• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It seems to be a type of conceptual manipulation, but not sure if it's one that falls under our standards for the ability.

Magic is also able to harm high ranking spirits when other stuff can't, and high ranking spirits are fragments of great spirits which are type 3 concepts.

Rimuru couldn't harm something so he combined his sword and magic, and cloaked his sword with the ideas, of strength, destruction and severance, hence he cuts though what he couldn't before.

So really something like ice manipulation is just the idea of ice projected into reality and so on and so forth.

Then from what I understand, they are simply coming up with an ability and gaining it in real life.

If they can create things out of their thoughts, it's Creation.

If they can create their own powers, it's Power Creation, which I would list under Power Modification since they are technically modifying their own powers.

DMB 1 said:
Then from what I understand, they are simply coming up with an ability and gaining it in real life.
I don't think that really fits the example given by the sword, rimuru wasn't "creating an ability" when he cloaked the idea of "Severance,destruction and strength" onto his sword.

I know that Tenesi is a really Meta series, however from what I'm understanding, he's simply imagining a power and using it in real life.

And it wouldn't be conceptual manipulation because you would need to modify/effect a concept to get it. He's just developing an ability by "looking at" a concept.

I'm not sure which ability that exists in this wiki fits well to this feat if Magic wasn't a thing at all. Magic will do its work faithfully. As strange as I can be, I think that the scans explain what magic is. Otherwise, it may be just a way for Rimuru to think.

My verdict is that this is good old Magic, whose definition is paraphrased by Rimuru. Compare our official definition "The ability to allow manipulating aspects of reality (or all of them), bypassing the known laws of physics" and Rimuru's definition "Magic is an idea projected into reality" except that actually the idea projected into reality is, well, an idea projected into reality. Explains itself.

Now let's explain my idea to define Rimuru's statement of the ability as Magic. When you're manipulating some aspect of reality (Space, time, matter, light, darkness, destruction, void, biology, love... Continue them yourself) you're making the idea of the manipulation real, not a simulation. Compare it to Rimuru's "Magic is an idea projected into reality". Such close meanings!

It's just Magic, there's no Reality Warping in there. Let's say a character had a superpower called "Frost Essence" which followed the idea of making the idea of "Frost" apply to something. By inserting frost into the environment, it could become a frozen environment and thus ice would be created, and it could also freeze attacks midair ("freezing" as an idea rather than its scientific variant) or create a cold that cannot be heated by normal flames or heat because it's not really the lack of thermal energy but the very idea of "frost" inserted in something so that it's now cold.

This would be... the most you'll likely see from Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken's magic. It only barely scratches the surface of conceptual manipulation, and most magic is really just "bringing the idea of Fire into reality" like a reverse All Fictio and therefore creating fire, for example.

When he creates strength, destruction and severance into the sword, he's really just buffing it by making it stronger, more destructive and better at severing stuff. There's no conceptual manipulation, at most properties manipulation or stats amplification.

Now, is it Power Creation? Not exactly, he had that power to begin with, it's just a new application. He's just mastering Magic as it works in the universe, and in this universe magic works by projecting ideas into reality.

How could I explain it... imagine that Mana is a type of energy that, while physical energy pushes physical bodies around, Mana can push an idea into reality, and the more mana you use, the stronger that manifestation will be, so by pushing the platonic form of Fire into reality (not saying it's a platonic form, it could also be just your vision of what fire is), you can create fire. It's also an ideal fire, like an imitation of normal fire, so it might have magical properties due to being a magical thing. This means you shouldn't assume lightning will have lightning speed or or light will be SoL unless outright stated, as even a laser created by magic is the idea of a laser projected materially, not a true one.

Nope.

They should also have resistance to magic, since every ultimate skill user resists magic.

Back