• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Idk who wants to sabotage her, if they want to sabotage her, or if they are just so sensetive they'd fit in a early 18th century drama
**** early 18th century drama, imma watch this play out til it becomes your average soap opera (drama for literally no reason and arguments that stem from the flimsiest of issues)

this would mean that vsbw would have to become anarchaic since a CRT cannot be passed without Staff approval and most staff aren't gonna play Whoopsie-poopsie 15 on the NES that some random person decided to revise, just as an example.
No but it demeans supporters of said verse. It's no secret staff decide everything in the end but they ain't the ones proposing CRT's.

But let's be real here for a second, Fuji getting reported every time she does a single move towards GOW is sus as hell right? I mean let's be perfectly honest here it ain't normal for someone to get reported for the most minor shit this consistently the moment they step into a GOW CRT.
Tbf I have never seen someone to get free from so many reports smh even ignoring the stupid ones

No but it demeans supporters of said verse. It's no secret staff decide everything in the end but they ain't the ones proposing CRT's.
I mean, it's everyone's right here to make a CRT. If there was a "supporters-only" then there's no point in this community, you can just go to a discord with GOW supporters as most do.
If someone sees something that is blatantly wrong on a profile, why can't they change it? If something is wrong in their approach, then it's your job to prove them wrong, as otherwsie there'd be no point in having profiles or CRTs in the first place, since those serve as a way to present and prove the power of some character.

I'd like to see people play the games before they get involved in the verse, seems very simple
Damn, can't believe the 75k words of research and countless profile reworks, verse powers, threads, and miscellaneous materials written for Touhou were all for nothing because I didn't play the games. Sad to see the revisions canceled after nearly 2 straight years of work, but it is what it is 😔

Damn, can't believe the 75k words of research and countless profile reworks, verse powers, threads, and miscellaneous materials written for Touhou were all for nothing because I didn't play the games. Sad to see the revisions canceled after nearly 2 straight years of work, but it is what it is 😔
You haven't played touhou?

Good. Scrap it. My Warhammer crt will remain the longest crt on the forum then.

I mean I stopped giving a shit about God of War threads, I just didn't like what I was seeing. But maybe my threshold for what isn't acceptable behavior is just different from others - hence why I commented the way I did. If nothing comes of this, that's fine, I just don't like seeing that sorta thing.

I don't like seeing a lotta things tbf, like any type of accusation of motivated reasoning, regardless of how true it may be. It just makes things less amicable and I'm not fond of that

I'm awful at bullet hell games and fighting games. I have played a bit of PCB and 100thBM, though I haven't beaten any of the games.
This is also excluding fangames, of course.
Bruh. This removes all form of nuance from a series if you ain't gotten into it. Dedication aside, you can watch someone swing a sword on youtube all day but that doesn't make you a swordmaster (unless you got power mimicry). Play the games bruv

Bruh. This removes all form of nuance from a series if you ain't gotten into it. Dedication aside, you can watch someone swing a sword on youtube all day but that doesn't make you a swordmaster (unless you got power mimicry). Play the games bruv
What, just because i havent played all the games in (insert series here) makes me a nonfan? what kinda argument is that

I'd like to see people play the games before they get involved in the verse, seems very simple
Eh, this response comes up a lot in various verses but I think it falls flat. When we write a justification for an ability we should present the evidence in a way that makes it clear that the character has that ability even if they hadn't played the game or read the book or watched the series etc. I don't need to ask someone to read a bunch of DC comics to know Superman can fly and has heat vision, I can just put the scans that clearly demonstrate it into the justification.

Eh, this response comes up a lot in various verses but I think it falls flat. When we write a justification for an ability we should present the evidence in a way that makes it clear that the character has that ability even if they hadn't played the game or read the book or watched the series etc. I don't need to ask someone to read a bunch of DC comics to know Superman can fly and has heat vision, I can just put the scans that clearly demonstrate it into the justification.
Neutral opinions are important on site for establishing indexes. Being a fan of a series you haven't directly interacted with is different

Last edited:
Imagine being a fan of a novel series and not reading the novels. It just seems weird.
I mean, you can still learn about the characters and whatnot through osmosis and other fans. Sure, it isnt as great as actually interacting with the source material, but what if, say- your bad at the game, cant afford said novels, or (insert reason here). Not everyone has access to everything.

Yeah. Im a touhou fan. I dont play the games because im terrible at them, but i know what i know through osmosis, reading, watching videos, and just generally hanging around fans that have been blessed with the opportunity to interact with the material

But thats just my opinion.

Finally somebody said it.

If anybody here remembers the MGK drama, that was pretty similar to this. Just constant RVR reports over nothing, spurred on by me downgrading a verse.
I really don't wanna be the guy to say this, you're generally nice to talk to and all, it's just that while I think you've got a point - I don't think that's entirely the reason. Especially earlier on (as this has changed as of recently), your attitude toward these threads and the supporters opposing them wasn't exactly amicable. For the lack of better phrasing, it was like you were taking the piss in doing these, and I can understand people not being a fan of that and finding it reportable.

Now, was every report warranted? No, some were ridiculous, there's no denying that. But I think that attitude compounded with the fact that you were downgrading these verses is how this all happened. I don't wanna make this a heated thing, which I know is kinda counterproductive given what I'm saying - how can I be saying "damn your behavior is not that great" while also wanting a more amicable discussion? But, it's just my two cents, and I don't mean to offend. If I did, I apologize

I mean, you can still learn about the characters and whatnot through osmosis and other fans. Sure, it isnt as great as actually interacting with the source material, but what if, say- your bad at the game, cant afford said novels, or (insert reason here). Not everyone has access to everything.

Yeah. Im a touhou fan. I dont play the games because im terrible at them, but i know what i know through osmosis, reading, watching videos, and just generally hanging around fans that have been blessed with the opportunity to interact with the material

But thats just my opinion.
Sail the seven seas

Back