• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Makes a Verse "Official"?

If I were to make a verse, what qualifications should it have to be allowed on this wiki? Are there any to begin with?

for it to not be a fanfic or shootoff of an already existing verse (like how boruto is still part of naruto verse).

For it to not be a discontinued fiction.

For it to have at least some amaount of fans, this last one is the most lose of a rule tough

For it to be an officially made, either originally made or canon, work of fiction. For example, Batman is owned by Warner brothers and is part of DC, so he's allowed, but say, Polandball isn't, since it's comics can be made by anyone.

OK, so I'd have to trademark my verse or be associated with something like Toei Animation, for example?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Well, technically, but it might get deleted if you made the verse yourself and tried to put profiles of it on this wiki.
But what if someone else added the verse? Could I contribute and give definitive answers since I am the author/writer?

I mean yes but it's highly unlikely any of this would happen since publishing a work is extremely complicated and the "notability" rule was literally put into place to prevent obscure borderline fanfiction from being allowed

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I mean yes but it's highly unlikely any of this would happen since publishing a work is extremely complicated and the "notability" rule was literally put into place to prevent obscure borderline fanfiction from being allowed
I understand. But haven't online series been put on this wiki? Such as Castle (Verse)?

Online verses are allowed as long as they have some sort of regulation or canon. For example most webcomics have one creator and SCP have limitations and canons. But say, Polandball wouldn't be allowed (even though it's 2-C or so)

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Online verses are allowed as long as they have some sort of regulation or canon. For example most webcomics have one creator and SCP have limitations and canons. But say, Polandball wouldn't be allowed (even though it's 2-C or so)
So, if I made an online verse that has one creator (being myself), it would be accepted?

Back