• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voidborn and battlecast

Why the battlecast have the same skills as their originals if they aren't voidborn and don't seem to use void energy in any way?

Because they are the voidborn, the Battlecast are voidborn that were upgraded by battlecast viktor

Didn't their in-game description say they are low-tech mass produced weapons? Nowhere said their brains are from the true Vel'koz and the others, we only know they have living brains and their design is based in the voidborn.

yeah i find it very strange too there are plenty of skin lines which seems weird to be stronger then the original

battlecast are only based off of the voidborn but they arent them

The Battlecast have different versions of the originals powers. Vel'Koz was able to absorb informition from live beings, BC Vel can absorb only from "lifeless wreckage" as far as we know, Cho'Gath absorbs matter and use it to grow, BC Cho grows using nanites, and even if they are upgraded versions, they are still low tech mass produced weapons made by Viktor, i can't really see they having void powers, unless Viktor has feats of interacting and creating technologies with the void.

Deerofdreams said:
OH YEAH quick thing should the mecha skins and the battlecast skins be scaled of of eatchother?
Nope, theyre confirmed by the devs to be two different universes

@Drag The fact that the Battlecast line exists at all is a feat of Viktor interacting with and creating technology using the Void

So technically he should get resistances, thanks for pointing that out

No it isn't, it would be if the living brain inside them was from the original voidborn, but it isn't as far as we know, the only thing they have are the originals' design and low-tech science to simulate the originals' powers.

uhh can someone give me a source on the whole they are the actual voidborn but cyborgs thing

i thought viktor was just using the design of them not the actual entity itself

Battlecast are just robots based on the old void-king champions, but not them.

The Battlecast Universe is one ravaged by war. All the Champions are dead/extinct and the Batttlecast version is a reforged version of them. It clearly stated in the lore that they are machines made by Viktor and showed in the Videos how Vel'koz and other attacks/skills are mechanized weapons, not void kind.
Its says "based on the now-extinct Vel'koz lifeform", not being the same Vel'koz. It also states how there are more than one Battlecast machines of the same type/champion making impossible to be the old one.

Stated in Videos/Lore and show in Video. Normal Vel'koz, Q for example - bolt of energy, while Battlecast one is a Rocket.

It's not the same, as this one is a full mechanized version excluding it's "living brain". Whose brain it is not know as there are a multitude of the same Battlecast champion, thus the same brain can't be in more than one Battlecast Vel'koz.

They are not technologically improved upon their abilities/being. They are a mechanized version of the old ones. Viktor may make them stronger as in the potency of its attacks but its properties. They are machines, not the old one which had the void kind abilities.

They are simply stronger with normal weapons - rockets/laser/drones/etc.

The creator of the Battlecast machine army, Viktor has perfected the art of transplanting living brains into low-tech, mass-produced weapons.
Transplanting living brains into low-tech, mass-produced weapons. See, not the old ones. Normal living brains into low-tech, mass-produced weapons.

If no further proof of Battlecast Champions having their originals' powers will be showed, i think it's fine to remove said abilities from their Battlecast Keys, also i think a greater CRT should be made to change any skins that upscales from their original without proof, like the skins Project (Leona is L6B powerscaling from 4B Pantheon, and Project Leona is L6B for scaling above the original) and possibly others.

Project is another thing, while Battlecast is something else. They aren't from the same timeline.

I know, i said it because the Project (like the Battlecast) scales above/have the originals skills without really showing it, at least i can remember a small country level for Project Leona.

Battle cast are canonically mechanical voidborn as even their abilities state that they use void powers

Project is canonically superior to their base forms

WeeklyBattles said:
Battle cast are canonically mechanical voidborn as even their abilities state that they use void powers
ability discriptions never change though with any skin thats kinda an unspoken rule with skins

also still noone has given me a source on them being the actual champs but changed by viktor all the skin discription said was that they were based on them

Leona has Low 6B with the reason she scales above Pantheon, who isn't L6B anymore, and thus L6B Leona comes from nothing, but anyway, this tgread isn't for it.

Where does their abilities say they use void energy? And where says Project is stronger than the originals?

i think i know why leona can still be low 6b

the old pantheon before the rework was considered 6b but since the rework happened hes now not BUT the old panth still existed within the universe the old panth was the human being just an avatar for the aspect of war, new panth was once old panth but he died and got erased by aatrox new panth was born from the human full connecting himself with the aspect of war and by sheer will alone he came back

this could mean we need two keys for pre rework(avatar) and reworked (true) pantheon

anyways i believe hes reffering to the base skins abilities ingame and their discriptions but they dont change between skins

yeah the avatars of aspects are all pretty much low 6B the true forms are 4B

Anyways i think this is fine to change the profiles

Skins would generally scale to their original counter parts unless said otherwise due to occam's razor. Same thing with abilities, though I can agree with battlecast not doing the same since their lore is very different. But only with battlecast as those are vastly different to their canon counterparts in creation all together.

The Low 6-B scale to the power of aspects when they embody a human but dont give then too much power like in Zoe or Pantheon' case. they also fought each other like Leona and Diana.

While we're at it im just gonna go ahead and add soul manip to Viktor's profile seeing as PROJECT Xerath is the result of him transferring human souls into mechanical bodies

hey also i was thinking do we think that pre reworked panth should be a key because in-lore that is what he was before he died by aatrox i think

Back