• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo is stronger, yes, but with Mathematician giving her info on each and every way he's going to attack, Usurper stealing all his abilities, and Dead End Rainbow killing Diablo in 7 hits they strike the soul, I don't believe it matters that much.

Usurper isn't really an attack, though. But even if it were to be reflected, Hinata would see this coming. Either she steals all his powers and kills him in 7 hits, or just kills him in 7 hits with her sword.

This is WN Hinata, don't remember her skill being compared to Hakurou.

Diablo's AP is just being able to predict his opponents attacks, and such as predicting what his oppponents are gonna do and setting up moves in advance.

Cool.

Diablo's AP just comes from his experience as a player before being isekai, he knows a lot of tactics and such things, the reason he was a top player in the game was cause he was able to predict what his opponents would do.

In addition to that later he got trained Graham Sasala, a genius martial artist. Hence he became a high level martial artist.

As for his starting move don't really think he has any set move, or at least i wasn't paying enough attention to notice one.

White nova maybe? Or maybe some other basic elemental stuff, not sure.

Don't think stuff like black holes or absolute zero are things he starts with at the beginning of a fight.

@Milly No, power absorption isn't an ability that's been shown in the series from what i remember.

He does reflect all magic, so if it was a thing in verse you could say he does but since it's not it's gonna become a bit of an NLF.

@Elizhaa Magic is the ability used in the series besides martial arts if he could reflect magic which does what usurper does, verse equalization would mean he can do the same with usurper, issue is an ability like usurper doesn't exist in the verse.

"an ability like ursurper doesn't exist in the verse?"

what the-- how can diablo even touch hinata then? moreover she always starts with ursurper

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Elizhaa Magic is the ability used in the series besides martial arts if he could reflect magic which does what usurper does, verse equalization would mean he can do the same with usurper, issue is an ability like usurper doesn't exist in the verse.
No, that's not the case. What would count as equalized as "reflectable by Magic Reflection Ring" would be either limited to actual magic in Slimeverse, or at most be anything that directly uses magic power against Diablo.

However Ursurper, as far as we know, is not included in either of these, so it should work like normal. Obviously Mathematician as well, since it's a pure utility skill that only affects Hinata herself. Now disintegration could be a potential pitfall for Hinata, but it's unlikely for her to use it since it seems like anything Diablo dishes out in terms of spells is faster, and he seems more vulnerable overall in close combat, so it's more likely that she tries to win via 7 strikes of Dead End Rainbow.

By the way, up to what volume is Diablo's profile updated right now? I might be one or two volumes behind by fanTL/officialTL (dunno if it fanTL got surpassed already) now, but I am not sure.

That's seems a bit of favoritism towards the mechanics of slime imo, because multiple powers and differentiation are made in it when it's not the case in maou, cause everything is magic. We can get into the mechanics but certainly magic in slime doesn't make you as broken as it does in maou, or more accurately, it's really not as versatile.

That's why we have verse equalization for these types of things, so we don't twist our heads getting into making sense of how verses with different mechanism interact, regardless it's a pointless discussion cause as i already said no abilities like Hinata's are in the verse.

Diablo isn't vulnerable in combat, he is a highly skilled martial artist, Hinata is just better being a genius and all.

Edit: @Neo Volume 11, it's why i said he isn't vulnerable in close combat, before he thought he could handle himself in combat despite being a low level warrior, but then he was shown a true high level warrior would speed blitz and out-skill him before he can cast a spell so he trained and became a high level warrior so that wouldn't happen.

I was busy for a reply but I do @NeoSuperior's argument with verse equalization. From what I know Ursurper is an unique skill (Chapter 21 WN) so I don't think it should be equalized to Magic since Unique Skills grants many abilities like resistances that even normal magic in the verse can't grant.

From what I seen though, Hinata looks to only use Disintegration as a last resort as it did with Rimuru's clones so I don't think she would use it quickly to get in trouble and she honestly looks she won't need since she would Userper which Diablo shouldn't resist.

@Celestial Pegasus, I don't think it is favoritism per say. I honestly think Unique Skills and Magics are way too different to be verse equalization especially since Unique Skills are differented from Magic in the Slime Verses.

Magic in slime is very basic, it's just elemental stuff, there is no magic that can ignore barriers, instant death, absolute zero etc etc.

Unique skills and above do all that hax stuff, unless i am totally forgetting something.

So this is why i am saying slime makes a differentiation, maou doesn't, and magic in slime is basic while it's very versatile in maou.

So if you apply the logic that just cause Diablo's ability specifically works on magic in his verse, we should use slime logic to say that it won't work cause Hinata doesn't use magic but a skill despite the fact that magic is a very braod category in maou, it seems like favoritism.

Anyway i was popping into this thread, going back to reading LN's.

We know that undirect magic doesn't get reflected, e.g. when a summoned monster touches Diablo it does neither undo the summon, nor make Diablo the master of the monster.

Also being able to reflect something like Disintegration is already a big deal, actually.

So if you apply the logic that just cause Diablo's ability specifically works on magic in his verse, we should use slime logic to say that it won't work cause Hinata('s Userper) doesn't use magic but a skill.

This point was the logic that I was going with, @Celestial Pegasus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back