I really hate when that happens.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Ricsi
My comment came in after you guys agreed to stop. I really hate when that happens.
Slow internet, I guess.

That, or you were writing that for four minutes.

A bit of both actually. My phone is slow and I was paying attention to something else and didn't hit reply and didn't notice because I just woke up.

Emps vs UKG was already addressed in that thread. If UKG becomes 2-A it can probably incap, as we don't allow emps to interact as a full warp god with himself as a projection.

As for the stomps thing, no I wouldn't call that James bond example a stomp. A characters strsight up has an instant win button but just doesn't use it? Too bad for them. I'd also say this applies when a character's fighting style gets them the loss, like if they don't use their range advantage or something.

If you can't tell, i was the one that weekly was sneakily referring to eith his comment about not liking that argument. Weekly I don't really care if youre gonna talk about my stuff, just mention me by name next time so people who have an issue can actually take it up with me.

Yobobojojo said:
And while we're at it, Ainz vs Accelerator uses faulty reasoning, including (but not limited to) assuming Ainz uses Grasp Heart before time stop, assuming that Grasp Heart has vectors, assuming that Grasp Heart doesn't have a instant death effect, assuming that Ainz will be killed by his own instant death abilities, and that Ainz will refuse to use items against Accelerator
That's literally not even how the fight ended at all lmao

It ended with morals and mindsets into consideration

Simple as that

Ainz is calculative and would take his time analyzing accel which is normally a good thing but against somebody who can literally kill you with minimal effort..no

Accel killed ainz cause ainz will take his precious time trying to study him when this version of accel is devoid of conventional morals and would go for the kill the instant the fight starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back