• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weekly's Surprise? - Ryley vs Kondraki

First going to say that Kondraki's illusion creation and stealth options are going to monumentally screw with Ryley, as he has no meaningful way to counter them past the Scanner, which would only really tell him how 408 functions and not really help him distinguish between the illusions it creates or get past the butterflies cloaking Kondraki. The Grav trap, however, can help him a lot if he manages to locate a group of butterflies.

However, Ryley has a number of counters to Kondraki's camera spam, namely his suit, which will protect him from the burns and blindness, which are typically how Kondraki closes matches with his opponents, greatly decreasing the options Kondraki has. Ryley's kit benefits from prep, although many of its weapons are more than enough to incap and then put Kondraki down, meaning the Doctor will have to abuse his illusions and stealth as much as possible, although that hasn't really stopped him against enemies with much better hax, such as 531-D.

This is very close, much closer than many will think because of how much Ryley's gear seems to counter Kondraki's abilities. He'll still be screwed by the illusion creation and invisibility, which will give Kondraki ample time to get some hits in with firearms. Boooterflies also has a good deal of regen, and can increase his physical abilities with the pendant, meaning that the longer Kondraki drags this battle out, the more likely he's going to win. He's also in a tight situation, though, as many of Ryley's weapons can hit a lot of the cluster as well as timeslow the doctor himself.

I'm going to go Kondraki on this for now, although I'm very inclined to change my vote with more arguments on the table. I see Kondraki entering stealth and shifting Ryley's visuals of the environment much like he did with Clef in Incident 239. Ryley's only real chance to defeat the doctor is when he initially attacks with his camera and grenades, although I still personally see Kondraki figuring out that he's wearing a heat-resistant suit and just shooting him from a distance and from stealth.

Kondraki FRA for now.

Ryley...may actually take this. Konny is going to have a hell of a time getting past Ryley's time stop gun, and Ryley being High 8-C means he has the PRAWN suit, which means Ryley will have access to both the Propulsion cannon which will easily hold Konny in place and potentially just send him flying, as well as gravity torpedoes and his acidic gas torpedoes

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryley...may actually take this. Konny is going to have a hell of a time getting past Ryley's time stop gun, and Ryley being High 8-C means he has the PRAWN suit, which means Ryley will have access to both the Propulsion cannon which will easily hold Konny in place and potentially just send him flying, as well as gravity torpedoes and his acidic gas torpedoes
This is all assuming Ryley can locate Kondraki in the first place. As it stands he has no way of counter Illusions (Which can be large enough to change the appearance of entire locations such as part of a rainforest or the hallway structure of a site) or Invis, while Kondraki can maneuver around him and utilize his firearms.

Kondraki's first move is definitly to have the cluster cover him and start creating illusions, especially with such a large starting distance, whereas it isn't assured Ryley would resort to the Propulsion cannon or his torpedoes immediately, something that he would need to get Kondraki through 408 barriers.

WeeklyBattles said:
Im aware, hence why i said its extremely close, the boooterflies are Konny's saving grace here
Oh, I thought you were voting for Ryley, that's why.

Honestly I think this is better defined as Incon; Ryley only needs one clear shot with many of his weapons to down Kondraki or restrain him, whereas Kondraki has the tools he needs to drag the fight on as long as possible and wear Ryley down. Meaning it's really down to wheather Ryley can locate and fire on him first, or if Kondraki can outlast him.

It's funny how close this match is considering anyone in Subnautica in Ryley's place would have access to the same equipment.

How many Shark-Punching Centre pages do we have?

EDIT: Also, I don't think that's a good reason to put it at incon, there's still the matter of what each of them would do in character, and from what you've said Kondraki's much more likely to open with something to outlast than Ryley is to open with something that will one shot.

i'm thinking of going incon for rn, since if konny can use 408 before ryley can do anything, he can win by gradually wearing ryley down via illusions and 515-ARC, but if ryley attacks first, he can basically stunlock kon death with the time stop gun and propulsion cannon, although, as Dargoo said, ryley may not go all out to start, while kons first move is to spam illusions, but even with that ryley can semi-counter it with the time stop gun and break up 408 with torpedos once he realises what is going on

Reposting from my edit above.

Also, I don't think that's a good reason to put it at incon, there's still the matter of what each of them would do in character, and from what you've said Kondraki's much more likely to open with something to outlast than Ryley is to open with something that will one shot.

Agnaa said:
Reposting from my edit above.
Also, I don't think that's a good reason to put it at incon, there's still the matter of what each of them would do in character, and from what you've said Kondraki's much more likely to open with something to outlast than Ryley is to open with something that will one shot.
so konny FRA

(EDIT): I'm going back to Kondraki, but I'm still leaning Incon.

Votes would be:

Kondraki - 3 (HI3, Dargoo, Agnaa)

Ryley - 0

Incon - 1 (Weekly)

Ryley still has both the Grav Trap and Gravity Torpedoes which would bunch up the booterflies and break the illusion

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryley still has both the Grav Trap and Gravity Torpedoes which would bunch up the booterflies and break the illusio
If he doesn't know where the target he's firing is at, that's practically down entirely to random chance unless the area it covers is nearly the entire battlefield. Maybe if he fires after he hears Kondraki firing at him; but at that point he's likely to be recoiling from being pelted with bullets, giving Kondraki time to reposition himself.

(EDIT): I'll change my vote a third time and go Incon.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryley still has both the Grav Trap and Gravity Torpedoes which would bunch up the booterflies and break the illusio
thats why i was intially not going for konny, since even with the illusions, ryleys time stop gun and his gravity stuff will break the illusion, hurt 408 really badly, and would probably one-shot konny if one hit him or near to him, but even with that, kon would most likely be able to get himself and as many 408 as possible out of the blast radius, or use 408 as a defense against the grav stuff (since he has no counter for the time stop gun) and 515-ARC temp blindness will prevent ryley from being able to effectively use any of his weapons, even if he isn't really harmed by it

So from what I can tell,

Kondraki - 1 (Agnaa)

Ryley - 0

Incon - 5 (Weekly, Dargoo, Phoenix, Gargoyle, HI3)

...I just remembered Ryley has a thing called the Creature Decoy which attracts and distracts hostile creatures, which would work on 408

WeeklyBattles said:
...I just remembered Ryley has a thing called the Creature Decoy which attracts and distracts hostile creatures, which would work on 408
not sure if 408 we count as hostile, but it would probably still work, but it still might be difficult for the real ryley to get out of the illusion

ok, so konny wins if the disoriantation of the illusions and 515-ARC cause ryley to literally kill himself, either indirectly with the time stop gun ******* him even more or with his grav weapons, otherwise, inconclusive

Bump; you should edit the title to say there's only two votes needed as I think we're at a consensus.

Kondraki - 1 (Agnaa)

Ryley - 0

Incon - 6 (Weekly, Dargoo, Phoenix, Gargoyle, HI3, Kirby)

Back