• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What power is this?

So I've been doing research in order to update the Xenoblade 2 pages with better format, haxes, tiering, etc and from my research I came across an ability characters have that confused me greatly. I'd greatly appreciate if I could get assistance on determining what exactly this would classify as.

The power in question is how characters in Xenoblade 2 have the ability to "Annul Guard" which in game means they can bypass (not nullify/negate) barriers/forcefields.

Sounds to be a conditional Damage Boost (as we do not have a power to cover piercing defenses); may also be related to Durability Negation (but against forcefields).

I think Damage Boost against forcefields sounds best wording.

It's basically an attack where forcefields pretty much do not lower the impact of the attack at all?

It is considerable more easy for the attack breaking through forcefields, that means, it cause more damage to it. Alternatively, if its nulls the forcefield then it could be [conditional] Power Nullification, or maybe [selective] Intangibility if it phase through the barrier.

I'll say that the Forcefield isn't broken or nullified, it just ignored when an attack it used. For example if an opponent uses the barrier and you hit the barrier with an attack that Guard Annuls then it would still be full damage.

This should fall under limited durability negation, in the same fashion as the example of using threads to bypass armor on the dura neg page.

Back