• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Very Minor Yukari Addition(s) 2: The Plot Thickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome that a completely shotgunned bloated CRT got more attention than one that just wants to add a couple of abilities lol, this is crazy

It's off topic, but it seems the staff are no longer even interested in discussing in that thread right now. I understand why, though.
It was a completely shotgunned, bloated thread filled with inaccuracies that would never pass through on their own, but when forced together like this alongside 3 other CRTs (a limit everyone else has been standing by, btw) it becomes much harder to parse through, yeah, it makes sense nobody wants to interact with it.

We cant even get simple threads for minor ability additions through, no idea how they expected that to go through

Last edited:
It was a completely shotgunned, bloated thread filled with inaccuracies that would never pass through on their own, but when forced together like this alongside 3 other CRTs (a limit everyone else has been standing by, btw), yeah, it makes sense nobody wants to interact with it.

We cant even get simple threads for minor ability additions through, no idea how they expected that to go through
  • Saikou spent so much time in non-Touhou threads and especially in SCP that he might have forgotten how long it normally took for a Touhou CRT to even get 2 staff votes. I don't know him personally, though, so take it with some salt.
  • Ultima never got involved in a Touhou thread before (as far as I know anyway) so he has no idea how much longer it would take for any staff member to give a comprehensive account on everything and may not even be aware of the relentless complaints from Ant and other staff about the constant CRTs Touhou gets. He and others certainly did not know that another huge Touhou thread concerning NEP and High-Godly regen got its funeral because the only staff who commented got banned and no one else seemed to care. Other staff like DontTalk and LordGriffin are clearly busy on their own stuff.
  • Maverick said that they'll make a comment on the matter and felt that the Touhou thread isn't so big it warrants being split up and was not as complicated as people made it seem. Afterwards it was radio silence. Moritzva and Prom have obviously moved on and Sir Ovens refused to say anything.
Then again, it has been less than a week, so maybe there is a tiny chance that that thread could get back to life. But I would not be surprised if people have little choice but to shut it down and actually split it up.

Anyways, I might look up on it from time to time but I probably won't say anything. I will not derail any longer and my stance on this CRT has not changed.

LATEST EDIT: I apologize for derailing this thread over things that happened in another CRT as well as any potential gossip or misinformation I spread about the people I mentioned at the time.

Last edited:
Bump

Let's not try to get into fights over the other thread, I think it's good that it might just die due to a lack of input. If that happens, I can try to make a CRT more properly elaborating on certain things that were called into question, like making a speed explanation blog, describing Kaguya's time stop/causality manipulation in more detail, and so on.

Bump

Let's not try to get into fights over the other thread, I think it's good that it might just die due to a lack of input. If that happens, I can try to make a CRT more properly elaborating on certain things that were called into question, like making a speed explanation blog, describing Kaguya's time stop/causality manipulation in more detail, and so on.
Trying to make a speed explanation blog & a discussion rule regarding Infinite speed would probably be for the best honestly. Would avoid a lot of future headaches, hassles, and would avoid taking up time that could be spent trying to properly index the verse.

Trying to make a speed explanation blog & a discussion rule regarding Infinite speed would probably be for the best honestly. Would avoid a lot of future headaches, hassles, and would avoid taking up time that could be spent trying to properly index the verse.
True, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm even allowed to do that given the ongoing downgrade.

Though at this rate, I don't think anybody is going to evaluate that thread anyways.

I'm sorry but I disagree that Plot Manipulation, mainly killing something to do with verse narrative is not plot manipulation. There is no aspect of manipulation here..... At most NPI

Sealing and everything related to the sealing should be limited. Why? Well. The sealing is limited to whether the opponent takes the drink or not. The rest seems fine to apply.

I'm sorry but I disagree that Plot Manipulation, mainly killing something to do with verse narrative is not plot manipulation. There is no aspect of manipulation here..... At most NPI
What? The genre absolutely has to do with the verse narrative. Touhou being a bullet hell series is why major parts of the lore like spell card rules exist; If the genre changed, those parts of the story would also change. I also don't get why it'd be NPI... what kind of NPI would it even be?

For a comparison, imagine taking a series like Berserk and using hax to change it into a sci-fi romance novel. Would that not be a form of plot hax?

Sealing and everything related to the sealing should be limited. Why? Well. The sealing is limited to whether the opponent takes the drink or not. The rest seems fine to apply.
Sure, that's fine. Yukari has some of the other hax already, so they wouldn't need to be limited.

What? The genre absolutely has to do with the verse narrative. Touhou being a bullet hell series is why major parts of the lore like spell card rules exist; If the genre changed, those parts of the story would also change. I also don't get why it'd be NPI... what kind of NPI would it even be?
Show me evidence of genre manipulation. NPI because it is interacting with a fundamental aspect of a narrative but there is no evidence of alteration or manipulation.

Show me evidence of genre manipulation. NPI because it is interacting with a fundamental aspect of a narrative but there is no evidence of alteration or manipulation.
The scan says "the tip of Yukari's finger decides its life and death" in regards to STG, which is the video game genre that Touhou is. The scan is basically saying that Yukari can "kill" video game genres, including the genre her own world is a part of.

Exactly, "Kill", killing a genre would destabilize the plot, but it is not because Yukari is manipulating the plot, but because when a fundamental aspect of the narrative is destroyed, it would destabilize it, here there is no manipulation of the plot by Yukari.

Exactly, "Kill", killing a genre would destabilize the plot, but it is not because Yukari is manipulating the plot, but because when a fundamental aspect of the narrative is destroyed, it would destabilize it, here there is no manipulation of the plot by Yukari.
If it's affecting the plot, even if Yukari isn't directly responsible, we could still use something like "Plot Manipulation via chain reaction (Can "kill" abstract genres of games, which would cause several changes to the plot as a result)".

Like, you admit she's affecting the plot, you just disagree that she's doing it directly. Either way, it's worth indexing that she can affect the plot somehow.

Nope. I am not admitting that the plot is affected, but a part of the narrative that is the genres. For plot manipulation the requirement is that the plot is manipulated, do you understand? Manipulated and here there is no manipulation on Yukari's part.

The only thing I can think of is to list the feat as NPI and adding "Can kill genres that are part of the world's narrative".

Nope. I am not admitting that the plot is affected, but a part of the narrative that is the genres. For plot manipulation the requirement is that the plot is manipulated, do you understand? Manipulated and here there is no manipulation on Yukari's part.
Uh

Destabilizing the plot and narrative sounds like affecting the plot to me.

The only thing I can think of is to list the feat as NPI and adding "Can kill genres that are part of the world's narrative".
Yeah, I'm fine with that, I just think we can also say it's indirectly affecting the plot.

I do at least want it to be acknowledged that it's similar to plot hax in function. Like, theoretically making the genre of a world a gritty detective story or something would probably make it so magic or advanced technology would disappear from that world. Just indexing what the ability is capable of is fine enough I guess.

Destabilizing the plot and narrative sounds like affecting the plot to me.
i mean to say that Yukari ain't doing that.
Yeah, I'm fine with that, I just think we can also say it's indirectly affecting the plot.

I do at least want it to be acknowledged that it's similar to plot hax in function. Like, theoretically making the genre of a world a gritty detective story or something would probably make it so magic or advanced technology would disappear from that world. Just indexing what the ability is capable of is fine enough I guess.
Fine with me. Although I think the definition I proposed covers that aspect.

Just because I am confused by your logic, how would you define manipulation? Because the definition I am looking at, Yukari's interaction with the plot fits the bill. Here's another one.

Again, she is only interacting with aspects of the narrative by killing genres, she is not manipulating the plot in any way by doing so, but the narrative itself does, even more so here on the wiki in which plot manipulation is not so easy to get, our standards are very strict. I don't want to sound rude, but either you accept this or you will have to bump it 100 more times for someone to get their heart (like me) to evaluate this, which I doubt.

Edits are done, I just listed the feat under NPI. This can be closed now, I'm fine with the functions of the feat in question being accepted, even if I don't the funy epic plothax on the profile itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back