• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What happened to Vampire Hunter D

Allegedly┬░, the original profile for D had a ton of dumb, unjustified and/or flat-out wanked stats attached to it, and was made by someone with a clear bias towards the character. Some consensus eventually led to the profile being deleted, as it was one of the only profiles based on the VHD-verse that we had.

Someone may or may not be working on bringing the character back to the wiki┬░┬░, but for right now, he's been nixed until someone can assess his statistics the right way.

┬░ I wasn't active on the wiki at the time, so I can't be sure whether or not this is the full story. This is simply what I was told when I got back.

┬░┬░ I heard that this was the case a while back, but I can't remember where, and I have no clue who's dealing with the task. I'm also uncertain as to whether or not this is the truth.

I see. Well if it helps, I'm pretty well versed in the franchise. I've read 15 VHD novels up until the one titled "Mercenary Roads". I could probably contribute to this topic.

I don't know what you mean by "wanked" stats specifically, but just a bit of heads up, D's powers has grown considerably from the fourth or so novel. To the point where he is practically a walking deus ex machina in many instances. He is not at all comparable to his incarnations from the anime. His most hax (or should I say whack) ability is probably developing powers we've never seen him have before whenever a new circumstance forces him to adapt to something extreme.

Anyway, if it's of any interest. I may be able to help

It looks pretty accurate. I can vouch for most of the things listed with the exception of some that have taken place after the novel "Mercenary Road" because I haven't read them yet.

One thing that I would like to comment on though, is that when listing D's stats especially those pertaining to AP and Durability, it must be made clear that in specific instances, his greater feats are due to special abilities/hax and not something as simple as physical durability or strength.

For example, while it's true that he has dealt with universal class powers and threats, his ability to overcome them is more likely linked to his powers of durability negation and severing the fount of life (which is the verse's version of lifeforce or vital essence). As such he has been able to defeat even gods that exist in different planes of existence.

Another offensive hax he possess is the ability to alter reality to a limited extent (perhaps by choice) . Even outside of the Akashic records, his skill with the blade has shown qualities that are metaphysical in nature. The most prominent example I can recall is when he literally wiped a mountain range (consisting of 8 mountains with heights from 10 to 15 thousand feet) in just under two seconds. No traces of debris whatsoever, effectively erasing it from existence.

In short, even if he can take down gods and universal threats, it's unclear whether by virtue of physical force alone, he could destroy a universe. I tend to think not.

Durability is also similar. Physically he has often been shown wounded. Being cut, dismembered, crushed, immolated, etc. These are all things he physically experienced. So his body does have limits, but it is compensated by his amazing regen. Lefty, the parasite living in his left hand, also contribute to his durability. It would absorb immense amount of matter and energy directed at D, making Lefty an additional layer of protection.

Perhaps most impressive hax wise though is D's own inherent characteristics. He has a certain quality of being that makes him highly resistant or downright immune to powers or abilities being used against him. Ability or powers negation is a prominent theme. With it, he has resisted being transmuted on a molecular level, and is even immune to reality alteration.

These qualities again makes me think that his durability isn't physical in nature but may be an extension of his ability to control reality to a limited extent (at the very least, reality as it relates to him). I feel stating this would be important so that readers don't envision him as some kind of Superman like being. Physically, he may not be that impressive, but hax wise, the guy's kinda broken.

I can compile numerous examples of his feats that can be categorized into different tiers from the superhumanly mundane to godlike insane to support the profile page if it ever becomes necessary. Just let me know.

Update

I'm still reading the novels but I have been delayed as college has been very hard. As of now I have finished the first novel and nearly finished the second

"Possibly 2-B"

With all this, he might just end up being the most powerful 2-B on the wiki once we have him again. And I don't say that sort of thing lightly. Or very often.

I made a respect thread with "D" best feats.

I think his too 'incosistent". Sometimes he can fight against universal level beings (like the destroyer, and the fusion between Lord Vlad and the Guide), other times he has trouble fighting lesser beings (although most of the time hes holding back)

@brunout

Could I have a link to the respect thread i have finished the first two books already but it is going to take a good while for me to finish the next 18

Thanks the thread is very impressive

I do intend to finish reading the volumes so I will go over and see if anything has be left out

One of the things that I left out was that he might be able to fight omnipresent beings

Since the "sacred ancestor" defeated Cthulhu (yea theres a Cthulhu in VHD) who is omnipresent in that verse, and D is pretty much equal to the sacred ancestor (said by the ancestor himself in tyrant's star)

Cthulhu himself considered D a great threat and someone well capable of killing him

Yeah, when it comes to feats, he's always been a monster. I definitely see him being the strongest character in whatever tier he's in.

He just has so much HAX

Also in Dark Road novel show that he can copy the abilities of others and even using it betten than the original owner. But since I lost the scan I'm reading it again.

Brunout said:
He just has so much HAX

Also in Dark Road novel show that he can copy the abilities of others and even using it betten than the original owner. But since I lost the scan I'm reading it again.
Code:
the volumes I have been reading keep telling me how pretty d is

Also since this is still open, I want to ask something: How does this feat classifies?

He broke through an eternally sealed dimension, with such force that it warped the space-time continuum that lies outside of it, events in the past were being altered, even an alpha-class black hole disappeared

https://imgur.com/a/POjav

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Allegedly┬░, the original profile for D had a ton of dumb, unjustified and/or flat-out wanked stats attached to it, and was made by someone with a clear bias towards the character. Some consensus eventually led to the profile being deleted, as it was one of the only profiles based on the VHD-verse that we had.
Someone may or may not be working on bringing the character back to the wiki┬░┬░, but for right now, he's been nixed until someone can assess his statistics the right way.

┬░ I wasn't active on the wiki at the time, so I can't be sure whether or not this is the full story. This is simply what I was told when I got back.

┬░┬░ I heard that this was the case a while back, but I can't remember where, and I have no clue who's dealing with the task. I'm also uncertain as to whether or not this is the truth.
I happened to be searching some VHD stuff online and came across this thread.

I'm the one who was asked to add info for VHD in general which I did, where as I copied most of the information directly from the main wiki, where I added almost all the information you see there. So instead of writing something again I only made slight changes to suit the wiki here.

As for the validity or some kind of bias, the wiki where I copied it from is recognized by vhd the series( The creators of the comic and show in the works who talks directly to the creator) who stated its the most detailed information about vhd they saw online and like it. So I was putting it up here for other fans and letting people decide based on the information what kind of ranking they should have with out me getting into it. But I was asked to discuss it in some threads where mods and users alike(with the exception of some fans) refused to believe the facts of vhd.

In the end I said if it can't be represented as it should be then it shoud be deleted.

I was contacted by several people to make more profiles again which I declined to do. They said they were going to make them. They tried to ask others on the site to do it but no one was interested in doing it.

Any way if it helps people have permission to copy from the wiki if they want to create profiles for the characters.

there are some feats that I dunno how to classify

Like, theres one where D escapes a sealed place without space, and the novel said that anything swallowed by something that doesn't exist also cease to exist.

I wanted to know if it counts as some kind of HAX resistance or some shit

I had a feeling that seemed familiar.

Yeah, this would be resistance to sealing and EE. About as straightforward as it gets, really.

Back