• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which Stand is stronger: Star Platinum or Crazy Diamond?

Crazy Diamond overpowred Star Platinum...but Josuke said to Red Hot Chilli Pepper:,,Listen up! Jotaro's much stronger than I am, and his Stand, too!

So...which Stand is stronger?

Chapter 307

JK100

SPlat in its physical prime may have been superior to Crazy Diamond.

It's likely that here, Josuke was more referring to Jotaro having more experience, along with SPlat's time stop.

What Prom had said here.

To Prom: Had to edit your comment a bit as you might have meant to say Josuke but you said Jotaro twice.

yeah, SP wins thanks to experience and timestop, otherwise in close combat CD has clearly the upper hand, the manipulation power of CD is actually quite dangerous, imagine a body punch and suddenly your rips bend into your lungs and kill you from the inside :/

@GSin: Oh that sounds dangerous. I mean then again, it's not exactly something Josuke can't do so...yeah.

@Prom: No problem/

I get the implication that SP at it's peak in Part 3 is greater than Current CD. Crazy Diamond would however likely beat Part 4 or later if they were to have a proper stand fight.

Star Platinum's time stop combined with Jotaro's experience means Star Platinum wins in Part 4 and on. Otherwise, CD takes it in physical combat.

I remember that in Eyes of Heaven, everyone (including Josuke) is wondering how powerful Jotaro and Star Platinum were in their prime. So yeah, as AMM stated:

Part 3 Star Platinum > Crazy Diamond in Raw Strength

Crazy Diamond > Part 4 Star Platinum in Raw Strength (since Jotaro would have gotten DORARARA'D if not for ZA WARUDO).

I find it strange how CD is stated on this wiki to have "blitzed" Star Platinum, which is blatantly untrue. Star Platinum was able to play around and react to everything CD tried; trading blows with Jotaro's stand is not a MFTL feat for Josuke, it should just be a strength feat.

The statement doesn't support CD "blitzing" star platinum. It was a remark on CD's power, not speed. And like I said, SP had time to react to everything CD did, so there is no "blitzing" going on here.

They both have an A in speed, so they should scale in speed in that regard. But not by virtue of this feat.

^but if SP was a lot faster than CD than he could have dodged the hits, instead of tanked them despite realizing them being to strong for him, than resorting to timestop,

this gives CD at least the same speed as SP...

I think CD >> SP in close combat as CD was able to (somewhat) keep up with as supercharged electricity overloaded RHCP, who's stats were almost all A before the power up

Platinum>>>>>Platinum part four>>cd>platinum after 10 years of not having usage. After platinum got more usage josuke and koichi explicitly claimed he had the power advantage. Also man ya necrod hard.

Jotaro having to resort to Za Warudo to avoid CD's punch is a speed feat due to Jotaro having FTL reactions and yet being slow enough to have to avoid it in that way. If CD were inferior in speed, SP would've just intercepted it or something.

I still stand by my statement that SP is faster.

SP was holding back and Jotaro said it himself that he was intending to take a hit from Josuke. Star Platinum was able to initially blitz CD the moment it tried to come out of Josuke.

Not to mention it was able to put up its arms and block before CD could attack, and could pull off a time stop mid punch.

CD and SP are roughly on par but to say that CD "blitzed" SP is pretty baseless.

Not saying CD is faster, just that its fast enough to catch Jotaro off-guard even with his reaction speed. Also, I don't remember CD ever blitzing SP.

Stands are inconsistent as **** though.

In part 3 Jotaro laid waste to diamond teeth as if they were made of gingerbread, not to mention straight up shattering DIO's stand and punching water into a manhole so hard yelow temprance got launched 20 or so meters up in the air from the water preasure.

In part 4 josuke and okuyasu is having difficulty punching through superfly (even if it reflects the damage it takes some time before it does so) and jotaro was was having trouble with defending against josuke's punches.

So in short: SP is as strong as Araki needs him to be at the current moment.

Back