• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wave vs Penny (Speed Equalized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penny's swords aren't denting Grand Chariot in any way, beam haxxorz though likely will. Beam haxxorz isn't her opener though, it's more a last resort than anything.

Intelligence-wise, they're both stupid to a fault so not really much of an advantage for both.

Penny is pretty much stationary. Wave would probably bullrush her like he normally does and will actually work this time with speed equalization as opposed to him never, ever hitting Akame. That might just knock her out as speeding up will boost his attack potency enough. If not, Penny wins by strength advantage.

Wave 5.5/10

I just saw this and must point out, Grand Chariot is impenetrable unless a Teigu is used against it.

That sort of durability is a sore case of NLF, since that implies that anyone without durability negating hax will be unable to leave a dent in him.

Anyway, even with Grand Chariot, Penny still has a significant DC advantage. While he can fly, Penny can probably match him in mobility in an urban environmen thanks to her wires. In addition, we still haven't seen her go all out, with all of her current feats being rather casual at best. She can probably match him in close combat too due to being strong enough to easily stop a speeding truck with ease. Her range with her swords also far exceeds Wave's melee attacks, allowing her to keep him at bay if she wants to.

All in all, I still feel that Penny has a significant advantage here.

Another thing, we have not seen Grand Chariots trump card. Not to mention Wave getting a second Teigu.

Now that Waves second Teigu is Mastema that puts him faster then her, capable of long range attacks and Mastemas trump card allows it to immediately reflect any attack, I give the win to Wave. His Grand Fall skill with Mastema boosting it, is easily capable of Multi-City Block Level. Possibly Small Town Level.

I wouldn't make assumptions yet. Unless you have links to the raws everything you've just said is speculation. Besides, it takes time to master a Teigu's Trump Card, assuming that Wave can use it right off the bat is absurd. We still don't know how Grand Chariot will interact with Mastema anyway, so let's not jump to conclusions.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/577251 this is the site for the raw. The fact that he's capable of using it right off the bat means that his ability to use the trump card shouldn't be hard at all.

It's not loading for me... but I'll take your word for it.

Still don't think he takes this quite so easily though. Penny is very casual and she's literally crushed all of her opponents with ease. Who knows how effective she'll be once she gets serious. She's naive and childish, but not particularly dumb, using the cover of CRDL against them to catch them off guard.

Remember, Speed is equalized in this fight, so no blitzing.

It won't be easy. I know Wave like the back of my hand, so I know it won't be a stomp. However, he has a lot more experience at fighting then she does, and stood toe to toe with Syura in a unarmed fight, in which Syura expressed, and Budo, that he is far superior in unarmed combat. But yet, Wave won, having been told by Esdeath that his potential has reached the max. So, the edge has to go to Wave in intelligence and experience.

I'll give you the point in Intelligence and Experience due to Penny's naivete. She shouldn't be immediately overwhelmed in close combat because 1. she's a robot so it'll be metal against metal and 2. her nature gives her strength on par with Grand Chariot's. Her swords also work in close combat, so there's that too.

Close combat, I see going to Wave as Penny doesn't really move at all. She stands in one spot and shoots swords which I don't see penetrating Grand Chariot.

Distance goes to Penny because lasers which will hurt bad.

I'd like to see how Grand Skyfall and Penny's lasers react to each other, else, I see Wave 6/10 due to skill/intelligence.

Wave is quite adept at figuring out his opponents. I think he would be able to realize that she is a robot, figure out a strategy to beat her. I don't think he'll go long range to do it.

The thing is, we know a lot about Wave, but not a whole lot about Penny. She's been in combat for all of two episodes while Wave has had several dozen chapters since his reveal to show off in a myriad of fights.

Since its not said he can't use Mastemas trump card, if he uses it, that makes Pennys laser attack ineffective. Either way, his durability far out does that anyway.

Put it this way. Penny's been shown in combat for all of three minutes, tops. Yes, Mastema reflects attacks, and yes, he has the mobility advantage. But how do we know she doesn't have other tricks up her sleeve? We don't even know her top speed or firepower (everything thus far has been extremely casual) and almost all of her stats are based on powerscaling. Heck, we don't even know her Semblance yet.

What you're doing is pitting a character with established facts about his stats and abilities against a character without established facts about her stats and abilities. It just doesn't work.

Well, we could just make do with what we have. It's what's being done with Saitama anyway (albeit Saitama having hellofalotmore screen/panel time).

What we know of her so far.

She's strong enough to pull down a bullhead (aerial vehicle)

She has blades controlled by her thoughts, strong enough to stab through concrete and steel, and has durable enough cables to pull a bullhead down to the ground without snapping

She barely moves, seriously, her fights thus far only feature her jumping backwards, lift something or pull something with her blades and cables, then smash it to the ground

She has a laser with a long casting time, but is good enough to cut a bullhead like a hot knife through butter, and has enough range to, I guess it would be a city-block or two in distance maybe?

She is strong and durable enough to catch a speeding vehicle with only cosmetic damages (her fake skin got torn off her hands)

She is socially-inept, has deficiencies in basic human knowledge and she doesn't plan at all, she only follows orders or just reacts to danger (e.g. saving Ruby, catching the vehicle)

That's pretty much it. So, what conclusion do we draw from this? I'm still with Wave on this, especially now that he dual wields Teigus to boost his Grand Skyfall (Idk the name but it's the closest I can associate with his big-ass-jump-from-the-sky thing).

Gemmysaur said:
Well, we could just make do with what we have. It's what's being done with Saitama anyway (albeit Saitama having hellofalotmore screen/panel time).
What we know of her so far.

She's strong enough to pull down a bullhead (aerial vehicle)

She has blades controlled by her thoughts, strong enough to stab through concrete and steel, and has durable enough cables to pull a bullhead down to the ground without snapping

She barely moves, seriously, her fights thus far only feature her jumping backwards, lift something or pull something with her blades and cables, then smash it to the ground

She has a laser with a long casting time, but is good enough to cut a bullhead like a hot knife through butter, and has enough range to, I guess it would be a city-block or two in distance maybe?

She is strong and durable enough to catch a speeding vehicle with only cosmetic damages (her fake skin got torn off her hands)

She is socially-inept, has deficiencies in basic human knowledge and she doesn't plan at all, she only follows orders or just reacts to danger (e.g. saving Ruby, catching the vehicle)

That's pretty much it. So, what conclusion do we draw from this? I'm still with Wave on this, especially now that he dual wields Teigus to boost his Grand Skyfall (Idk the name but it's the closest I can associate with his big-ass-jump-from-the-sky thing).
Lol. Grand Fall. Yes. There is enough evidence to show that Wave is the conclusive victor. And if we see new things about Penny in the future we bring this back up again. That's how it works. But as of now with what we have been shown, it's a obvious victory for Wave.

So that's a wrap then. I guess the waves of victory flow towards the shores of...dammit Yang and her puns.

I still don't think this is fair, putting a nearly featless character versus a character with plenty of feats, but if that's the way things go.

Could've had the battle closed til more feats are introduced but..well...yeah.

Wave isn't exactly full of feats as well, hell, he gets flung out of panel for most of the fights I remember him having.

I guess he just makes use of his panel time better than Penny making friends but yeah, he does have more presence.

Gemmysaur said:
Could've had the battle closed til more feats are introduced but..well...yeah.
Wave isn't exactly full of feats as well, hell, he gets flung out of panel for most of the fights I remember him having.

I guess he just makes use of his panel time better than Penny making friends but yeah, he does have more presence.
This is true. If you have a problem with this, make it know to the person who made this.

Drellix said:
I have made the necessary edits to not make Wave the winner on his page. Can someone edit Penny's?
So we make it so that the battle is disregarded temporarily due to lack of feats for Penny?

Gemmysaur said:
Drellix said:
I have made the necessary edits to not make Wave the winner on his page. Can someone edit Penny's?
So we make it so that the battle is disregarded temporarily due to lack of feats for Penny?
no. She has enough feats to be considered a combatant. We can just bring it up again once we see more.

Drellix said:
no. She has enough feats to be considered a combatant. We can just bring it up again once we see more.
Oh. So it's fine then. The wins/losses are on their profiles already, or did you put that there?

Anyway, regardless, thread up for close then?

Gemmysaur said:
Drellix said:
Oh. So it's fine then. The wins/losses are on their profiles already, or did you put that there?
Anyway, regardless, thread up for close then?
I put it on Waves. I'll get it on penny's later.

We'll leave it open.

I don't know if everyone here has seen the new episode of RWBY, but I believe this is a complete victory for Wave now.

The way things are now (after relatively recent RWBY upgrades), Penny would cream Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back