• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the strongest horror character Candle Cove can defeat?/What horror character can defeat Candle Cove?

No I'm not talking about Channel Zero, I'm talking about the iconic creepypasta version of Candle Cove with its extended mythos.

Link to my blog post here: Candle Cove (Candle Cove Mythos)

Candlecovestorytelling
i visited my mom today at the nursing home. i asked her about when i was littel in the early 70s, when i was 8 or 9 and if she remebered a kid's show, candle cove. she said she was suprised i could remember that and i asked why, and she said "because i used to think it was so strange that you said 'i'm gona go watch candle cove now mom' and then you would tune the tv to static and juts watch dead air for 30 minutes. you had a big imagination with your little pirate show."
~ mike_painter65​
Summary
NOTE: The Summery contains direct quotes from the Candle Cove Wiki, specifically this page

Candle Cove
was an American experimental puppet TV-show, aimed at children. It was originally going to be called "Pirate Place".

Locally produced in Ironton, Ohio, the show advertised itself as modestly trying to handle avantgarde educational contents through new techniques, both visual, artistic, and technical.

It apparently was loosely based on a short story called "The Nickerbocker's Tale" from 1767.

Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknow, possibly 8-C with the Candle Cove Curse

Name: Candle Cove, Pirate Place, "Puppet show from Hell"

Origin: Candle Cove Mythos

Classification: Messed up kids-show, Cursed television broadcast

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Sleep Manipulation and Dream Manipulation (In The Journal of Damien Gree, the show causes the narrator to fall asleep for four days and causes the narrator and Bill to have grewsome nightmares; In the original Candle Cove story, caused Skyshale033 to have vivid nightmares due to the Screaming Episode), Causes PTSD and Panic Attacks, Induces Paranoia and Fear, Curse Manipulation (Caused many involved to meet terrible fates; Fire burned Elmer Grant's house down, Drove Emerson Grimes insane, Caused Miranda Hartman to loose her memory, Caused a heart attack and a stroke for George King and Donald Richardso respectively, William McCoy got mauled to death by his own dog, and The unexpected/unexplained death of Mark Jenso), "SEBTAW" (Sound Echography Braincasting Transmissing Air Wave Signal), It can be transmitted directly into the brai (A byproduct causes addiction and aggressio), Telekinesis (Caused a ladder to fall on a Walter Shay, paralyzing him; seemingly "pushed" Jeremy Laberge off his roof, cracking his skull), Illusion Creation (Shown in the Day of the Dead story), possibly Teleportation of people (Could be responsible for the unexplained disappearances of Miranda Hartman and Gary McKimmo) and Non-Corporeal (Has been alluded to being an unknown supernatural force that is implied to have no physical form).

Attack Potency: Unknow, possibly Building level with the Candle Cove Curse (Burned down a house). Most abilities bypass conventional durability.

Speed: Unknow, possibly Speed of Light (Could be as fast as the radio wave it was sent o)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Unknow

Durability:
Unknow, non-corporeality makes it hard to put down.

Stamina: Unknown, likely Limitless

Range: Varies

Intelligence: Unknown

Weaknesses: Unknown

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Candle Cove Curse: List of Victims and the curse's effects
Rules

• Character must be horror themed
  • Information supporting claim
That is pretty much it. Hope I can some intresting debates about this. Took me HOURS to compile the info for the profile so i hope all the links work.

Well if we assume it is some kind of force, then destroying that force would be key. Possibly people with information manipulation could just change the show or something like that. Getting obvious characters out of the way The Djinn (Wishmaster), Slenderman (EverymanHYBRID), HABIT, Monika, a lot of SCPs could likely destroy it. It could probably hax a lot of the street to wall level characters like the Five Nights At Freddy's roster, Leatherface, all of Dead By Daylight except The Entity, Michael Myers, and Jason Voorhees.

Also could probably take many of the Horrorclix characters, except maybe Freddy vs. Jason (Horrorclix), Reaper of Souls, and The Great Cthulhu. Actually now that I think about it CC could probably curse hax TGC, as well as with FvJ. TGC would be able to harm it and is immune to most of its attacks so who knows. Pennywise, Cthulhu Mythos, and many other characters could likely take it. but who it could defeat is...idk. Maybe a weaker version of freddy k., Candyma would be difficult, and idk about movie Pinhead. Probably could take Lead Cenobite though.

Back