• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Speed and/or DC/AP is needed to escape or destroy a black hole?

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
This is using a real black hole in a ficticious setting.

I am simply curious as how a being could escape a black hole assuming they can move faster than lightspeed. Likely, I figure, if it can go that fast, time around it is altered, and not to mention due to the massive gravitational pull, a black hole might already distort space-time to the point where I am beggining to dispute with myself whether or not FTL or nearly MFTL (or greater) is needed to escape the pull of a black hole.

Same with attack potency. Would a tank (entity with AP = durability) character of about Tier 3 or one with some form of manipulation be able to destroy (conceptually), or at least alter a black hole? Or would they have to be far stronger or have some form of time/reality manipulation?

Let's see, being a beyond dimensional being, being truly intangible, overwhelmingly high-level reality manipulation. But actual attack potency and speed?

Dekoshu said:
Let's see, being a beyond dimensional being, being truly intangible, overwhelmingly high-level reality manipulation. But actual attack potency and speed?
Yes. I think at a certain point, outside of reality/space-time manipulation, couldn't the sheer power of a High 3-A being resist and destroy a black hole?

Escaping: You don't need much speed, just distance. If it's not so, we wouldn't survive the supermassive black hole that located in the center of the galaxy.

You don't need to go out of your way to destroy a black hole either. It would just destroy itself by hawking radiation, so technically a time manipulator is enough.

aaaand here we go again ....

we do not know much about real life black holes, but from what we know.. they basically ignore durability, and in the setting/ relativistic system of a real black hole, you cannot exceed light speed, hence cant escape....

The Living Tribunal1 said:
aaaand here we go again ....
we do not know much about real life black holes, but from what we know.. they basically ignore durability, and in the setting/ relativistic system of a real black hole, you cannot exceed light speed, hence cant escape....
Interesting. So you would need to be a realty warper in fiction, or unrelistically fast?

Andykhang said:
Escaping: You don't need much speed, just distance. If it's not so, we wouldn't survive the supermassive black hole that located in the center of the galaxy.
You don't need to go out of your way to destroy a black hole either. It would just destroy itself by hawking radiation, so technically a time manipulator is enough.
I like this idea. So someone that has high Time/Space/Reality manipulation?

^Could be.

Edit: That person should be careful though, because that would be forcing a process that would take millions of years to end in the instant, and release the energy equivalent of an entire star in mass just as quick.

Andykhang said:
^Could be.
Edit: That person should be careful though, because that would be forcing a process that would take millions of years to end in the instant, and release the energy equivalent of an entire sun in mass just as quick.
Eh, who cares, in the verse I'm talking about that's equal to your first baby steps.

Oh, Okay then. That person could used the blast itself for some use, like the most efficent power plant in the universe, or the most destructive nuke.

Andykhang said:
Oh, Okay then. That person could used the blast itself for some use, like the most efficent power plant in the universe, or the most destructive nuke.
Huh. It's a garbage diposal, lol

well the thing is.. once you get in a relativistic setting black hole, you cant get out of it from what we know about them so far...

SoyHop said:
Andykhang said:
A very dangerous one though, what with all the gamma ray and the occasional Quasar explosion. Plus, it kinda ruin the view when the trash just keep linger on forever.

Andykhang said:
SoyHop said:
Andykhang said:
A very dangerous one though, what with all the gamma ray and the occasional Quasar explosion. Plus, it kinda ruin the view when the trash just keep linger on forever.
That's alright, the Tier 0 will just erase that verse.

So, at minimum, a distance manipulator for escaping and a time manipulator for destroying black hole. That should be it.

Edit: Alternatively, a density manipulator to "disperse" the black hole safely.

no... i real black hole is different

is basically a place where spacetime becomes undefined, once you get into a real one, you cannot escape.

^It's also simply a point of attraction, a place where copious amount of energy have been concentrated to the point of breaking space-time. (That's a part of the reason why there's a thing call Hawking radiation). So dispersing it would make it disappear.

Andykhang said:
^It's also simply a point of attraction, a place where copious amount of energy have been concentrated to the point of breaking space-time. (That's a part of the reason why there's a thing call Hawking radiation). So dispersing it would make it disappear.
how on earth are you going to disperse this energy? you can only wait it out, maybe go so close to light that trillions upon trillions of years pass by in days... then it would merely be a contest of seeing which has a longer lifespan then

Andykhang said:
A black hole takes trillions of years to die via hawking radiation. More than age of universe

^Yeah, that's where the time manipulator come in. You still need someone that could fasten time to at least billions of time like you said though.

Andykhang said:
^Yeah, that's where the time manipulator come in. You still need someone that could fasten time to at least billions of time like you said though.
well in a relativistic setting i dont think you "fasten time"

instead you can slow down "your time" by going close to speed of light ....

that can work but the user itself wont be doing itself to destroy the black hole, just out-lasting it

In term of manipulating though, that person must create a space when thing would be slowed by billions of years of time. Is there someone that could do that beside the top tier?

Andykhang said:
In term of manipulating though, that person must create a space when thing would be slowed by billions of years of time. Is there someone that could do that beside the top tier?
well in a relativistic setting, the best you can do is speed up so much that time slows for you so days for you are eons for an observer

OR you could increase you mass bya HUGE amount and do the same effect

^Fighting black hole with black hole? Don't we already know that a terribly bad idea that just going to birth another black hole?

SoyHop said:
well the thing is.. once you get in a relativistic setting black hole, you cant get out of it from what we know about them so far...
What if you're MFTL?
you cannot be mftl in a relativistic setting
You wrote relativistic, I think you meatn REAL-istic. Also, this is in fiction, but with a real black hole with feasible black hole feats/capabilities.

This is not a serious IRL physics discussion, just to let everyone in this thread know. I am going to specify again in the post.

no no

i mean relativistic

because it is a physical system, relativistic as in based on relativity (both special theory and general theory of relativity)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_mechanics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity

also, " this is in fiction, but with a real black hole with feasible black hole feats/capabilities."- no you clearly do not understand black holes in relativistic framework, now for inaccurately described fictionakl black holes- you may escape them but they DO NOT have properties exactly like actual ones in a relativistci framework

as for " feasable black hole qualities" do u just mean needing more than light speed to escapee? if that is the case and if we ignore all relativistic reasons as to why light cannot escape a black hole, then any ftl character can escape from outer ranges of this inaccurate black hole (in reality being sucked in a black hole has to do with geometry of spacee time and its not an actual pull inside)

no no
i mean relativistic

because it is a physical system, relativistic as in based on relativity (both special theory and general theory of relativity)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_mechanics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity

also, " this is in fiction, but with a real black hole with feasible black hole feats/capabilities."- no you clearly do not understand black holes in relativistic framework, now for inaccurately described fictionakl black holes- you may escape them but they DO NOT have properties exactly like actual ones in a relativistci framework

as for " feasable black hole qualities" do u just mean needing more than light speed to escapee? if that is the case and if we ignore all relativistic reasons as to why light cannot escape a black hole, then any ftl character can escape from outer ranges of this inaccurate black hole (in reality being sucked in a black hole has to do with geometry of spacee time and its not an actual pull inside)
I'm talking about escaping the singularity, or any area directly around that.

Back