• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Lifting Strength Revisions

So would this be able to be used, at least for Vulkan only until someone else demonstrates comparable power/stated to be stronger? Would we consider their profiles as their averages, or their peaks when their power canonically changes around?

We could just give it to him and not scale to the others then. Obviously the other Primarchs aren't on Magnus levels of psyker power, so why can't Vulkan also be far above the rest in one way?

@Kep

I mean, Vulkan sorta threw a wrench into things, but at worst we could do something like "At least Class M, likely Class Y" for Vulkan and people who scale to that feat.

What becomes of the named custodes that are scaled slightly below the Primarchs?

Would anyone scale to Vulkan lifting strength wise? If one wants to be safe, they could just consider that something that he just happens to be way better than at compared to the other Primarchs, and give the others the scaling to Angron.

Wokistan said:
Would anyone scale to Vulkan lifting strength wise? If one wants to be safe, they could just consider that something that he just happens to be way better than at compared to the other Primarchs, and give the others the scaling to Angron.
IIRC, one of the Beasts grappled with him, and I definitely don't think they should be >>>> every Primarch but Vulkan, hence why I think using Angron's as a low-end and Vulkan's as a high-end is probably best, since Vulkan's feat explicitly took lots of effort.

A beast nearly killed him, iirc, and Orks fluxuate in power even more than everyone else due to how they work. If one wants to use a "at least Angron, likely/possibly Vulkan" for them and the people they scale to, that should be fine.

Vulkan was also using his psychic powers to help him accomplish the feat, manipulating Gravity and all. Between this, Corax, and Sanguinius in Ruinstorm I suspect that all Primarchs have the potential to be as powerful as their Daemon counterparts should they tap into their power.

Which helps to explain the fluctuating ratings they have in the books, going from "Comicbook Superhero" to "Unstoppable God"

lots of comic book superheroes are from tiers 4 to 2 though

That would make sense, and their daemonic states are similar to a forcible awakening by the Chaos gods as they want to draw out all that latent power sooner rather than later. There's also how GUillman got a lot stronger post resurrection.

You know what I mea.

It's just that in a lot of books, primarily earlier stuff, the Primarchs' capabilities are depicted as being around the scale of "Can destroy tanks and vehicles, can survive being hit with almost any weapon or gun, and is so fast bullets move in slow motion to them".

Contrasted to modern books where they're going crazier with them.

Primarchs wouldn't be the only ones to have been growing in power either. Just look at Eldrad and Ahriman now compared to earlier versions, though Eldrad does have his whole crystallization problem. I believe there was indication that Abaddon is getting stronger as well, though don't remember that specifically. Speaking of which, who does he scale to lifting wise? Primarchs, or top tier Astartes?

Eldrad is definitely a lot stronger in more modern lore than he used to be. And his increase in power and relevance is born out of a line originally intended to be a baseless boast.

Abaddon does get stronger too. He's not as strong in Talon of Horus / Black Legion as he is in the current setting.

Eldrad basically went from "Incredibly powerful psyker" to "Messiah of his race and a step away from godhood"

In an attempt to rerail the thread a bit, I feel that we can have primarchs and others at that level use that variable lifting strength, figure out who to scale Abaddon to, and we should be good.

Probably. The other known alpha plusses are there, and even Ahriman has several tier 4 feats. Iirc he got physically beat by a Primarch at one point, which indicates 4-B dura. I feel like Malcador is one of those characters who's missing a lot of stuff for some reason, which books does he feature most prominently in, if you happen to know?

Back