• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Want some help

area = 13100000 km^2
Average continental crust thickness = i believe 35 km
Volume = 458500000 km^3 or 4,585e23 cm^3
Pulverizarion = 214.35 j/cm^3

So the energy is 9.8279475e+25 joules, about 23.9 petatons of TNT, Multi-continent level

I wouldn't call destroying the crust down to 35 km the standard assumption but aye

ye, moreso meant that if this feat were stated I wouldn't assume "gee they must mean it destroyed all the way past the crust of the earth".

yeah so for a surface wipe you'd probably want an explosion with a diameter equal to that of Siberia

Well, assuming it covers all of Siberia, it would also assume some decent chunks of other countries are caught in the crossfire. Looking up Google, Siberia is 9000 km at it's longest, so a 4500 km calc would be good for the nuclear calculator. For me, I got Y = ((4500/0.28)^3)/1000 = 4151102405.25 Megatons or 4.15110240525 Petatons which is Continent level+

Edit: I F'd up, that were Russia's width. I can't really find width for Siberia only Surface area. But Siberia's should be noticeably less that that for sure.

Siberia.jpg

Use this to scale.

Back