• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are some of your favorite Song Covers/Remixes?

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
Everyone has their favorite songs. But how many of you guys prefer the remixes to the original. As the title implies, this thread is meant to be a place where people can share their favorite song covers and remixes to breathe some life into the age-old "favorite soundtrack" or "soundtrack tier list" threads. Just remember to post the original too so we can compare and contrast. Remasters count too.

So yeah, go nuts.

Here are some of my favorites:

A Nico Nico Chorus cover of Senbonzakura. (Warning: Loud with lots of screaming, turn your headphones down).

One Track Noise's and Amanda Lee's covers of LiSA's Rising Hope ([[Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei|Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei's opening].

The Mythos Versions of Straight Ahead and Cannon Ball from Mega Man Zero.

Pelleks cover of Brave Heart pumps me up like no other

Peter Hollens cover of "Baba Yetu" is great. Civilization IV has an incredibly underappreciated OST by the way, highly recommend it. Better than Civilization Vs OST IMO

NateWantsToBattles cover of "Its Over, Isn't it?" is pretty nice too. Shoutout to Blue for showing me it

Jonathan Youngs English version of "HERO" and the Power Rangers theme is pretty kickass too. Power Rangers has one of my favorite main themes in shows. Period.

Poisonous Paradox's cover of "Butter-Fly" is really nice too.

EMIYA (Guitar Version) - Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

• This is just too kick-ass and fits the UBW adaptation of the VN.
Courage (April Fools Version) by AmaLee - Sword Art Online

• She sings really good, and the dissonance between the original meaning of the song and the lyrics used is just fun to hear.
The Sound of Silence by Disturbed

• Hands down, THE BEST cover I have ever heard. I say its better than the original due to the emotions conveyed.
Kiss The Girl by Johnathan Young - Little Mermaid

• It's just so much fun.
The Hero by Johnathan Young - One Punch Man

• This is kick-ass, someone should contact him if they want an english-only song for an anime dub like they do with Pokemon.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi by Nate Wants to Battle - Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

• He does the original song justice.

Back