• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which % of Speed of Light we assume things rated as ''Near LightSpeed''

I guess it depends contextually and on the person. I personally tend to assume 70-80% since I feel that's reasonable, but I wouldn't call out 90% as exaggerated.

99% 😎
tenor.gif

Technically speaking mach 1 is near the speed of light relative to 1 millimeter an hour.

So I'd wager maybe like average human is fair. 👀

Actually though I'd say it depends on context. It could be as high as 99%+ to something drastically lower.

If someone told me "near zero", I'd picture less than 1%.
Yet for some reason on this wiki "near light speed" is estimated at some really low numbers like 75%.

I mean that's subjective, 4 is near zero compared to 10, 51% is near 100%, compared to 5%, etc, is case by case and honestly idk what's the official ranting number for characters dependent on this

Then I will make a profile to a character be 99,9999% Speed of Light based on it, as it still is Near LightSpeed
70cc98296034768f8eee9ad124827ba2.gif

Ard's 2nd form approaches light speed and his Base is about 57% the speed of light, so for him i just take it as his 2nd form being >57%.

A Wild Last Boss characters like Benetnash have speed almost no different from light, however Orm has a explicit statement of mach 500,000, which is 56% light speed, so in that case, i just take them as being that, instead of as high as like 90% lightspeed.

It's not counted past 94% due to physcs actiing weird past that I believe
I wouldn't say it's acting "weird", it's acting as it's supposed to.
It just doesn't follow the Newtonian formula which people are taught in high school.

According to the Kinetic Energy Feats page, we stop allowing relativistic calculations once it's over 4x the Newtonian value, at about 93% light speed. This is because in reality the kinetic energy raises without bounds towards a vertical asymptote at v=c.

I never been a big fan of "Near lightspeed" statements being used to justify calculations, as I feel as if that's a common hyperbole unless there's some actual light feats and feats reacting to light to back it up. But there have been conflicting rules; some said baseline Relativistic, but then the rules got changed to 51% light speed; over 90% seems stretchy though.

I never been a big fan of "Near lightspeed" statements being used to justify calculations, as I feel as if that's a common hyperbole unless there's some actual light feats and feats reacting to light to back it up. But there have been conflicting rules; some said baseline Relativistic, but then the rules got changed to 51% light speed; over 90% seems stretchy though.
51% lightspeed seems too low, as it is ''Near Lightspeed''

Probably Because is a low ball, 51% is the minimun to be considered near it since 50% is neutral and 49% is near 0% than 100%

If someone told me "near zero", I'd picture less than 1%.
Yet for some reason on this wiki "near light speed" is estimated at some really low numbers like 75%.
It kinda depends.
More often than not I see people assume "faster than sound" statements as supersonic, but I also see in fiction describe lightning speed as just "faster than sound", which technically correct but lightning is massively hypersonic.

Back